collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 11:45:03 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pravda: Osbourne joins Sheffield Wednesday until the end of the season  (Read 7908 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Isaiah Osbourne makes League One loan switch

Isaiah Osbourne has joined Sheffield Wednesday on loan until the end of the season.

The 23-year-old midfielder will relish the League One opportunity at Hillsborough after being on the periphery of things at Villa over the past few seasons.

He will now link up with Alan Irvine's Owls as they look for a quick return to the Championship.

After featuring in a handful of cup matches in 2008-09, he enjoyed a brief loan spell at Nottingham Forest, becoming the first signing of Billy Davies' reign.

Championship club Middlesbrough was his destination last term, where he played nine times during a temporary stint.

Either side of his loan spell in the North East, Osbourne featured on numerous occasions for Villa's Reserve League South-winning second string.

The local lad has made numerous appearances for the first team since coming through the youth ranks.

His debut came as a late substitute against Fulham at Villa Park in October 2006, while he showed his talent with an impressive cameo from the bench in a 1-1 draw at Arsenal in March 2008.

Offline Jimbo

Re: Pravda: Osbourne joins Sheffield Wednesday until the end of the season
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 06:38:42 PM »
Agent Osbourne, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to snap some knuckledragger legs and stick one up the neanderthals at the pig sty. Then hopefully they will self-destruct.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 06:41:36 PM »
That picture will give me nightmares for weeks.

'You sure have a 'purty mouth.'

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 06:45:42 PM »
Isaiah Osbourne makes League One loan switch

'Bubba' out of Forrest Gump has joined Sheffield Wednesday on loan until the end of the season.

The 23-year-old midfielder will relish the League One opportunity at Hillsborough after being on the periphery of things at Villa over the past few seasons.

He will now link up with Alan Irvine's Owls as they look for a quick return to the Championship.

After featuring in a handful of cup matches in 2008-09, he enjoyed a brief loan spell at Nottingham Forest, becoming the first signing of Billy Davies' reign.

Championship club Middlesbrough was his destination last term, where he played nine times during a temporary stint.

Either side of his loan spell in the North East, 'Bubba' featured on numerous occasions for Villa's Reserve League South-winning second string.

The local lad has made numerous appearances for the first team since coming through the youth ranks.

His debut came as a late substitute against Fulham at Villa Park in October 2006, while he showed his talent with an impressive cameo from the bench in a 1-1 draw at Arsenal in March 2008.

All the best. And remind me again how you are still on the Villa wage sheet. This must be the 15th time you have gone on loan in the last couple of years.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 06:53:06 PM »

Isaiah Osbourne, star of the 2006 version of 'The Hills have eyes' has joined Sheffield Wednesday on loan until the end of the season.

The 23-year-old midfielder will relish the League One opportunity at Hillsborough after aimlessley drifting in the reserves at Villa over the past few seasons.

He will now link up with Alan Irvine's Owls as they look for a quick dip down into League 2.

After featuring in a handful of cup matches in 2008-09, he enjoyed a brief loan spell at Nottingham Forest, becoming the first signing of Billy Davies' reign, it was short lived after he turned a corner sharply at the Forest training ground and he came face to face with their tea Lady who immediately turned to stone.

Championship club Middlesbrough was his destination last term, where he was used to frighten the crows off the Riverside pitch.

Either side of his loan spell in the North East, Osbourne featured on numerous occasions for Villa's community programme, during lectures to young offenders he would leap out from behind the curtains and scare seven shades of stringy shit out of the lawless youths.

His debut came as a late substitute against Fulham at Villa Park in October 2006, His picture was featured on the match screen and 344 supporters were treated for shock.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 06:54:59 PM by Rip Van Bentfletch »

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 07:32:22 PM »

Isaiah Osbourne, star of the 2006 version of 'The Hills have eyes' has joined Sheffield Wednesday on loan until the end of the season.

The 23-year-old midfielder will relish the League One opportunity at Hillsborough after aimlessley drifting in the reserves at Villa over the past few seasons.

He will now link up with Alan Irvine's Owls as they look for a quick dip down into League 2.

After featuring in a handful of cup matches in 2008-09, he enjoyed a brief loan spell at Nottingham Forest, becoming the first signing of Billy Davies' reign, it was short lived after he turned a corner sharply at the Forest training ground and he came face to face with their tea Lady who immediately turned to stone.

Championship club Middlesbrough was his destination last term, where he was used to frighten the crows off the Riverside pitch.

Either side of his loan spell in the North East, Osbourne featured on numerous occasions for Villa's community programme, during lectures to young offenders he would leap out from behind the curtains and scare seven shades of stringy shit out of the lawless youths.

His debut came as a late substitute against Fulham at Villa Park in October 2006, His picture was featured on the match screen and 344 supporters were treated for shock.
;D

I actually think half the crowd pissed their pants laughing the first time he came on the screen! Harsh, but very funny. At least we know why Tom Hanks became a Villa fan when he looked at our 'roster' and saw his old actor buddy staring back at him.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 07:40:27 PM »
Any chance we can move to a new ground before the end of the season and not send him the new address?

Hope he does well though as he needs a move away from here.  God knows what MON was thinking when he gave him that new contract.

Offline ChrissyPrice

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 07:43:06 PM »
I think League 1 is about his right level.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 07:50:01 PM »
Why is the thread called Pravda? I've always wondered.

Offline Legion

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 07:51:05 PM »
Check out your Russian history. 'The Truth'.

Offline villa1

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 08:05:06 PM »
Why is the thread called Pravda? I've always wondered.

Don't know too much detail, but it was the name of a newspaper I believe.

Offline Legion

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2011, 08:27:34 PM »
Good luck to him - he may not make it with us,  but I want most* of our academy lads to go on and do something.

*except those that go to Small Heath

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 10:27:59 PM »
So when does his Villa contract run out, has he played his last game for us (fingers crossed smiley thing)?

Offline Marlon's Hairy Wood

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 10:11:08 AM »
So when does his Villa contract run out, has he played his last game for us (fingers crossed smiley thing)?

His contracts up at the end of the season

So basically, the same situation as with Carew and this is the last we'll hear of him in terms of with Villa

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal