collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 06:47:43 AM]

NSWE Investment by Weedy
[Today at 06:26:55 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by ChicagoLion
[Today at 06:01:37 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Bad English
[Today at 05:02:29 AM]

Peter McParland 90 today by ROBBO
[Today at 04:48:05 AM]

Villa songs on Alexa by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 02:17:54 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Rory
[Today at 01:40:16 AM]

Snooker by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:23:15 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 06:47:43 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Weedy
[Today at 06:26:55 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by ChicagoLion
[Today at 06:01:37 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Bad English
[Today at 05:12:02 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Bad English
[Today at 05:02:29 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Axl Rose
[Today at 04:59:04 AM]

Re: Peter McParland 90 today by ROBBO
[Today at 04:48:05 AM]

Re: Villa songs on Alexa by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 02:17:54 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fuming with the club  (Read 24548 times)

Offline Vancouver

Re: Fuming with the club
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2011, 05:12:57 PM »
How many flags are we talking here? Personally I like the hockey thing where you swirl around scarfs

Offline TonyDaleysHair

« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2011, 05:50:42 PM »
I hope this wouldn't be true, I would hate Villa Park to turn into a ground like the Valley where it may as well exist in Black and White for 90 minutes.

The club hasn't had issue with this before when they have used a free flag as an initiative to buy a ticket for games have they? Maybe they have certain criteria for the make and material of the particular flags though.

Offline Brigada1874

« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2011, 06:57:58 PM »
How many flags are we talking here? Personally I like the hockey thing where you swirl around scarfs

would've been 14 plus the large group banner

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2011, 07:02:20 PM »
Nicola Keye, pictured on her way to work this morning...

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2011, 09:23:07 PM »

She had overalls on when she came to sort our boiler out today. You sure that's her?

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2011, 09:45:45 PM »

Does that mean she has the rope thing that makes people tell the truth?

Offline Simba

« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2011, 08:11:42 AM »
If she has we are all buggared on this site.

Offline villa1

« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2011, 09:30:21 AM »
Had to give my ticket away at the last minute so didn't see whether the flags were allowed in or not.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2011, 12:13:28 PM »
I had a wedding to attend yesterday and didn't go, so would be interested to hear how it was or wasn't resolved.

As long as there is nothing offensive on the flags/banners and it doesn't obstruct someones view I don't see the problem. What is the difference between a few fans having flags and the club giving everyone a flag like for the Blackburn semi-final last year?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2011, 12:20:15 PM »
I had a wedding to attend yesterday and didn't go, so would be interested to hear how it was or wasn't resolved.

As long as there is nothing offensive on the flags/banners and it doesn't obstruct someones view I don't see the problem. What is the difference between a few fans having flags and the club giving everyone a flag like for the Blackburn semi-final last year?

It's the 'obstructing someone's view' that's the problem.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2011, 12:37:41 PM »

Surely the club are contradicting themselves by giving them to 40,000 people last year and now not letting 10 or so folk have a flag to wave?
I'm not particularly in favour of this 'manufactured atmosphere' that this group are trying to achieve but it does seem a bit silly

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2011, 12:43:20 PM »

Surely the club are contradicting themselves by giving them to 40,000 people last year and now not letting 10 or so folk have a flag to wave?
I'm not particularly in favour of this 'manufactured atmosphere' that this group are trying to achieve but it does seem a bit silly

There's a bit of a difference between the flags that were given out last year and one that's eight foot wide.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2011, 01:50:09 PM »
If the Brigada are going to drape them over railings or barriers then I would assume that would be fine, unless they are blocking advertising hoardings of course.

Offline Leighton

• Location: Walsall Wood. Home of the protesting Jesus on a telegraph pole.
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2011, 07:08:44 PM »
Anyone wearing flares in or around Villa park definitely doesn't deserve to be allowed in.

Says the man in THAT shirt!

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2011, 07:24:18 PM »

Some guys in the Lower North yesterday (extreme right hand corner - as opposed to extreme right wing :))

Were standing persistently and asked to sit on numerous occasions by stewards who became increasingly frustrated as I believe the owners have asked them to ease up on the strong arm tactics.

No problem with trying to create an atmosphere but these guys were not even watching the game or for that matter seemingly interested in doing anything but alienate the stewards and those of us having the temerity to want to watch a game of football.....silly me its all about creating "an atmosphere".

I believe one was evicted and his mates followed - unfortunately by this time a fella and his daughter in front of me had had enough and left, presumably to another seat.

Hopefully if Brigada and those of a similar opinion are able to find a solution with the club that pleases all. Why not offer the seats in the upper wings (always empty) at a reduced rate to the guys who want to sing and jump up and down. Designate it as a "singing area or such like" - not sure how we get over the standing issues with the local authority though.

I did have a conversation with one of the lads at half time - we both begged to disagree on certain points however it is evident that there can be some common ground to improve the atmosphere at B6 without upsetting others who pay good money to sit and watch a game of footy.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal