collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:41:18 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by paul_e
[Today at 11:40:14 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 11:35:16 AM]

NSWE Investment by dave.woodhall
[Today at 11:33:19 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by OCD
[Today at 11:13:37 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:12:08 AM]

Olympiacos flights by Des Little
[Today at 11:08:37 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:50:46 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Strength of our youngsters  (Read 6517 times)

Offline murgsy

Re: Strength of our youngsters
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 12:55:30 PM »
credit should go to someone - they are a good crop of players

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 01:32:19 PM »
And even if they don't make it for us, selling a few of them on for £3-£4m each will enable us to buy the Darren Bents of the world.

Offline El Hurricane

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 02:17:12 PM »
Its very hard to throw youngsters in,the premier league is so competitive.However fairplay to Houllier,Clark and Baker have both now played at left back and are hungry to play.While Heskey was banned I would have loved Delfouneso to play longer but as we have been desperate for points Houllier can't gamble too much.However when are we not desperate for points?

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 02:23:17 PM »
i understand that houllier is liking what he is seeing from delfouneso since he put his head down and started working harder in training... i think he wants to build up his hunger, and and at the same time, keep his feet on the ground....

the fact that he mentioned delfouneso first when darren bent signed, backs that up for me...

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 03:48:35 PM »
I went to that Villa forum on monday and the guys on the panel were very impressed with Weimann said he could be better than Agbonlahor & The Fonz

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 08:33:58 PM »
It is the best way to do it. Lower wages demand plus no stupid high transfer fees. We could become English's Barcelona without expensive superstars and superstars wages.

I think after clean out and a rebulit, we don't need to make many signing afterwards maybe 2 in each season. Then Randy can save money on transfer fees for special players.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 11:14:38 PM »
There's def some talent there. Beaky, Clark and delph will make it. Fonz should, bannan could, and with Gardner and weimann I'm going to say yes on reputation. Don't think lichaj, Hogg or herd will make it at villa

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2011, 01:49:49 AM »
From what i have seen think Gary Gardner is the most nailed on to be, the most succesful. Followed by Clarke and Bannan .......

Offline captain beardseye

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2011, 03:00:29 PM »
Agreed that Gardner will be the best hope of making the biggest impact but think if he does then Bannan is likeley to suffer most by being kept out the team .

If only we still had Cahill he's starting to look the player we knew he would be.

Offline peter w

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2011, 03:10:09 PM »
I know I'm cynical and like to set the bar quite high but...

Clarke - Maybe but I think he is positionally quite weak at the moment. Doubt he will 'make' it as a higher Prem team.

Lichaj- Don't rate him that highly.

Baker- Impossible to say after his brief appearance at Wigan.

Lowry- Again, impossible to judge.

Gardner- Being great in the reserves means nothing with regards to how good he may be in the first team. Wait and see.

Delph- I've only seen him play 2 or 3 times and haven't seen anything that makes me think he is a great prospect or has a great future. he may well have but I haven't seen it.

Bannan- Could go either way yet. may be a Paul Scholes, may be a Steven Davis.

Albrighton- Looked great this season. Will need to add a trick though come next season because everyone will know what he's about.

Delf- Has looked sharper this season, but one shot at St Andrews apart he still doesn't look like he will score.

Weimann- Maybe. But not expecting much.

Herd- Not that impressed. He will work his way down the leagues.

Hogg- have to agree that the more he played the better he got. Needs to add a little spark to his game to play in the team regularly. Good loan move for him.

Out of that lot I'd only expect 1 to make it. Albrighton can stioll be a Froggatt but he could easily be a lot better than that too. I liked the look of Hogg by the time the first-teamers came in and he could potentially be the best of all of those that have played in the first team this season.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2011, 09:12:48 PM »
i hope next season we see a lot of these players start L Cup games, or maybe if we are safe and destined mid table to give a few game time then

Online eric woolban woolban

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2011, 09:20:33 PM »
Delfouneso needs to go on loan to a Championship club. Give him a bit of experience of good quality football. He's 20 next week, so can't be written off yet.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2011, 09:29:17 PM »
I think Baker had a pretty good game midweek, didn't look out of his depth at all. Then again Lichaj looked o.k. till the Man City game.
Havn't been overly impressed by Hogg or Herd.
Super Mark looks like the best prospect for me if he can cut out the silly challenges and retain the ball better when we are under pressure.
Wee Barry has looked good at times but has also looked pretty lost at times.
I'm glad Clarke has declared for the Republic as we have very few quality players to choose from. He is going to make it, hopefully it will be with us and for a long time to come.
Still don't knoe what to make of The Fonz. Flashes of brilliance but they are few and far between.
We need to se Delf get a run of 9 r 10 games so we can see what he is made of.

Lowry, Gardner and Weimann , not seen enough of them yet.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal