collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Darren Bent: Mackem viewpoint  (Read 13736 times)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: Darren Bent: Mackem viewpoint
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2011, 02:46:44 PM »
I would like him to go two upfront Bent and Gabby, Bent is more of a penalty box poacher and Gabby could be more in and around the box i think that could work.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2011, 02:49:11 PM »
If it's two up top it needs to be Heskey.

Ivanhoe doing all the unselfish work and DB cashing in.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2011, 08:49:50 PM »
I like Sunderland and if we don't have a miraculous winning run, I hope they finish 6th and get into europe.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2011, 11:17:41 PM »
Mackem's, I know (we all) know how you feel when one of your best players leave. You'll be al right, more importantly though he will help keep us up and be challenging at the other end next season!

Offline Guy M

• Location: Maidenhead - less than an hour from Zeitgeist on a good day!
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2011, 10:24:32 AM »
Really hope we can sign Welbeck as he looks the real deal so far. And i do believe Gyan will get 15 goals a season once settled. But bruce needs to also get some midfielders who will share to goal responsibilty to offset the loss of Bent.
The good thing is, with both clubs having moved swiftly and sensibly on this (Villa seemingly offering the market rate and considerably more than you paid for him) the deal's been done with as little fuss as possible and Bruce still has a couple of weeks to decide what to do with the cash.

I think Keane would be a good start at the figures being talked about in the papers and then you just need to hope he nips abroad with the rest and unearths another foreign talent as he seemed to do during his time at Wigan.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2011, 02:41:15 AM »
Think they have been slightly edged on into thinking we are the bad boys. But the reallity is they did not have to accept the offer .....

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2011, 05:10:21 AM »
Meh, I don't see the issue with being the bad guys tbh. We took a team who are having their first good season in ages (so of course become 'likeable' until they start doing it consistantly and pissing other clubs off) best player for a hell of alot of money.

We broke no rules and there was no foul play, so who gives a shit if we're the pantomine villain for a bit? I'm sure we'll get over it.

Hopefully we do it to 'poor little Blackpool' as well.

Fuck the Mackems anyway, Sunderland's a shithole and fist face is a twat.

Aston Villa FC: Taking your clubs best player since January 2011.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 05:12:22 AM by JJ-AV »

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2011, 05:25:40 AM »
We'll do want we want
We'll do want we waaaaaaaaant
We're Aston Villa
And we'll do what we want

Newcastle fans have got a reputation of being 'deluded' but I think that's just the normal mentality of thinking football-wise in the grim North-East after listening to countless bitter Sunderland fans ringing up TalkSPORT and reading various Sunderland fans 'opinions' on the internet.

Apprantely after many years of Sunderland finishing above Villa in the league and Villa being relegated a few times on the lowest points tally apart from the infamous Derby County team of 07/08 and qualifying for Europe 3 times in a row AND reaching a Cup Final and a Cup semi-final; believe it or not, but Sunderland are STILL a bigger club than the Villa.

(sarcasm machine has been turned on)

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2011, 07:45:16 AM »
Really hope we can sign Welbeck as he looks the real deal so far. And i do believe Gyan will get 15 goals a season once settled. But bruce needs to also get some midfielders who will share to goal responsibilty to offset the loss of Bent.
The good thing is, with both clubs having moved swiftly and sensibly on this (Villa seemingly offering the market rate and considerably more than you paid for him) the deal's been done with as little fuss as possible and Bruce still has a couple of weeks to decide what to do with the cash.

I think Keane would be a good start at the figures being talked about in the papers and then you just need to hope he nips abroad with the rest and unearths another foreign talent as he seemed to do during his time at Wigan.

You're right Guy, the transfer, though Sunderland seem to go on griping about it, was done and dusted pretty quickly.  This means they have lots of time to find a replacement and Bruce does seem to have a talent for finding some hidden gems.

Maybe we shouldn't gloat too much though, it'll be our turn again soon enough for a supposedly bigger club to come along and try to buy Ashley Young or one of the kids coming through.

Offline rutski

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2011, 07:45:42 AM »
just been on ssn that bent has recieved death threats via twitter. God those mackems are hard aint they?

Offline willywombat

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2011, 07:51:05 AM »
Think he has a bit more of an allround game than the boy Line-acre, he seems to be able to hold the ball up and is comfortable up top on his own.

Interesting that the opening post mentions Gabby, I think we always hoped that Gabby would become our Darren Bent. That is, not a natural footballer by any means. But someone who makes the most of what he has.

Still could, but I think it's going to be difficult to have them in the same side. Unless GH is still determined to make  Gabby into some kind of auxiliary wideman. I have a feeling that he is going to be one of those players who miss out and could be on his way in the summer. Football being football and all the dogs abuse they give him anytime we play there, I wouldn't be stunned if it's B-lose either.

I dont think there's a cat in hells chance of Gabby playing for that shower of shite, he hates them as much as any of us!

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2011, 08:04:45 AM »
just been on ssn that bent has recieved death threats via twitter. God those mackems are hard aint they?

I've seen that too.

Despicable, vile and cowardly behaviour. You send a player death threats because he left little Sunderland? Obviously there lives are very empty to do something like that. Horrible.

I await a pig's head being thrown at Darren next time we play Sunderland...

Offline holte hero

• GM : Dec, 2013
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2011, 08:27:25 AM »
Personally i am so annoyed at the one eyed media bashing of us, they all seem to forget money city tryed to tear the heart out of our club by tapping up our players, they never even blinked when fat ass and judas left the club. To the media fuck off you w**kers.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 08:31:39 AM by holte hero »

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2011, 09:48:23 AM »
Think he has a bit more of an allround game than the boy Line-acre, he seems to be able to hold the ball up and is comfortable up top on his own.

Interesting that the opening post mentions Gabby, I think we always hoped that Gabby would become our Darren Bent. That is, not a natural footballer by any means. But someone who makes the most of what he has.

Still could, but I think it's going to be difficult to have them in the same side. Unless GH is still determined to make  Gabby into some kind of auxiliary wideman. I have a feeling that he is going to be one of those players who miss out and could be on his way in the summer. Football being football and all the dogs abuse they give him anytime we play there, I wouldn't be stunned if it's B-lose either.

I dont think there's a cat in hells chance of Gabby playing for that shower of shite, he hates them as much as any of us!
Do you seriously think Gabby would go to the scum after them calling his mother a whore on a regular basis ??? Plus Gabby is a proper Villa fan and he is going nowhere ........

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2011, 05:33:35 PM »
Hearing a few players/pundits on Bent saying he prefers the ball through the middle rather than from the wing. I'd love us to go 442, at least at home, with Gabby and Bent up front. I still worry that we're not giving the forwards enough decent service, hopefully now with Bent we'll focus on this part of our game.

As somebody else mentioned, if not us, I'd prefer Sunderland to finish 6th this season. As ugly as he is, Bruce has done a good job up there although I was surprised to read the Sunderland board saying before they sold Bent, they may have to rethink the clubs ambitions if they don't get better attendancesat the SoL.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal