collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 30M% Villa: Milner and Barry.  (Read 17411 times)

Offline steffo

Re: 30M% Villa: Milner and Barry.
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 09:38:14 PM »
They have sold their soul to the $ and the false promise of glory.

There is no return for them here, very few see that there is nothing finer than Aston Villa.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 09:42:26 PM »
They'll want 15 million for Milner at least, and he's on incredible wages. The more he stays on the bench, with those figures hanging around his neck, the more toxic he becomes to potential buyers. He would be brilliant in our midfield, but I cannot envision under any circumstances us agreeing to those terms. We got a hell of deal out of Milner, and nice thought though it might be, he isn't coming back.

Wherever he moves (if indeed he does move) he'll have to take a hit on the mental money Citeh have needed to pay players in recent years without the incentive of CL football.

I can't see him doing a Wayne Bridge and being happy to play reserve football indefinitely whilst pocketing a big salary.

The Citeh move alone has probably made him financially - and I don't think he would have been in too bad a position before moving there, let's be honest.

Mentioned on another thread that I'd love to have him back and I think we'd stand a decent chance. He knows the club and has probably spent the best years of his career here in two differing spells. It get's overplayed in modern football, but I think he has a rapport with the fans here that might possibly be only bettered by his hometown club.  Various games last year whenever he was subbed near the end of an outstanding performance and pretty much the whole ground would applaud him. You'd assume that would be the same elsewhere, but it isn't necessarily the case.

If he goes to a club like Liverpool or possibly even Chelsea or Spurs and they stick him out wide, they won't see the best of him either and he'll be coming in for the same stick that Citeh fans are sending his way.

It depends on us too, what we do in the summer and beyond and the ambition we show. I don't think he'd volunteer to return if he faced the prospect of a season similar to this one, with a club at the arse end of the table.

But if he's one of a number of good players we target to get back to competing between 6-4th, why not?

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 09:43:37 PM »
I'm glad his header went wide though. Would have been a bummer. Looked close from the internet screen.             

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 09:43:49 PM »
Milner: Man Utd by June

£itteh wont trade with ManUre

Offline Holtemeister

• Location: Living in Birmingham (just) but definately still a Yam Yam
  • GM : 22.07.2016
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 09:44:13 PM »
If Randy knew that Milner would come back for say £15m I think he would pay the money.   He is a safe investment .... he would tie him up to a real long contract though.....

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 09:48:22 PM »
If we could tie down Ash & Milner to deals similar to Bent til 2015, we're sorted

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2011, 09:48:32 PM »
I can't see him doing a Wayne Bridge and being happy to play reserve football indefinitely whilst pocketing a big salary.
Ahem, elite squad football.

Online The Man With A Stick

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 09:52:01 PM »
Would love to see Milner back here and he'd probably take a wage cut if it meant him playing regular football again, but I've a funny feeling he'll end up at Chelsea.  They've got some major rebuilding to do, can pay whatever he wants and should be able to offer CL football next year.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 09:57:10 PM »
Would love to see Milner back here and he'd probably take a wage cut if it meant him playing regular football again, but I've a funny feeling he'll end up at Chelsea.  They've got some major rebuilding to do, can pay whatever he wants and should be able to offer CL football next year.

Yup, I think both Chelsea and Man Utd will be looking at centre midfield overhauls in the summer.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 10:01:13 PM »
I really don't see  him as being good enough for Chelsea or United - mind you the latter regularly play Carrick and Gibson don't they. I think Milner found his level with us - he's Everton/Villa standard.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2011, 10:03:13 PM »

The £26million (hell even the £18million once you subtract the fee played for Blanche Du Bois) was somewhat over the odds. He isn't worth that especially if as Mancini is doing you play him as a winger.

That description of Ireland made me laugh. 

He's also pretty enough for Stanley Kowalski to want to rape.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2011, 10:11:00 PM »
I noticed when Barry got subbed it panned to their end and one fan was clearly shouting fuck off at him. Don't want milner back. He had the choice and he opted to go so that's it for me bridges burnt. Onwards and upwards for us now.

Offline Nigel Macdougall

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2011, 10:15:17 PM »
I noticed when Barry got subbed it panned to their end and one fan was clearly shouting fuck off at him. Don't want milner back. He had the choice and he opted to go so that's it for me bridges burnt. Onwards and upwards for us now.

Exactly!

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2011, 10:35:27 PM »
I'm not one to boo Barry but it certainly seems to do the trick of putting him off his game, he's been poor on both the occasions he's been back.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2011, 10:38:06 PM »
Milner not playing every week is such a waste. He has gone from  being the king in our team to a pauper in theirs. All the wealth in your life can not be measured by the size of your bank balance!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal