collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: andy weimann out on loan to watford...  (Read 7795 times)

Offline The Left Side

Re: andy weimann out on loan to watford...
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 05:59:20 PM »
Good for him, it looks like we have got a good relationshiop with Watford, probably due to Sir Graham Taylor... I hope he bangs in some goals and comes back firing for us!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 06:06:27 PM »
Good luck to him. Another result to watch out for. When do they play Dirty Leeds? He better score at least three against those bastards!

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 06:18:28 PM »
What sort of striker is weimann? Target man? Link player? Fox in the box?
Who'd you compare him to?

He always reminds me of Alan McInally.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 06:48:11 PM »
It's a good move for him,going to a club in form with an up and coming manager. Hopefully he'll grab a few goals for them as well.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 07:58:54 PM »
Hope he scores goals for them and gets them in the prem , as a thanks for Ash Young..  ;-D

Offline mozza

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 10:35:02 PM »
Interesting to see if Malky Mackay plays Andreas with Danny Graham,
Watford are on a fantastic run of results and playing good football -

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 02:25:05 AM »
Great move. Houllier seems to be getting all the cogs working now he has gained some ground .........

Offline Mac

• Heroes And Villains
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2011, 07:39:29 AM »
What sort of striker is weimann? Target man? Link player? Fox in the box?
Who'd you compare him to?

He always reminds me of Alan McInally.
You mean half a good season and he'll want to fuck off?

Offline Bosco81

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2011, 09:04:25 AM »

Waford signed Troy Deeney from Walsall for £500K at the start of the season, he's not played much I don't think, Deeney was playing for Chelmsley Town in the Midland Combination a few years ago, I think Walsall must have seen the game he played against me, absolutely murdered us.

Offline Merv

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2011, 09:27:23 AM »
Good move; Watford are going really well, scoring lots of goals and Danny Graham is on fire. There's another lad there - forget his name, a young kid who's come through the youth ranks I think - who's on double figures too. So I think Weimann will get a few goalscoring chances. Really interested to see how he gets at in the Championship.

As for style.... I've seen him a few times, mainly in pre-season. I'd say he's a penalty box poacher type. With a very slight touch of Shearer, the way he runs. Bit stocky, powerful.

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2011, 09:36:51 AM »
Definitely a good move for him as after his injury it is surely all about next season for his Villa career and some championship experience can only be a good thing.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 12:34:43 PM »
Sportinglife.com

Watford boss Milky Mackeson has revealed he had been tracking new striker Andreas Weimann for nine months before finally capturing the youngster.

The Hornets' boss had been looking at Wiemann in the summer but the striker was injured in Aston Villa's Europa League match against Rapid Vienna, scuppering any of Maccerana's plans.

He told the Watford Observer: "Andreas Weimann is someone that I have been tracking for about nine months. Kevin MacDonald, the reserve-team boss at Villa, is someone I have been in touch with for a while.

"They have a really good crop of youngsters coming through there and he is one of them.

"He unfortunately has been injured. He has recovered from that and is back playing reserve football so I spoke to Kevin and he, Gary McAllister and Gerard Houllier have been very accommodating.

"They felt considering our record of bringing youngsters to the club and the players doing well, that it would be good for both clubs."

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2011, 01:21:52 PM »

Waford signed Troy Deeney from Walsall for £500K at the start of the season, he's not played much I don't think, Deeney was playing for Chelmsley Town in the Midland Combination a few years ago, I think Walsall must have seen the game he played against me, absolutely murdered us.

I've played against him as well, although it was only Sutton Sunday. He was bloody quick. I think his brother is our youth team captain now.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2011, 05:39:10 PM »
Watford boss tips Aston Villa striker Andreas Weimann for full Austria call-up
5:13pm Wednesday 2nd February 2011

Malky Mackay expects Aston Villa striker Andreas Weimann to receive his first call up to the full Austrian squad in the near future.

The 19-year-old marked his full Watford debut against Crystal Palace last night with a goal and Mackay was full of praise for the former Rapid Vienna youngster.

Mackay said: “Andy Weimann is a top young player from Aston Villa and is an Austrian Under-21 international and I do not think it will be long before he is in their full squad.

“Villa have great hopes for him and you saw tonight [Tuesday], he was suited to go straight into Championship football.

“He works extremely hard, has a great touch and an eye for goal and I think to be thrown into the game tonight, and play alongside Danny Graham the way he did, is great credit to the lad.

“He slipped effortlessly into the group because of who he is and adapted to training.”

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/8828621.Mackay_tips_Weimann_for_Austria_call_up/?

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2011, 05:55:30 PM »
Watford boss tips Aston Villa striker Andreas Weimann for full Austria call-up
5:13pm Wednesday 2nd February 2011

Malky Mackay expects Aston Villa striker Andreas Weimann to receive his first call up to the full Austrian squad in the near future.

The 19-year-old marked his full Watford debut against Crystal Palace last night with a goal and Mackay was full of praise for the former Rapid Vienna youngster.

Mackay said: “Andy Weimann is a top young player from Aston Villa and is an Austrian Under-21 international and I do not think it will be long before he is in their full squad.

“Villa have great hopes for him and you saw tonight [Tuesday], he was suited to go straight into Championship football.

“He works extremely hard, has a great touch and an eye for goal and I think to be thrown into the game tonight, and play alongside Danny Graham the way he did, is great credit to the lad.

“He slipped effortlessly into the group because of who he is and adapted to training.”

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/8828621.Mackay_tips_Weimann_for_Austria_call_up/?

Great stuff from Andy, thanks for the post.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal