collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ugo Ehiogu  (Read 6838 times)

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
Ugo Ehiogu
« on: January 27, 2011, 03:55:48 PM »
He has just been on talksport talking about his life after football etc.

He was a great player for us but I was abit shocked at his lack of knowledge regarding Aston Villa. He couldn't even remember the Vienna game this season when he was a pundit.

He spun the same ill-informed line the media have taken that Bent was abit of a panic buy. That we didn't strengthen from a position of strength with Oneil, but have, now we are in the bottom 3.

I felt abit let down that a player who I loved down Villa park would be so clueless on our great club and owner.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Ugo Ehiogu
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 03:58:26 PM »
I didn't hear it but I can't remember the score from the Vienna game either despite being there and I don't think we would have bought Bent in Jan if we were sitting in the middle of the table.

Offline remy

• Claret & Blue Flag ALWAYS flapping
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 04:28:16 PM »
Remember asking for his autograph from the old trinity stand back in the day under Big Ron.

Remember the Blades cup game and this little imp of a midfielder for them running and jumping over tackles towards our box and he just bounced off him - ha!

Remember Rent a quote Gregory falling out with him because he wouldnt play in an FA cup game or something and thought he was faking it.

Remember us giving him hassle all game when he came back with Boro, promptly scores and runs towards the Holte with his hand cupped to his ear. Did we go mental? Did we "lose" it ala Cockney muppets when adeybayor did it playing for Man City - Hell No!  We simply sang "You'll never play for England" hahaha.

Offline holte hero

• GM : Dec, 2013
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 04:46:17 PM »
I Have no respect for Ugo, he went to middlesborough to win trophys?? The Twat

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 05:11:17 PM »
I think that we all want to forget the Vienna games

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 05:15:10 PM »
I thought he come across ok,talked positvely about the younger players.

Offline Vancouver

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 05:18:27 PM »
What would do if you were given a shit load of abuse then score? In a moment like that I probably would try to vault into the Holte

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 05:49:06 PM »
I met Ehiogu once, by chance. It was only a momentary meeting, and I came away thinking he was an arrogant prick.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 05:49:27 PM »
Ugo was stewarding for Wigan the other night, shown on TV near the dugout.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 05:55:43 PM »
I liked Ugo I would see him in town every now and then, I think he enjoyed our club and although he left in bad circumstances he could have been badly advised and went for more money, plus I don't think he is the sharpest knife in the draw.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 06:18:39 PM »
We simply sang "You'll never play for England" hahaha.

He got an England caps years earlier as I won a £10 bet with my Dad (made in the car after *that* Norwich game) because of it.

Offline El Hurricane

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 09:24:50 PM »
Too many lazy journalists saying Bent was a panic buy.How about fair play to Villa for getting their man so quickly! Look at the negative talk about Liverpool not being professional in going for Suarez and Adam,they all talk and no walk!

Offline Mac

• Heroes And Villains
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 09:28:47 PM »
I used to see him running round the back of the ICC.... in his Boro training kit.

Offline peter w

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 04:54:47 PM »
I met Ehiogu once, by chance. It was only a momentary meeting, and I came away thinking he was an arrogant prick.

Funny that. I had a chance meeting with him in a Birmingham nightclub - forget which one - and he was at the bar with friends drinking champagne. I started talking to him (he was still at Villa then) and he immediately got me a glass and poured me some champagne and was happy to carry on chatting. i don't like the stuff but didn't want to appear rude so drank and carried on chatting. He seemed a top bloke.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 06:08:36 PM »
I remember an away game at the Dell where I shouted and screamed at him, saying he would never make it as a central defender (that is the polite version). Think we lost 4-1 or something like that and he had a shocker. Pretty early on in his Villa career in fairness...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal