collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bent a bargain?  (Read 5627 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

Re: Bent a bargain?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 05:48:29 PM »
Carroll fee agreed - £35m!!!!  And Suaraz has agreed terms and Adam is going there.  Scouse twats.

Offline BedsVillain

• Twitter:
  • GM : May, 2013
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 05:53:45 PM »
I'd have taken 1xBent & 1xMakoun plus £12m left over rather than spunking £35m on Carroll any day of the window!! Yes he may have a bright future ahead of him but is he really worth £12m more than the 3rd highest scoring prem player of the last half decade and a seasoned CL/WC experienced International midfielder? I don't think so!

Offline Trinitymiddle

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 05:55:57 PM »
What gets me is all the media were saying how we overpaid for Bent, and his fee is quoted at £24m not £18m.

However, I've had the radio on all day today and everyone seems to think it is perfectly normally for Liverpool to make Andy Carroll (6th months in Prem and comes with A LOT of baggage) the 7th most expensive deal in world football....EVER!!!!??

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 06:03:43 PM »
The thing I actually like about this window is that we set the bar for fees.  And good old Liverpool have obliged by paying this obscene amount of money on one player not yet actually fully proven.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 06:09:46 PM »
Bent is worth every penny of his transfer fee, based on what he does and what he has been doing for 5 years not on potential. He's just coming into his prime years for a striker and is alongside Robbie Fowler in the "PL all-time" on his goals per game strike-rate, better than Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney, Berbatov etc... Only a dozen players have a better strike rate since the start of the PL.

Offline captain beardseye

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 06:37:35 PM »
If the geordies are convinced that carrol is worth 35 million then i think we can convince them to take beye back for at least 4 million hey we could even throw in salifou as the sweatner

Offline theleftside

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 06:43:05 PM »
it's all well and good but if carroll scores 15-20 prem goals per season over next few years and bent struggles into double figures then who is the better buy....bent aint going to be a bargin if he don't score!

we worry about our own lot they can worry about there's!!!!! (and they will torres for carroll with "only" 15m diffrence plus they paid 25m for torres!!)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 06:45:44 PM »
What gets me is all the media were saying how we overpaid for Bent, and his fee is quoted at £24m not £18m.

However, I've had the radio on all day today and everyone seems to think it is perfectly normally for Liverpool to make Andy Carroll (6th months in Prem and comes with A LOT of baggage) the 7th most expensive deal in world football....EVER!!!!??

Don't have a problem with it at all.

If they still want Ashley Young in the summer the price is now 75 million of your English pounds.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 06:51:43 PM »
Bent was always a bargain in my eye, or at least the standard price you can expect to pay for a 20-goal-a-season striker.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 07:00:43 PM »
There is a transfer thread at the top of the page.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal