collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0%-100% Villa?- Adam submits transfer request  (Read 11206 times)

Offline Guy M

• Location: Maidenhead - less than an hour from Zeitgeist on a good day!
Re: 0%-100% Villa?- Adams submits transfer request
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2011, 02:53:13 PM »
Strange that Sky are saying Liverpool have made a £4m bid and Villa only £3.5m when the statement that was on the BBC website earlier implied that Liverpool's £4m offer only matched our previous highest offer.

Story's been updated now and so can't quote directly annoyingly.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2011, 02:53:47 PM »
On my mobile. Can someone change it to Adam in the title please. We are after a midfield player, not a camel

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2011, 02:59:38 PM »
Barry Bannan for me.  I haven't seen too much of Charlie Adam to be honest, but I watched Scotland with Barry and Adam playing in the centre a couple of months back.  Barry Bannan was the main man that night.
What the same Barry Bannan little old Villa loaned the mighty Blackpool Towers last season to help get them in the Prem, and earn all the sky millions?

Please GH/Randy don't give Holloway or his twat of a chairman anything - pull out of any move for Adam now. We have Bannan, Delph (when fit), Hogg, Herd and Gardner biting at the bit to stake their claim.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Re: 0%-100% Villa?- Adam submits transfer request
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2011, 03:32:58 PM »
Barry Bannan for me.  I haven't seen too much of Charlie Adam to be honest, but I watched Scotland with Barry and Adam playing in the centre a couple of months back.  Barry Bannan was the main man that night.
What the same Barry Bannan little old Villa loaned the mighty Blackpool Towers last season to help get them in the Prem, and earn all the sky millions?

Please GH/Randy don't give Holloway or his twat of a chairman anything - pull out of any move for Adam now. We have Bannan, Delph (when fit), Hogg, Herd and Gardner biting at the bit to stake their claim.

agree totally

Make that freak look like the right twat he is - this is the premier league baldy stop trying to play against the big boys - you will end up with a bloody nose

Offline stevo_st

• GM : 27.07.21
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2011, 03:35:09 PM »
Disappointed with the way that GH handled the press conference.  We/ he needs to be fully focussed on tomorrows game

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2011, 03:40:07 PM »
I'm happy for him to give a bit back. It wont alter his preparations for tomorrows game putting a couple of cheeky Vaginas in their place.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2011, 03:40:32 PM »
SSN now saying Blackpool have rejected transfer request.
Absolute hypocrites.
They're just trying to push the price up further first. If he's on £10k per week and only has 18 months to go in his contract, it would only cost them around £750k to pay up his contract if they tried to force him to move. He's now saving them that anyway, but they're just trying to get the best deal for their club with 1 week to go before the window shuts which I can understand.

Unlike Sunderland who were so disgusted and disappointed by our attempt to sign Bent that they accepted the first and only bid we made...

Think there was a bit more to that one than meets the eye.

I'm pretty certain £18-24 million transfers don't go through seamlessly, in just under 48 hours start to finish. Initial reports had it that Ireland was going the other way, so I'm sure Saint Niall was trying to get the best deal he could for the Mackems.

Maybe the Elephant Man was kept in the dark for the whole thing, that might be the only true part to the whole story.   To be honest, that's probably the best place for him anyway.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2011, 03:43:16 PM »
It was mentioned earlier but here's the link

Licking Ferguson's arse in public gets you nowhere, Holloway

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2011, 04:01:59 PM »
SSN now saying Blackpool have rejected transfer request.
Absolute hypocrites.
They're just trying to push the price up further first. If he's on £10k per week and only has 18 months to go in his contract, it would only cost them around £750k to pay up his contract if they tried to force him to move. He's now saving them that anyway, but they're just trying to get the best deal for their club with 1 week to go before the window shuts which I can understand.

Unlike Sunderland who were so disgusted and disappointed by our attempt to sign Bent that they accepted the first and only bid we made...

Think there was a bit more to that one than meets the eye.

I'm pretty certain £18-24 million transfers don't go through seamlessly, in just under 48 hours start to finish. Initial reports had it that Ireland was going the other way, so I'm sure Saint Niall was trying to get the best deal he could for the Mackems.

Maybe the Elephant Man was kept in the dark for the whole thing, that might be the only true part to the whole story.   To be honest, that's probably the best place for him anyway.

That is exactly my take on it, KG.

The suggestion that between 8pm Sunday night and Tuesday evening, Villa and Sunderland negotiated and carried out a transfer deal involving that amount of money, with all the complicating factors (times of payments, payments to agents, payments to other clubs - ie Spurs) is ridiculous.

We were clearly negotiating with them to sell Bent well before the weekend. It's a bit daft of them to moan that we were the ones to tell the player, which suggests they were flogging him without actually telling him.

Either they're covering their arses between the pair of them, or Quinn didn't tell Bruce.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2011, 04:02:57 PM »
Maybe the Elephant Man was kept in the dark
Very wise.
If Bruce fell in the river, it would flow ugly for a week.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2011, 04:06:38 PM »
And if Holloway fell into a bucket of tits... he would blend in perfectly.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2011, 04:13:41 PM »
And if Holloway fell into a bucket of tits... he would blend in perfectly.
I'm starting to think that his mouth must bleed once a month.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2011, 04:18:57 PM »
If I were his Betterware catalogue man, it would.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2011, 04:19:21 PM »
I'm starting to think that his mouth must bleed once a month.
[/quote]
He's got that little bit of hair round his mouth - that's why he talks like a c**t

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal