collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0%-100% Villa?- Adam submits transfer request  (Read 11205 times)

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
0%-100% Villa?- Adam submits transfer request
« on: January 24, 2011, 01:20:26 PM »
According to BBC website.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 03:04:03 PM by pauliebentnuts »

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Re: 0%-100% Villa?- Adams submits transfer request
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 01:24:08 PM »
Liverpool it is then

Unless the media have got it wrong

IF it is us then i am a little worried about him being a 1 season wonder - i remember thinking what a star we had bought when we picked up Curcic and we all know how that turned out

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 01:25:06 PM »
He'll be a Liverpool player by the weekend.

Offline Guy M

• Location: Maidenhead - less than an hour from Zeitgeist on a good day!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 01:30:37 PM »
Personally, I don't want him and don't think we need him. With the players we've got coming back from injury and the team as a whole looking a lot happier now (general sense from the response of the players in the last two games), I'd be pretty happy for us to use the midfielders we have at our disposal until the end of the season and give Bannan, Albrighton et al the opportunity to develop.

If we could convince Warnock to start playing football too, that's be super.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 01:32:01 PM »
Liverpool it is then

IF it is us then i am a little worried about him being a 1 season wonder - i remember thinking what a star we had bought when we picked up Curcic and we all know how that turned out

Curcic was insane. He had a nose job and gave up football for sex. Adam is probably quite sane, although he looks like a 40-year-old cellarman in a Victorian gin palace.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 01:33:39 PM »
Personally, I don't want him and don't think we need him. With the players we've got coming back from injury and the team as a whole looking a lot happier now (general sense from the response of the players in the last two games), I'd be pretty happy for us to use the midfielders we have at our disposal until the end of the season and give Bannan, Albrighton et al the opportunity to develop.

If we could convince Warnock to start playing football too, that's be super.

Totally agree with this (Not the Warnock part as he is a liability)

Unless it is a case of we do not know what deals are already in for some of our players now or at the end of the season i cannot see the point of Adam other than maybe GED wanting to install his own players in key areas.

All i know about Adam is a few great cross field passes (Downing / Delph can both do this with ease) and a few goals from CM - again we have a few players that can do this already

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 01:35:56 PM »
Liverpool it is then

Not to worry I've got Adam pegged as another Bloody L. Draper don't need him stifling the progress of Barry Bannan or Ciaran Clark or the like.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 01:36:14 PM »
Liverpool it is then

Curcic was insane. He had a nose job and gave up football for sex. Adam is probably quite sane, although he looks like a 40-year-old cellarman in a Victorian gin palace.

Ha ha, very good indeed.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 01:39:52 PM »
We don't need him.  He's having a good time of it at the moment that's true but as I've said before when I look at him I see Sidwell staring back at me.

Offline Guy M

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 01:43:12 PM »
Totally agree with this (Not the Warnock part as he is a liability)
Going slightly O/T but I'm not a fan of his either and felt he was overlooked for criticism last season when people preferred to use Cuellar's alright performances at RB to distract from his increasingly poor performances (and to bemoan MON) , but Clark isn't a left-back (as Bentley and Citeh's various wide players demonstrated on Saturday) and would like to see him protected. So if Houllier could work his magic on him as he seems to have with Dunne, I'd be happy. And if he can't, that's the one position I think we need to buy in January. We can do a trade for Friedel and Given in the summer.

Going even further O/T, assume this was asked in the post-match thread, but did MON ever play 4 centre-backs at once?  8)

Offline TonyD

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 01:47:49 PM »
Yeah he's shit an' all that.

Offline cdward

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 01:56:05 PM »
I can't wait to see the Holloway rant on this one.
 "oi trusted this laad.....ee az just froen it back in moi face.....it's a disgrace it is these days....these fuballers are spoilt over paid.....alroight moi lover... blah blah blah.."

Offline Bosco81

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 01:58:01 PM »
Is it a code of honour amongst Villa left backs this season to get booked as early as possible to make any subsequent challenge a bit more interesting.

Eamon Deacy will be proud.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 01:58:44 PM »
I can't wait to see the Holloway rant on this one.
 "oi trusted this laad.....ee az just froen it back in moi face.....it's a disgrace it is these days....these fuballers are spoilt over paid.....alroight moi lover... blah blah blah.."

I was rather hoping he'd take a vow of silence over this, and everything else really.  His droning is really getting on my nerves.

Offline Guy M

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 02:02:39 PM »
Yeah he's shit an' all that.
Don't think that was aimed at anyone in particular, but still, that's not what I'm I'm saying. I don't watch enough PL football to really have an opinion on him, but I just think that we've got enough quality in our squad to suggest we don't need to be spending another £4m+ in an area we're currently quite strong and on a player who's only sprung to notice this season.

If MON were in charge and after him, people would be moaning that he only ever shops in the UK. I like the fact Gerard has bought a player from abroad but also spent money on definite PL experience in Bent. Adam may indeed continue to improve, but so might Bannan, Albrighton, Hogg etc and I think we've got enough experience in the squad to continue to allow those players to develop alongside them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal