collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Warnock to Liverpool  (Read 9715 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: Warnock to Liverpool
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 12:14:56 AM »
View to a permanent switch in the summer, £5m apparently.

I don't think he's as bad as many make out, his first few months with us he looked like the real deal.

At his best he's as good as anything in the country in that position, but he hasn't been anywhere near his best for a while. He also gave one of the worst displays from any footballer I've even seen in the 0-3 up there before Christmas, I can only assume King Kenny wasn't there that night.

Offline phantom limb

• GM : 05.02.2021
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 12:17:59 AM »
Taking him out of the team has helped our defence no end, especially with his stupid lunging in all of the time. Adam Johnson tormented him when we played Man City away, whereas Clarke and the rest of the defence handled Johnson successfully by being smart.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 12:24:46 AM »
There is no confirmation on this?  Are we sure that this is true?

Carew, Guzan, Sidwell and Warnock all off the wage bill.  Great.

Offline madirishvillain

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 12:47:27 AM »
now to get a proper left back(the wigan boy who im not going to be disrespectul to and even begin to type his name) 8)  and charlie adam in

all in all a good window for a January

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 12:56:45 AM »
They must be confident that they've got a player lined up if we're prepared to let Warnock go though. The lad from Montpelier, Spahic, is it?

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 01:11:10 AM »
I watched Charlie Adam on MOTD tonight and I must admit he looks very good.  £4m might indeed be taking the piss.  They wont sell him to us now I reckon.  Golloway needs to shut the fuck up though still.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2011, 01:20:14 AM »
I'm happy with Clark at left back, give him plenty of first team football until the time's right to move him to his natural centre back position.

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 01:24:10 AM »
I'm happy with Clark at left back, give him plenty of first team football until the time's right to move him to his natural centre back position.

I love CC but like Albrighton and BB the kids need to be brought on gently not thrust into the game, Ciarans time will come but I doubt it will be at full back, in the mean time god bless all he's done for us!

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 01:27:37 AM »
I liked him. Was playing well. Not been the same since his injury

Good luck to him

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 01:35:46 AM »
Never been the same since he was rushed back from injury for the LC final. Been woeful this season.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2011, 01:39:59 AM »
Cheers Stevie W - good luck

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2011, 03:26:42 AM »
I couldn't stand the club footed Scouse oaf.

Offline eastie

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2011, 04:01:21 AM »
Nothing on official site about this and kendrick said today villa had ruled out a loan for warnock and would only sell him and not loan him- any confirmation on this?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2011, 08:20:29 AM »

I don't think he's as bad as many make out, his first few months with us he looked like the real deal.

At his best he's as good as anything in the country in that position, but he hasn't been anywhere near his best for a while. He also gave one of the worst displays from any footballer I've even seen in the 0-3 up there before Christmas, I can only assume King Kenny wasn't there that night.

Definitely a very good left back on his day. But as good as Cole, Evra or Baines 'on his day'? Absolutely no chance!

Could well do well at Liverpool but I do fancy seeing Albrighton up against him!

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2011, 09:04:05 AM »

Definitely a very good left back on his day. But as good as Cole, Evra or Baines 'on his day'? Absolutely no chance!
On his day, he's definitely as good as Baines.

It's just that Baines has been having 'his day' for the last four months which has coincided with the worst form of Warnock's career.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal