collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers F.A. Cup 4th Round Post-Match Thread  (Read 30260 times)

Offline Matt Collins

Re: Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers F.A. Cup 4th Round Post-Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2011, 09:47:46 AM »
Crawley away would be great for me. Might be tricky to get a ticket though

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2011, 09:58:09 AM »
I think we played well again Bannan played well as did Clark who i think was MOTM in my opinion it's just a shame Baker got a straight red but now let's keep our winning run going at OT on tuesday.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2011, 10:14:45 AM »
Thought both Baker's crosses for goals looked Class! People at the match today, how was his all round game, pre red card?? Will he make it as a left back?

I was sitting in Witton Lane towards the Holte yesterday. So I observred Walker's defending and Baker's attacking  with lot of attention. Worried about Walker  being the RB solution. Baker is taller than I expected and quick. With Gabby tucking in closer to Heskey in the first half  he had lot of room to go forward  and get involved. He is composed  prior to  delivery into the box. All his crosses were well meaured and  he was timing them right with no over elaboration. I think he will have tougher defensive games to  test him in the future. Blackburn yeterday were prodominately left sided team on attack.
I thought the red card was correct and he will learn from that.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 10:25:58 AM by aftab235 »

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2011, 10:17:31 AM »
Walker was at fault for the first goal, other than that he had a decent half.
Second half he looked shaky, but he'll improve.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2011, 10:31:37 AM »
Impressed with Walker with most of his game but he did seem to get caught out a bit in the second half.

Watched the goals again on TV last night and it got me wondering why ITV felt the need to film the match via a mobile phone. Absolutely dreadful coverage again from that bunch of amateurs at ITV. They shouldn't be allowed anywhere near football in this country.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2011, 10:57:52 AM »
Impressed with Walker with most of his game but he did seem to get caught out a bit in the second half.

Watched the goals again on TV last night and it got me wondering why ITV felt the need to film the match via a mobile phone. Absolutely dreadful coverage again from that bunch of amateurs at ITV. They shouldn't be allowed anywhere near football in this country.
You're right.
The replays were particularly grainy.
Wish the BBC could have it back, ITV sport is laughable.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2011, 10:59:27 AM »
ITV's production values across all its channels and programmes, even when they're good (and that tends to be Granada programmes from the '80s), are an embarrassment to British broadcasting.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2011, 11:02:29 AM »
Decent performance from us. Pires was getting a lot of stick from some of the people sitting around me, they cheered when he scored then when back to booing him. I thought he had an average game but if you went by what the News of the World has said about him this morning you'd have thought Pele was on the pitch. Blackburn were awful , their passing dreadful and summed up by their freekick in the second half then went straight across the pitch into the path of Downing (i think it was) who set off on goal and forced a good save.  ITV's coverage was awful - as to be expected - they didnt even show Blackburn hit the post or the chance i just mentioned.
Just a word on Blackburn's away following - it was the worst i've ever seen in 20 years of going to Villa Park - and i can remember them not bringing many the season they were defending champions. I only heard them cheer or sing once and that was only after they scored.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2011, 11:11:36 AM »
I think all PL clubs video  all games and ITV used that recording and dubbed  some fake commentary on it. I don't think ITV have any facilities of their own for capturing sports events. They  probably use Sky, BBC Resources or other Agencies for that purpose.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2011, 11:31:20 AM »
Thought the ITV coverage was absolutely woeful in both quality and quantity.  About 1 minute of highlights which omitted some other key incidents - their shot against the bar, Clark's goal line header clearance, Downing's break and shot followed by Robinson's save, Collins dispossessing Samba (?) just as he was about to shoot from 5 yards out amongst others.

The only thing I would say is that after the match I posted on here that I thought Baker's red card was a disgrace.  Have to eat humble pie and say I think the ref got it right - I would have been calling for a red if it was the other way round. Still think Hoilett's over-reaction was uncalled for
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 11:35:40 AM by CJ »

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2011, 11:37:38 AM »
what the fucks up with the ITV footage its useless when replays are being shown it looks like they are filming the video screen at the ground is that to save money!

I forgot my contact lenses when i went to villa yesterday, dont ask how i managed that but i did and i could still clearer than that shite on tv last night

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2011, 12:35:25 PM »
Another annoying thing about the ITV coverage - if, like me, you're a bit sad in that I like to avoid knowing the scores of the other games before watching said 'highlights', why do they insist on not only constantly telling you other results as part of the live match commentary, but just to make sure they spoil your enjoyment they scroll them across the bottom of the screen!

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2011, 04:07:33 PM »
ITV couldn't be arsed to send cameras to the ground and just hooked into the feed for the big screen/ exec boxes. The reason the replays looked grainy was because they used the same footage and just zoomed in. That is the difference between being funded from the license fee with no share holders and being funded by advertising revenue and having to pay shareholders. So lets hope most of our fans stop moaning about the license fee.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2011, 09:59:11 PM »
ITV couldn't be arsed to send cameras to the ground and just hooked into the feed for the big screen/ exec boxes. The reason the replays looked grainy was because they used the same footage and just zoomed in. That is the difference between being funded from the license fee with no share holders and being funded by advertising revenue and having to pay shareholders. So lets hope most of our fans stop moaning about the license fee.

FLF used to be able to get that feed somehow i watched the the Blackburn carling cup game through it and a few others. It never has commentary or replays but is great for when there's no broadcast at VP. Shame the owner closed it down and ran off with everyone's subs. It was better than Villa$treams just for that alone. Shame, pretty much guaranteed to never miss a game at VP! If anyone know's how to still get it kindly let me in on it.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2011, 08:34:30 AM »
Thought decent game but bloody freezing

Thought Bannan and NRC were excellent
closely followed by Carlos and Clarke

Thought going forward Walker was great but struggled to defend space well

Definate sending off - was right in front of me and with both feet off he clattered him - just grateful that the guy was not seriously injured - at least with Dunne back Clarke can slip into that position with ease

Most pleasing thing for me was that we started that game with 5 acadamy players in the team and not one of them looked out of place

Bannan
Clark
Baker
Gabby
Fonz

If that was Arsenal  /Spurzzz or United they would be having a wank fest

The future does indeed look very bright

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal