collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabby  (Read 9961 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Gabby
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 10:01:45 PM »
This is a write off season for Gabby. The injuries have wrecked him getting any sort of momentum going. I suppose how little he was injured under MON, he was due a season like this.

Too early to write him off and i think he's a better player than a lot of people, villa and neutral fans, give him credit for.

Only a few months ago he was pinging inch perfect crosses onto the heads of Downing and Young at Stoke.

That said, I'm not quite sure where he fits in with the Bent sigining either.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 10:06:52 PM »
When Gabby was running at the goal in the first minute Carew decides to run straight in front of him bringing a defender with him, the most brainless run he could make.

Offline b23

• GM : 02.09.2019
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 10:07:00 PM »
For whatever reason none of our strikers are scoring. Hence Bent and maybe cummings too ?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 10:19:34 PM »
A very tricky player to characterise. Some very obvious flaws, but we've seen him destroy the best defences in the country. Not sure how he fits in with bent as I really font see him as a wide player.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2011, 10:24:39 PM »
A very tricky player to characterise. Some very obvious flaws, but we've seen him destroy the best defences in the country. Not sure how he fits in with bent as I really font see him as a wide player.

They were talking about how strong the Furryhand and Vidic partnership is tonight on the radio,but Gab always gives Vidic a tough time,i wonder sometimes if its a lack of self belief which harms Gab ?

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2011, 10:25:50 PM »

Yeah, definitely not a wide player. Needs to be right up top through the middle with his pace, which can terrorise defenders. I take on board comments about his injuries this season and hope he comes good again. Thing is his pace won't last, look at Michael Owen, who would have predicted the rapid decline of his career once he lost his pace.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2011, 10:28:05 PM »
Yep Gabby gave Vidic the run around in the second half that game.

Brilliant performance from him that showed how well he can lead the line.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2011, 10:32:34 PM »
Gabby is a good player who has improved year on year before injuries. I sometimes think he is a bit too selfless as he does a lot of work for the team and doesn't insist on taking penalties. Add five or so pens a year and he'd be our 20 goal a season man.

I'm not giving up on him yet.

Offline Dan England

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2011, 10:51:01 PM »
I think that Gabby has taken the gym thing to seriously. Yes he needed to bulk up but I think he's gone to far. He seems to have lost a touch of pace and a bit of the "snap" he's had in season's gone by. He's always been a player who's form has relied heavily on confidence, that, combined with the extra bulk and fitness problems gives you an under performing Gabby. There is a good player in there he just doesn't quite believe it and is thinking too much at the moment. Maybe Bent will give him the spur he needs.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2011, 10:59:44 PM »
Bent likes to pull off wide, is not a target man, Gabby has plenty to offer alongside Bent or even as a 3 up top, it gives us options

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal