collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fuming with the club  (Read 24468 times)

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
Re: Fuming with the club
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2011, 08:43:24 PM »
Was that `your friend' with the erectile dysfunction issues?
brilliant

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2011, 08:53:44 PM »
Was that `your friend' with the erectile dysfunction issues?
brilliant

Edson Arantes de Nascimento ?

Offline Leighton

• Location: Walsall Wood. Home of the protesting Jesus on a telegraph pole.
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2011, 09:03:08 PM »
Sorry. Mis-read your post.

No problems Legion. I know this site and the mods have a bit more sense, well all apart from dress sense anyway...

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2011, 09:04:08 PM »
Leave Dave and Mac alone.

Offline Mac

• Heroes And Villains
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2011, 09:29:56 PM »
Fuck off.

Offline Mac

• Heroes And Villains
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2011, 09:30:06 PM »
lol. You're right about Dave though

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2011, 09:30:56 PM »
Sorry. Am I sacked?

Offline Mac

• Heroes And Villains
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2011, 09:37:55 PM »
Oh, and Brigada, can you not fume on your own website?  I'm sure the Green Brigade can give you some info on how to get nice banners into football grounds?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 09:40:33 PM by Mac »

Offline Brigada1874

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2011, 09:39:20 PM »
Seriously though, maybe the club have refused you permission because of who you are and more importantly some of the banners/badges that you have endorsed on your website.

I remember going on there a few weeks after you set up the group and seeing you had some anti-police logo’s, I cant remember exactly what they said but it was something along the lines of “We Hate Coppers” or “All Police are Wankers” etc.. As I say, can’t remember exactly but it was definitely along these lines and were endorsed by either you or the moderators.

Even if the material I have mentioned has now been removed on your website it was still there at some point and seemed to be part of the Brigada criteria. If those are the group’s views then how can you expect the club to officially endorse you?

I think It was ACAB and it was taken down, it definitely wasn't endorsed by anyone and is 110% not part of any criteria.

Offline Leighton

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2011, 09:42:11 PM »
For what it's worth Mac, i have complimented you many times on your claret & blue trainers.

Offline Leighton

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2011, 09:47:27 PM »
Seriously though, maybe the club have refused you permission because of who you are and more importantly some of the banners/badges that you have endorsed on your website.

I remember going on there a few weeks after you set up the group and seeing you had some anti-police logo’s, I cant remember exactly what they said but it was something along the lines of “We Hate Coppers” or “All Police are Wankers” etc.. As I say, can’t remember exactly but it was definitely along these lines and were endorsed by either you or the moderators.

Even if the material I have mentioned has now been removed on your website it was still there at some point and seemed to be part of the Brigada criteria. If those are the group’s views then how can you expect the club to officially endorse you?

I think It was ACAB and it was taken down, it definitely wasn't endorsed by anyone and is 110% not part of any criteria.

Well I’m glad it was taken down, and I apologies in thinking that it was endorsed by you or the site. It certainly appeared that way. However, maybe the club were made aware of this too and if so then first impressions and all that…

Let’s hope that you can get involved in some good dialogue with the club and get things resolved. I like what you’re trying to encourage down there. Good luck.

Offline Brigada1874

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2011, 09:51:21 PM »

Well I’m glad it was taken down, and I apologies in thinking that it was endorsed by you or the site. It certainly appeared that way. However, maybe the club were made aware of this too and if so then first impressions and all that…

Let’s hope that you can get involved in some good dialogue with the club and get things resolved. I like what you’re trying to encourage down there. Good luck.

Look we have a Dolly Parton song thread I can assure you we definitely don't endorse any of Dolly's discography  ;D

We thought the best route was to open a dialogue with the club but there was no discussion just point blank refusal.

Offline Leighton

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2011, 09:54:30 PM »
Just take them down to the next match. Dont ask for permission just do it. All will be good.

Offline Brigada1874

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2011, 10:05:28 PM »
Just take them down to the next match. Dont ask for permission just do it. All will be good.

That was plan A, we went with plan B the "sensible" approach which has backfired, one of the lads has asked the general is he can help, hopefully he can at least get us some sort of negotiation.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2011, 10:27:08 PM »
Have you tried ringing Nicola Keye?

she's ticket office isn't she?

Not sure, but The General always used to say to ring her if there was a problem.

It is worth ringing her, she sorted out my boiler problem after some loon told me to take a blowtorch and a chainsaw to it on a DIY forum I visited.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal