collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Michael Bradley signs (page 6)  (Read 61148 times)

Offline Merv

Re: Michael Bradley signs (page 6)
« Reply #270 on: February 15, 2011, 09:02:40 AM »

Can i borrow you're Crystal ball for next weeks lottery results?

I'll tell you them now, if you like...

Offline pedro25

« Reply #271 on: February 15, 2011, 09:21:29 AM »
I'd like to see him and Delph in for the next game, with Bannan on the bench, had enough of NRC and Petrov's averageness and Pires doesn't deserve a spot on the bench.

Offline Merv

« Reply #272 on: February 15, 2011, 09:58:10 AM »
I think I'd go with a midfield three of NRC, Bradley and Bannan; think we need Bannan's vision in our midfield. NRC and Bradley provide the strength.

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #273 on: February 15, 2011, 10:04:45 AM »
I would like to see Bannon back or Delph, why have Pirez on the bench when you are not going to use him, hje is holding back the progress of youth.

Offline Daholteend

« Reply #274 on: February 15, 2011, 10:48:20 AM »
With the substitutions that GH had already made and Makoun red carded, who else but Bradley should have been fielded?

Delph is coming back from knee injuries and it would be unwise to risk him on  Blackpools dodgy pitch, Albrighton has shown his defensive play needs work and Pires may be perhaps too slow and not the kind of player you would need to stave off an onslaught against 10 men.

I think that Bradley acquitted himself quite well in the circumstances. With a little more time in training with the team and getting to know the system that GH wants played plus a little extra fitness training I think he will play well enough in the upcoming games.

The question is, will GH bring Stan back?   NRC almost certainly has to stay in the team unless he is injured. I think a pairing of NRC and Bradley could prove successful, especially with Ashley and Bent getting over their games for England. Bradley might be able to offer something a little different going forward. We will see.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #275 on: February 15, 2011, 10:49:25 AM »
Twenty minutes while we're down to ten men seems a slightly limited time period over which to judge a player, especially one who has just moved from another country / league.

Offline Merv

« Reply #276 on: February 15, 2011, 10:53:06 AM »
Absolutely, there's plenty more to come from Bradley. He's got to start next match, for me - that's why I'd have Reo-Coker next to him so he's got help doing the physical work, and have a ball player like Bannan (well, Bannan) in there. The way I see it, Bannan should be getting the nod over Petrov more often than not, now (especially while Makoun is injured and Delph tentatively returning) and he's got more mobility about him, more zip.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #277 on: February 15, 2011, 11:23:05 AM »
He needs a pre-season  ;)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #278 on: February 16, 2011, 06:51:24 PM »
I think I'd go with a midfield three of NRC, Bradley and Bannan; think we need Bannan's vision in our midfield. NRC and Bradley provide the strength.

I'd go with that Merv but think we'll see Petrov back. GH never fails to surprise me with his team selections.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #279 on: February 17, 2011, 12:12:33 AM »
Petrov is fine in a three man midfield and as a sub coming on for the last 20 mins in a 2 man midfield. Thats it though. It is pretty natural that Bradley will get a lot of chances before now and the end of the season. Out of our other options, Reo Coker is our best centre midfielder imo and Id keep playing him with two others until we are mathematically safe from relegation. If this is achieved then we might aswell drop him altogether as he is off in the summer and get games into Bradley, Delph and Bannan.

Must say the 4-4-1-1 formation is not suiting our players at the moment. Our inexperienced full backs get no cover from the likes of Downing and Albrighton. In the middle, our selections are completely inconsistent. Dont think this is a good idea when trying to bed in new signings. We seem to have only one tackler from midfield up - Reo Coker when he plays - so the defence is being got at far too easily imo. Houllier seems to have no idea who his best eleven are or what formation he should use them in. We are a really poor side at the moment frankly, even if this is a season of 'transition' we should be comfortably in the top half considering the dross in the EPL at present.

This summer Id like to see:

2 new keepers - Given would be the safe choice, what Ive seen of Al Habsi has been impressive
Right back - Can only see Walker signing if Ashley Young goes the other way - Luke Young, Habib Beye hopefully to leave

Centre Half - Try bed Clark in next to one other. Probably listen to offers for the other three with one to go.

Left back - New one needed - Warnock to go. Kieran Gibbs seems to have gone stale at Arsenal - might be worth a Bid. Enrique at Newcastle has always impressed me too. I was hugely impressed by Baker at Wigan and hopefully he can be back up.

Wings - Ashley Young and Ireland are almost certainly off. Cant see Houllier being able to get the best out of someone like Nzogbia. We need a new winger to come in. Id like to see the wingers given more freedom next season and play further forward.

Centre. We definitely should play 433 next season so we need a hard working trio in here. Pity Reo Coker is off with Petrov certain to follow. Makoun and Delph hopefully will take the right and left positions in the three but we still need someone to hold the centre as I dont think Makoun is that player. Hopefully Bradley can prove to be. Even with Bannan I think we will need one more option considering how injury prone Delph is.

Up front - Heskey to go. Bent to be number one. Gabby number two. Fonz to go out on loan.

I still think we have the makings of a good team but have no faith in Houllier to get it right considering the shambles this season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal