collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Doubting Randy?  (Read 37123 times)

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
Doubting Randy?
« on: January 17, 2011, 09:15:38 PM »
Anyone still doubt Randy's commitment to the club?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Doubting Randy?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 09:17:41 PM »
Between "the bearhug" and these two deals, I'd like to see anyone come out with any anti-Randy stuff now. It's been a rough few weeks, but the sun is high in the sky again. Lots and lots of work to do but these signings makes things much easier.

Offline MATTYLAD74

• SKY LOUNGE
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 09:21:28 PM »
Hats off 2 u Randy  ;D

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 09:23:50 PM »
The real messiah.

Online Karlos96

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 09:26:01 PM »
I've never doubted him.  It's pissed me off all season trying to explain to people the money is there and he'll back the manager when needed, everyone just believes whatever the media says.

Offline Bosco81

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 09:27:41 PM »
I heard Pat Murphy having a snidey pop at him about not speaking to the press again tonight, this deal should change everyones view of Randy.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 09:33:37 PM »
I've never doubted him.  It's pissed me off all season trying to explain to people the money is there and he'll back the manager when needed, everyone just believes whatever the media says.
I was chatting with my West Ham mate yesterday who said its obvious why MON left Villa, the reason is Randy would not spend any more money on Villa. I said bollocks is it, watch this space!

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 09:37:58 PM »
Anyone still doubt Randy's commitment to the club?
pmk1981 says otherwise...

Serious though, I never doubted Randy - he was right to tell O'Twat to fuck off. He's a committed man towards Villa - he's still got enormous enthusiasm for the club and it's obvious he wants us to get back up where we belong challenging at the top that is why he's prepared to go out and spend the money on that goal scorer we need.

Randy Lerner is the man.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 09:38:25 PM »
He's never been away. On VT they are reporting that Randy has just texted MysteryMan with "al u mofos can suk my dik"

Offline Brett Sinclair

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 09:44:49 PM »
I heard Pat Murphy having a snidey pop at him about not speaking to the press again tonight, this deal should change everyones view of Randy.
I heard it too, and old Pat was using the Bent deal to talk up MON on the basis that Randy should have given O'Neill the money. He never pointed out that if O'Neill had been prepared to hang around for a few months he might have got the money anyway when some of his overpaid under performers left the Club. Of course MON knew that between August and January it was going to be a rocky road. THAT is why he left us in the lurch, to save HIS reputation. And you what? It didn't work.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 09:46:08 PM »
I have never doubted Randy! That's the truth. I doubted Mon & Houllier I will admit, Never Randy.

The Gen was right all along

Offline mike

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 09:48:03 PM »
How could I ever have doubted Randy, there's a rumour that we might buy a player!!! Actually I never have doubted him but calm down folks, it's not done yet, we're looking a bit deparate here.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 09:48:20 PM »
Never doubted RL, I can say that with sincerity.

All the times he's been questioned in the past -generally at the height of silly season in the summer transfer window, he's come through with the goods. I was quite prepared to view the last pre season as the exception, rather than the rule. The events of early August being completely out of kilter with what had gone on before.

That said, I do think he or someone close to him could have communicated the position better. Even prior to August, MON was was subtly trying to make out that he was operating with one arm behind his back and weren't we the bad bastards for not letting him have his way completely.

I understand RL's reticence when it comes to the media,  he prefers to do rather than say. But even if he wasn't comfortable conversing with them, General K could have given a straightforward interview to one of the more respectable papers outlining that there was  money available and we weren't  purely set on a downscaling/ cost cutting exercise.

Whereas in previous summers (yes, last year wasn't the first time that bobbins had started to circulate) we've dispelled that type of guff by spending, last summer probably needed a different approach.  In the light of little direct communication from the club (save for the General's thread on this and other sites) the spin, waffle and outright bullshit from a number of media outlets became accepted fact. Sell to buy/ Villa are broke and so on.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 09:50:43 PM »
In the light of little direct communication from the club (save for the General's thread on this and other sites) the spin, waffle and outright bullshit from a number of media outlets became accepted fact. Sell to buy/ Villa are broke and so on.

Which might - and this is only supposition - have just saved us a few million quid.

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 09:50:57 PM »

This with knobs on.   That's why I diddn't bother, except in the GM club.   

Bunch of moaning minnies.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal