collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Milner or Bent  (Read 7703 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Milner or Bent
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 06:21:39 PM »
Bent for me .   Milner couldnt wait to get out of here ...

Offline TEMPORALIS

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 06:27:32 PM »
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 06:31:38 PM by TEMPORALIS »

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 06:47:17 PM »
Quality centre-mids come and go, but natural goalscorers are pretty god damn rare.

Though saying that we've accomplished to get a goalscorer and still have yet to replace Milner properly.

Step up Jean Makoun.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 06:53:48 PM »
Makoun is like Milner
No he isn't.

They're completely different types of player.

Well both can play as a box too box midfielder who can chip in with odd goal.

We are yet too see where Makoun will play.

Look at Yaya Toure bought as a defensive midfielder but being played as an attacking midfielder.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 07:37:45 PM »
Makoun is like Milner
No he isn't.

They're completely different types of player.

Well both can play as a box too box midfielder who can chip in with odd goal.

We are yet too see where Makoun will play.

Look at Yaya Toure bought as a defensive midfielder but being played as an attacking midfielder.

I think that just highlights the difference in philosophy between Barcelona and Man City under Mancini, really.

As for the thread, impossible to say really, as they're such different types of player.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 07:48:54 PM »
We have been crying out for goal poacher like Bent for a long time but Milner did give us that drive in the middle but i will go for Bent definitely.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 08:04:16 PM »
very good question, I would say Bent because a natural goalscorer is as rare as rockin horse poo and now that we have one, nil nil will be a thing of the past.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2011, 12:26:51 AM »
Bent. And I think Ashley Young was our best player when Milner was here.

Offline bentshouldbe9

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, 07:07:49 AM »
tough one to decide between,  bent for goalscoring and milner for on the field effort, but effort is fuck all when you need a goal,  id rather bent done fuck all for 80 minutes and scored the winner than running round like a blue arsed fly and us not getting a goal

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2011, 09:37:18 AM »
When you consider the amount of home draws we had last year (West Ham, Wovles, Sunderland spring to mind) where we were defensively solid, all it took was a natural goalscorer to take one of the chances, that were being created.

Remember Gabby's one on one in the last minute v West Ham??? 99 times out of 100 Bent would put that away. I felt that was the difference last year.

If we were without Milner last year I suppsoe Reo COker would have played a lot more and he did seem in decent form at the start of the season before he got injured.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2011, 09:46:24 AM »
When you consider the amount of home draws we had last year (West Ham, Wovles, Sunderland spring to mind) where we were defensively solid, all it took was a natural goalscorer to take one of the chances, that were being created.

Remember Gabby's one on one in the last minute v West Ham??? 99 times out of 100 Bent would put that away. I felt that was the difference last year.

If we were without Milner last year I suppsoe Reo COker would have played a lot more and he did seem in decent form at the start of the season before he got injured.

Although everything you say above is right, NRC isn't half the player Milner is, so we would have lost a lot.  We only need to look at the first half of this season to see how much we missed him (OK - other factors effected our form also)

Bent would have finished off the 09/10 side and we would have gotten 4th, IMO, but then that side would have been a lot poorer without Jimmy.  If Makoun and Delph can make up for him, then I think Bent will make a big difference to us and 4th is realistic.  If not I can see us getting bakc to where we were, but not significantly bettering it.

And that presuming Ash stays.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2011, 11:27:16 PM »
You can see what having a proper proven goalscorer gives to your team. With a goalscorer you can hide a multitude of sins when they're on form, and the rest of the team seems to raise their game. But no matter how well Milner played, when we couldn't score, we couldn't make the most of the chances he helped create. But even if you're playing miserably, a guy who knows where the goal is is worth his weight in gold. So Bent.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, 11:43:31 PM »
Bent.

We've needed a goal scorer for a long time. Eventually Milner's shoes will be filled. I'm sure Delph will be the one to do that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal