collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fuming with the club  (Read 24549 times)

Offline Brigada1874

Re: Fuming with the club
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 07:01:06 PM »
what has a flag go to do with paul owens(whoever he is)? If it is not offensive just bring it pal!

there will be about 14 of them and the group banner

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 07:01:46 PM »
Why would they have a problem bringing in your banners and flags into the stadium? Seems a bit silly. I like what you're doing with the flags and songs etc...

I'm sure the General will answer your question and help. Hopefully you're allowed your banners and flags back in the ground.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 07:03:18 PM »
Nicola Keye is Head of Consumer Sales. Try and speak to John Handley, Head of Security.

Offline Mattwall

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 07:04:36 PM »
John hanley is head of security and Paul Owens is his no 2. I don't see wot the problem is

Offline Brigada1874

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 07:06:06 PM »
Nicola Keye is Head of Consumer Sales. Try and speak to John Handley, Head of Security.
We left a message on John Handleys voicemail, Paul Owens was the one we were able to discuss the matter with today.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 07:16:56 PM »
I bet Leighton never asks permission!

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2011, 07:19:35 PM »
Like everyone else is saying, contact the General. At least then he might be able find the specific reason why you cant bring them in.

If all else fails take them anyway, as the worst they'll do is take them off you and you can get them back later.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2011, 07:21:55 PM »
Has anybody suggested contacting Nicola Keye?

Offline rutski

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2011, 07:47:46 PM »
i dont think you are talking with the right people! I would  just bring them down and see what the frig they do about it! You could ask the general, but that option isnt available when it all went a bit tits up results wise!

Offline Leighton

• Location: Walsall Wood. Home of the protesting Jesus on a telegraph pole.
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2011, 08:09:51 PM »
I bet Leighton never asks permission!

Certainly not. We even had the help of the stewards to fix them to the metal railings.

Offline Leighton

• Location: Walsall Wood. Home of the protesting Jesus on a telegraph pole.
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2011, 08:20:19 PM »
Seriously though, maybe the club have refused you permission because of who you are and more importantly some of the banners/badges that you have endorsed on your website.

I remember going on there a few weeks after you set up the group and seeing you had some anti-police logo’s, I cant remember exactly what they said but it was something along the lines of “We Hate Coppers” or “All Police are Wankers” etc.. As I say, can’t remember exactly but it was definitely along these lines and were endorsed by either you or the moderators.

Even if the material I have mentioned has now been removed on your website it was still there at some point and seemed to be part of the Brigada criteria. If those are the group’s views then how can you expect the club to officially endorse you?

Offline Legion

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2011, 08:25:46 PM »

I remember going on there a few weeks after you set up the group and seeing you had some anti-police logo’s, I cant remember exactly what they said but it was something along the lines of “We Hate Coppers” or “All Police are Wankers” etc.. As I say, can’t remember exactly but it was definitely along these lines and were endorsed by either you or the moderators.

Leighton, there's no way we would endorse that.

Offline Legion

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2011, 08:26:16 PM »
Sorry. Mis-read your post.

Offline villa1

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2011, 08:26:38 PM »
I think i mentioned that on the last Brigada thread, Leigton. Shot themselves in the foot there really. The club, police and stewards are the people they need to keep onside. Why start alienating them straight away ?

Other than that, I can't really see what the problem is wih the flags and banners, etc.

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2011, 08:34:15 PM »
Seriously though, maybe the club have refused you permission because of who you are and more importantly some of the banners/badges that you have endorsed on your website.

Even if the material I have mentioned has now been removed on your website it was still there at some point and seemed to be part of the Brigada criteria. If those are the group’s views then how can you expect the club to officially endorse you?

Along those lines, I seem to remember when you first came on here and stated the criteria/aims of your group there was something about "always standing" at games.

I suspect that would not endear you to the club either.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal