collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fat David Platt  (Read 7927 times)

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

Re: Fat David Platt
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 05:06:02 PM »
What a refreshing tactic.

I just can't hate David Platt, just for not bigging us up on telly.  I think he would have to have a shit in the centre circle at Villa Park whilst wearing a Small Heath shirt for me to slightly dislike him.

Offline barrysleftfoot

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 05:10:24 PM »

Agree nick harper.

One of my favourite Villa goals of all times.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 05:32:54 PM »
What a refreshing tactic.

I just can't hate David Platt, just for not bigging us up on telly.  I think he would have to have a shit in the centre circle at Villa Park whilst wearing a Small Heath shirt for me to slightly dislike him.

Spot on.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 05:37:32 PM »
Fat bell-end.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 05:59:34 PM »
I don't know why he doesn't like us but he hasn't spoken well of the Villa for years.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 06:02:39 PM »
he is what he is now. He will still be, in my opinion, one of the greatest players to wear the famous claret and blue.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2011, 06:46:31 PM »
he is what he is now. He will still be, in my opinion, one of the greatest players to wear the famous claret and blue.

But that is what I don't get about him? His best footballing season was the 22 goals season with us. You could say that is his highest achievement in the game because I don't remember a fat lot else. A few wasted years with Bari , never part of the set up at Internazionale and some  luke warm games  for Arsenal. So I don't want him to big us up as has been mentioned I just don't  want him to run us down everytime he opens his mouth.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 07:42:33 PM »

But that is what I don't get about him? His best footballing season was the 22 goals season with us. You could say that is his highest achievement in the game because I don't remember a fat lot else. A few wasted years with Bari , never part of the set up at Internazionale and some  luke warm games  for Arsenal. So I don't want him to big us up as has been mentioned I just don't  want him to run us down everytime he opens his mouth.

I don't think we should expect every player that wore our colours to speak glowingly about us. I think the likes of McGrath, McInally or Merson is the exception rather than the rule. Platt was superb for us, but maybe he felt that he was better than us, especially post-World Cup. So be it. He was still a great player, and while it would be great to hear speak fondly about his time at Villa, I've given up waiting for that to happen a long time ago.

Online Chris Harte

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 08:15:44 PM »
A few wasted years with Bari , never part of the set up at Internazionale and some  luke warm games  for Arsenal.
Pedant alert.

He had a season at Bari, one at Juve then a couple more at Sampdoria where he met Roberto Mancini. Also got a Premier League winners medal at the Arse.

I don't like how he seems to have no love of our club, despite making his name here.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2011, 09:54:38 AM »
Quite simply, David Platt was an outstanding player for Aston Villa.  Imo, he played his best football while with us.

I understood that he wanted to move to Italy after Italia 90 (Italy was the mecca for footballers at the time) and the 5.5 mill we got for him enabled Big Ron to build a terrific side.  It was a good deal allround.

The fact that he isn't remembered with anything other than fondness by so many is strange, I know he comes across as an aloof character but what has he said exactly that is so wrong?

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 10:06:41 AM »
Platt was superb for us, but maybe he felt that he was better than us, especially post-World Cup.

That may be the case but he kept us up that season.

He'd still make my all-time Villa team, I just wish he'd take about us a bit more fondly.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal