collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Oliver Holt on Sunday Supplement 23/1/2011  (Read 33383 times)

Offline MonsXI

Re: Oliver Holt on Sunday Supplement 23/1/2011
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 04:31:56 PM »
Is he really Emily Bishop's son?

Norris probably knows more about football than Holt.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 04:32:58 PM »

Yep, I'm sure one of our regular posters showed how there was no nepotism at all in him getting his first jobs and being related to her.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 04:35:04 PM »
Its actually quite sad how ill informed he is.
Except he's not ill-informed. He's spinning for the MON PR machine.

Do you really believe that, Mac? He might be a friend of his but this idea that it's some sort of orchestrated campaign with Martin O'Neill running it all from his secret bunker sounds a bit daft to me.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 04:39:48 PM »
Kissing the badge, then leaving is a problem to Holt apparently.

When 'challenged' that maybe, just maybe he ( Bent) had fallen out with spud face, he brushed this aside.

The man is full of contradictions.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 04:41:47 PM by TimTheVillain »

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 05:02:54 PM »

I wonder if Richard Hillman does contract work...

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 05:04:05 PM »

Do you really believe that, Mac? He might be a friend of his but this idea that it's some sort of orchestrated campaign with Martin O'Neill running it all from his secret bunker sounds a bit daft to me.
What I do believe is that he is mirroring (no pun intended) MON's opinion. He's obviously a very bitter man and the sooner he gets another job the better. If you repeat a lie often enough people start to believe it. I heard Andy Townsend last night question whether Randy regrets not giving MON more money.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2011, 05:07:02 PM »

Yep, I'm sure one of our regular posters showed how there was no nepotism at all in him getting his first jobs and being related to her.

Emily Bishop - possibly the most boring character in Coronation Street.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 05:19:07 PM »

What I do believe is that he is mirroring (no pun intended) MON's opinion. He's obviously a very bitter man and the sooner he gets another job the better. If you repeat a lie often enough people start to believe it. I heard Andy Townsend last night question whether Randy regrets not giving MON more money.
Winter, that bald headed Sweaty Patrick Barclay and Oliver Dolt are all key members of team MON.
They probably queue up to give his bell end a buffing.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 05:28:38 PM »

Emily Bishop - possibly the most boring character in Coronation Street.

I wish Hillman had killed her back in the day instead of lovely, ditzy Maxine. Or she'd stayed stuck up that tree on the Red Rec.
She's had that doleful look on her face for years, even before her beloved Ernest died.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 05:36:29 PM »
I think it is a perfectly valid question to ask if Randy might regret nit allowing MiON to spend in the summer. He might answer that he's happy with where we are now but I think we all know we wouldn't be worrying about relegation if he had. I can't get past the thought that if Randy didn't trust him then he would have acted so it really was all about the wage bill.

Offline ChrissyPrice

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2011, 05:45:43 PM »
The same sort of nonsense appeared on Goals on Sunday. All 3 wondering why MON never got the cash. Andy (Andrew?) Cole then pointed out that "He's also bought that French boy from Lyon" and it appeared that Kamara and the other clown had not the slightest idea what he was talking about.

Offline eastie

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2011, 05:54:08 PM »
Another of mons press friends talking utter bollocks- the London press have very little idea about anything going on in the midlands , and holt is probably the most clueless of them all-total idiotic prick!

Win at Wigan and we are 2 points off top 8 , then they will turn their attention to everton- I'd like to see what they say if we do finish top 7 and qualify for Europe.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 06:01:42 PM by eastie »

marcelinosmith

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2011, 06:04:14 PM »
I think it is a perfectly valid question to ask if Randy might regret nit allowing MiON to spend in the summer. He might answer that he's happy with where we are now but I think we all know we wouldn't be worrying about relegation if he had. I can't get past the thought that if Randy didn't trust him then he would have acted so it really was all about the wage bill.

The money's always been there. Randy just wasn't going to give MON any more of it to piss up the wall.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2011, 06:07:08 PM »
Chris Smith's iPad is channelling the policeman from Allo Allo. On the other hand he is making more sense than usual.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2011, 06:35:36 PM »

Problem with that Chris is that RL said in May money would be available and GK confirmed as much again throughout the summer. 
On this and other forums, when transfer silly season was well under way.

So unless he was saying one thing and actually doing something else, unless MON is miffed at broken promises (and I haven't heard him say that), I don't see the issue.

RL was prepared to back MON again in the summer but this time, along with a number of other clubs, conditions were attached to that backing that first MON could live with and then seemingly he couldn't.

Based on his record since 2006, the volumes he's spent and the frequency in which he spent it, this latest investment doesn't look like a change of policy on his behalf. Which is what you and a few others are seeming to suggest. Rather, it looks like a continuation of what came before. That is, for RL to keep as low a profile as possible and to back the guy responsible for playing matters with the resources to do his job.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal