collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa - Olympic stadium announcement postponed  (Read 11817 times)

Offline flybo

• GM : Jan, 2013
Re: 0% Villa - Olympic stadium announcement postponed
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 04:30:57 PM »
give it to spuds but only if they pay the £537m it has cost

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 04:37:05 PM »
Spurs should be prevented from having it, if purely to put an end to the ridiculous wastefulness of building a stadium for hundreds of millions of pounds, using it for one month, then knocking it down again.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 04:55:56 PM »
It makes more sense that West ham should get it but all they're interested in is somebody building them a stadium for nothing.

Well they have had years of practice. 

I hope Spurs get it, that means Spurs fans are pissed off, the Brady bunch are really pissed off and Seb (Lord) Coe is livid.

I *hate* Sebastian Coe!

Offline Guy M

• Location: Maidenhead - less than an hour from Zeitgeist on a good day!
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 05:22:11 PM »
The original estimate for the stadium was £282m, which has now risen to at least £525m (possibly £547m), on top of that Newham council will lend West Ham another £100m to convert the stadium. I got all these amounts from the Guardian but they were widely reported.

How has that stadium cost so much?? West Ham will make a big show about paying the last bit back but if them or Spurs get it they should pay the whole lot back.

From my window now I can see the stadium (well the very top of it), and over to the left the dome - another great example of frittering away millions of taxpayers' money which took years to sort out.
Yes, something that apparently the autorities couldn't do anything with to make it commercially viable because of its location. Well, AEG don't seem to have done too badly with it, have they? And did they actually pay anything for it in the end or were they just kind enough to take it off the tax-payers' hands so we no longer had to cover the exorbitant security costs?

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 06:17:11 PM »
Spurs proposal is just bollocks, I'm no fan of the owners of West Ham but their proposal is far more appropriate.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 06:33:40 PM »
The thought of Brady/Gold/Sullivan finally getting their dirty little hands on a brand spanking new stadium totally free really makes my blood boil. Some of the crap Brady has been coming out with over the last few days turns my stomach - liking Spurs' plans to demolish the stadium to the closing down of 100 hundred primary schools is just sick. The same goes for her uncalled for comments about Pele as well, and the less said about the first game between Spurs and West Ham (if Spurs won the bid) being 'demolition derby', the better.
The most surprising thing about her is that there are still media outlets out there that feel the need to feed her undying urge for media whoredom. She really is a vulgar piece of work.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 06:43:48 PM »
I didn't realise the Stratford site was only five or six miles from WHL, I thought it was a lot further away. I'm not sure that letting them demolish a brand new stadium send out the right message in a recession though.

Offline Surrey Villain

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 07:06:47 PM »
I hate to mention it but the City of Manchester Stadium was built for the Commonwealth Games in 1992 and it was decided before the Games that Manchester City would use it afterwards so it was converted to a football-only stadium.

Offline seanthevillan

• pick our team
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2011, 09:02:51 PM »
I didn't realise the Stratford site was only five or six miles from WHL, I thought it was a lot further away. I'm not sure that letting them demolish a brand new stadium send out the right message in a recession though.

Its not even that far away - about an hour's walk so 3 miles maybe?

Offline IFWaters

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2011, 11:51:00 PM »
so would anyone here be ok if Villa Park were rebuilt in Bordesley?

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 11:55:51 PM »
West Ham in the championship with 15,000 a mile away from the pitch, some atmosphere, The Triunvirate of evil bought West Ham with the sole intention of selling Upton Park

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2011, 10:06:10 AM »
I would rather West Ham get it i just don't think it's right if spurs get it but it would piss there supporters off if they move there.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, 10:39:56 AM »
Brisbane Road is literally across the road from the Olympic stadium. Whay don't they give it to Orient?

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 12:58:57 PM »
Brisbane Road is literally across the road from the Olympic stadium. Whay don't they give it to Orient?

Sounds good to me!

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 12:48:06 PM »
We have an interview with Karren Brady today. Apparently the powers-that-be would prefer to give the stadium to Wrist Ham but aren't at all convinced by the financial planning behind the bid, or the club's long-term stability. It is a big stumbling block.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal