collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:06:00 PM]

NSWE Investment by cdward
[Today at 12:57:32 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 12:55:37 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Bad English
[Today at 12:46:34 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:35:00 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R26: ASTON VILLA v Chelsea, Saturday, 27th April!🥧 by simon ward 50
[Today at 12:34:58 PM]

VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:27:06 PM]

Fog stopped play by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 12:12:31 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:06:00 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Risso
[Today at 01:05:36 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by LeeB
[Today at 01:01:20 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by cdward
[Today at 12:57:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 12:55:37 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Tayls_7
[Today at 12:53:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 12:53:49 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:49:45 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Darren Bent: Mackem viewpoint  (Read 13790 times)

Offline flan

Re: Darren Bent: Mackem viewpoint
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2011, 09:36:15 AM »
Just thought I'd revisit this thread, I agree the death threat stuff is stupid, but every club has an element like that. I see benty paid his first installment back to you guys at the weekend. I hope some of you had a few quid on him scoring, he loves debut goals. But he'll get plenty more you can be sure.

Quick note to the poster who described us as "little Sunderland", ask a few of your fellow posters who they see as traditionally big clubs and I'm sure they'd mention us. If you make a decision on an entire club based on the actions of a few daft fans then you must hate an awful lot of clubs.   ;)

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2011, 11:46:34 AM »
cheers for coming back on flan... me personally, as i know my football, i think sunderland are a massive club... certainly bigger than the barcodes (whos attendance argument doesnt look so flattering pre keegan)...

i am delighted to have bent in... while his all round game isnt world class, he is certainly a top finisher, and his reaction, and anticipation for his debut goal was top class, and certainly something we have missed for many years...

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2011, 11:51:30 AM »
Agreed. Sunderland are a big club with strong traditions and history and, in my opinion, bigger and more relevant in the game than Newcastle. Who are little more than a circus.

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2011, 12:04:50 PM »
You can guarantee that, during the discussion of any club other than Villa, there'll be someone who pipes up "horrid little club with delusional supporters and a shit ground".

It an internet law, or ancient custom, or something.

Funniest of these was when someone cited White Hart Lane as a shit ground because "it's too close to the pitch".

Offline andyaston

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2011, 05:18:41 PM »
Sunderland are up there with the bigger clubs in the land. Always had good support and tradition.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2011, 05:29:40 PM »
Just thought I'd revisit this thread, I agree the death threat stuff is stupid, but every club has an element like that. I see benty paid his first installment back to you guys at the weekend. I hope some of you had a few quid on him scoring, he loves debut goals. But he'll get plenty more you can be sure.

Quick note to the poster who described us as "little Sunderland", ask a few of your fellow posters who they see as traditionally big clubs and I'm sure they'd mention us. If you make a decision on an entire club based on the actions of a few daft fans then you must hate an awful lot of clubs.   ;)

Nice to see a decent fan from a good club on this site Flan. Bent is the real deal as you know and we paid big bucks for him. But think Bruce has made himself look a bit of a prick, especially with his record of jumping ship. Good luck for the rest of the season .....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal