collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 11:48:09 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: tiny% Villa:Toon Circus coming to to TV near you  (Read 11803 times)

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
Re: tiny% Villa:Toon Circus coming to to TV near you
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 12:59:11 PM »
Agent to Carroll: There's interest in you son, we should use the opportunity to get a better contract
Carroll to Pardew: Any chance I could have an improved contract gaffer?
Pardew to Carroll: Come on, you only signed one in October not right now
Carroll to Agent: They said no
Agent to Carroll: What! That's a disgrace. They obviously don't value you at all, we should put in a transfer request
Carroll to Chairman: I want a transfer
Chairman to Carroll: OK. My helicopter is waiting to take you to Liverpool.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 01:31:12 PM »
Very strange bunch, Newcastle fans are. I really don't understand their mentality and thought process.

I remember them getting really wound up when we took the piss out of them out of them at Villa Park on the final game of the season when they went down. They were actually blaming us for them being relegated. Hilarious.

re: Carroll. Yes it sucks to have your best striker leave, but they're getting an insane amount for him. If they stay up they'll get 3 or 4 good players with that money so they should be better in the long-term.

Offline eastie

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 01:40:41 PM »
That's only true though situation, if Ashley puts the cash back into signing players, his past history suggests whatever pardew may think that the majority of the Carroll transfer money will not be spent on new players.

Ashley has shown little to suggest he is in it for anything other than the money and has tried to sell up more than once to no avail- i'd be surprised come summer if pardew gets half the cash to spend.

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 05:37:41 PM »
its great both north east loony bins loose there best strikers by miles, fist face and pardew must be wondering what the point is

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2011, 06:27:58 PM »
I find it hard to believe sometimes that Mike Ashley is actually a Newcastle fan. I can't think of one good thing he's done for the club.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2011, 06:43:15 PM »
Selling Carroll and getting Ireland on loan for the rest of the season, there season is just going to go downhill from now on.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2011, 11:05:25 PM »
I find it hard to believe sometimes that Mike Ashley is actually a Newcastle fan. I can't think of one good thing he's done for the club.
He's not - he's a Spurs fan.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2011, 11:15:01 PM »
some one is telling porkies, NUFC show the transfer request

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2011, 11:20:10 PM »
some one is telling porkies, NUFC show the transfer request

He was saying he was forced into it. The truth would only emerge if you could see his finances as he would either have been paid off for his contract or he wouldn't. If he didn't want to go and was forced into it they would probably have to pay a loyalty bonus. If it was Carroll who put in the transfer request then unforced he would have signed that money away.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 11:31:08 PM »
He is a NUFC fan.  He took them up.  He is well paid by them. He is adored by his own fans. He has done well this season for them.

If this was the Villa and I had the ability to play for the Villa and a fan too and be in his shoes,  why the fuck would you want to leave? It really is mental.  Maybe (but not for me) 20 years ago when you had the money increase and to play for Liverpool was a big draw.  But for somebody who was paid well, loved by his fans and in the England spotlight - it makes no sense.

Offline eastie

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 08:41:10 AM »
He said the chairman made it clear they wanted him to go as they wanted the money, in that situation and the chance to double his wage at one of europes most successful ever clubs , it seems quite sensible to me he would leave a newly promoted club to join Liverpool.

Yes he may be a toon fan but that means little , Rooney was a huge everyone fan but still jumped ship, a player will put his career before the team he supports.Liverpool are a far better long term prospect than Newcastle.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 08:42:43 AM by eastie »

Offline pr_N'villa

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 09:11:19 AM »
i think this is the reason hughton was sacked, they knew he would fight the sale of carrol and pardew was told when he took over carrol is going in january so deal with it!

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 09:19:35 AM »
i think this is the reason hughton was sacked, they knew he would fight the sale of carrol and pardew was told when he took over carrol is going in january so deal with it!

Seems unlikely as the deal only became possible because of Torres going to Chelsea.

Offline eastie

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2011, 09:33:16 AM »
Equally unlikely as pardew spent the whole window denying Carroll would be sold, if he knew they were going to sell him he would look a fool by denying it so vehemently.

As I say, a good deal if they spent it all on players but Ashley is hardly a man of his word and will probably hand pardew less than half of it, whatever he may say now.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:38:40 AM by eastie »

Online ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2011, 09:55:24 AM »
Before we start taking the piss out of them i will give you another scenario. Gabby: I've always supported Villa from the day i was born i don't want to play anywhere else Gaffer. Houlleir: We don't want to lose you son but we have a surplus of fowards and appy arry has just offered us 25 million for your services, you will be getting a three million signing on fee. Gabby: how am i going to break it to all my fans, they will be awfully upset. The biggest losers out of this will be Liverpool,35 million for half a good season and a very bad reputation.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal