collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Houllier's revolution  (Read 16122 times)

Offline Mazrim

Re: Houllier's revolution
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2011, 04:14:36 PM »
Gabby will play up front. Dont write him off.
In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if he scores on Saturday. In fact, I'm going put money on it.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2011, 04:29:41 PM »
Gabby will play up front. Dont write him off.
In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if he scores on Saturday. In fact, I'm going put money on it.
You do that, i'm having Ashley on his return.

You heard it here first.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2011, 10:24:30 PM »
£24 million quid for Bent? At that rate I'm worth a cool 12 million on condition I only play for 5 minutes and kick with my right foot, because with my left foot direction is a problem. He might be useful, because Lord knows the Villa's needs are desperate. However, it looks as if someone was very desperate indeed.

Hi Martin.

While you're here can you tell us why you turned down the West Ham job?

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2011, 10:42:48 PM »
Gabby as a wide forward, I still think it's the way for him, like Anelka at Chelsea. He's not clinical enough to play through the middle, but his delivery is fantastic as is his work rate.

Think that's why Ged wants him to slim down a bit.

Exploiting the gaps between the centre back and fullback to allow space for Bent and Ash drifting in from the left.

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2011, 10:54:34 PM »
It he combines the talent we have in youth in Albrighton, Clark, Bannan with his calibre of signing like Bent, Walker and hopefully Adam  with likes of Young , Dunne and Downing we should do  well .

Minimum second half performance after spending probably 40m is 8th meaning we should finish half way.

Anything below that he has failed, if we struggle second half he aint the man.

The jury still out with me

8th you are generous, a real knocker would want European qualification surely.
we will get europe when we win the FA cup

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2011, 12:43:39 AM »
£24 million quid for Bent? At that rate I'm worth a cool 12 million on condition I only play for 5 minutes and kick with my right foot, because with my left foot direction is a problem. He might be useful, because Lord knows the Villa's needs are desperate. However, it looks as if someone was very desperate indeed.

Hi Martin.

In fact, just piss off.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2011, 12:56:48 AM »

Hi Martin.

In fact, just piss off.

There's no need for that.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2011, 01:01:14 AM »
It was just part of the roleplay that he's Martin O'Neill.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2011, 01:04:46 AM »

In which case add one for me, as long as you promise faithfully that it's only pretend.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2011, 01:58:05 AM »

In which case add one for me, as long as you promise faithfully that it's only pretend.
I think I've just walked in on MON enjoying a threesome... and I really don't want to read any further back on this thread. I'll just shut the door quietly, log off and go back to my room.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2011, 02:21:06 AM »
Whatever happens from here on. I just want to say thank you Ged for the most exciting January window for yonks .........

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2011, 03:06:07 AM »

I think I've just walked in on MON enjoying a threesome... and I really don't want to read any further back on this thread. I'll just shut the door quietly, log off and go back to my room.

With your ear against the wall, you love it really.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2011, 03:32:01 AM »

Interesting viewpoint. 

Considering that Bent has only scored one less goal than both Rooney and Drogba over the last five years, and ignoring that Spurzzzzz paid 16.5 million for a player that has improved a lot since that time, also ignoring that the deal is 18 million, only rising to 24 if Bent is a great success (what a shame that would be). Finally taking into account the general transfer dealings of this day and age, I have 2 questions for you.

1. What do you think is a realistic asking price for Darren Bent?
2. We NEEDED a striker, would you rather we sign Kenny Miller, Robbie Keane or some other has been / never was?

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2011, 09:40:42 AM »
I didn't want GH, not because he wasn't MON, but because he's been out of Premier League, first team football for too long and I honestly thought we could do alot better.

So far I don't think i'm wrong, looking at the teams performances under GH it was hard to see a plan as we became more and more disorganised, particularly at the back, with players playing in baffling positions whilst GH displayed the PR skills of Pol Pot.  Let's not pretend it's been anything other than fecking ordinary.

Having said that, i'm loving what he's been doing this transfer window and i'm finally starting to see a plan take shape.  It's not a 'revolution', as some of the MON detractors and revisionists would have you believe, signing one or two players won't do that.  But it's a massive step forward and it already feels like a great weight has been lifted from the Club. 

So he starts the job again on Saturday, his team, his way with 100% support from all.  Good luck Ged.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2011, 09:58:15 AM »
I hope that Houllier can keep a lid on the various leaks to the press that seemed to be coming out of Bodymore Heath on a daily basis towards the end of last year. Starting with himself and then laying down the law to the players.

And I hope he has now revised his opinion that we are a "top 12" side.

And I'd love it, love it, right, if Bent bags a few on Saturday

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal