collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: tiny% Villa:Toon Circus coming to to TV near you  (Read 11854 times)

Offline The Left Side

Re: tiny% Villa:Toon Circus coming to to TV near you
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2011, 10:22:37 PM »
Bestest and thickest fans in the world. Enjoy!

What sad little oiks they are, Ireland will fit in perfectly.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: tiny% Villa:Toon Circus coming to to TV near you
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2011, 11:01:17 PM »
I would have taken a chance on Carroll even for big money, because I think he can be a top striker. As I thought this time last year and earlier.
But £35m is... ludicrous, at this stage.

Outside of his comfort zone, it is quite possible his already fragile psyche could disintegrate.
It's a big gamble that could pay off spectacularly or be an absolute disaster and the fee exaggerates that.

He's a very good player. Of that there's little doubt and with right coaching and guidance he can fulfil his potential. However the pressure that will be on him will be incredible, and it's not like he's got a stand up captain to lean on to help him deal with it.

If he gets off to a slow start, or if his tendency to get injured remains a tendency there won't be anywhere to hide. He would always have been protected at Newcastle because he's one of them, but Liverpool fans won't be as forgiving especially given what they just shelled out for him. We got slated for being "desperate" in signing Bent. At least we got proven ability. It's not even close to to Liverpool's level of desperation in paying that for mostly potential and a lot of personal baggage.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal