collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Addiction! is it just me?  (Read 6724 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Re: Addiction! is it just me?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 01:54:39 PM »
Every woman i have known (and there have a been a good few  ;)) i have always said

"The villa were here before you and they will be here long after you have gone"

did the trick

The amount of parties, weddings, christenings etc i have missed over the years - i am amazed i was married for 20 years - in the end all family / friends would just consult the fixture list before even asking me

"Are you coming to the (include any event)"
"No i am at the match"
"But is it that important?"
"Yes  the villa are playing in it"

TO be fair dont go to many aways these days but up till 5/6 years ago it was "How are we getting there" rather than "are we going?)

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 02:00:47 PM »
Well you hit me just like heroin
I feel you coursing through my veins
I once tried to kick this addiction
I swear I'll never kick again

This addiction – can't seem to live without you

.... wasn't written about the Villa, but should have been.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 03:18:56 PM »
It's an addiction that's in the genes

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 03:26:04 PM »
My name is Mark and I am a Villa addict ..... I tell any women I share my life with that the best they can shoot for is 3rd place in my life - 1st is my kids 2nd Aston Villa !! - They love that line makes them feel all special !!!

I feel the same my Daughter will allways be 1st and the most important person in my life but Aston Villa are the second most important love of my life i am also addicted to the Villa i am on here everyday and look for gossip on the Villa aswell as reading books about the Villa to me it's a religion so i know how you feel HT.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 05:29:34 PM »
in 2008 mareka( the dutch girl who used to or still does) run the programme distributors gave me my dream job even tho i would have earned only afew quid a game i was going to be helping the people and club i love oh so much. However it was not to be as i got ran over the day of the portsmouth game and was in hospital a week and was to embarrassed to ring her back and tell her what had happened incase my job had gone so i just left it as it was. 

Sorry, this bit sounded interesting but I didnīt quite understand it. Could you elaborate?

Online Holy Trinity

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2011, 05:57:07 PM »
in 2008 mareka( the dutch girl who used to or still does) run the programme distributors gave me my dream job even tho i would have earned only afew quid a game i was going to be helping the people and club i love oh so much. However it was not to be as i got ran over the day of the portsmouth game and was in hospital a week and was to embarrassed to ring her back and tell her what had happened incase my job had gone so i just left it as it was. 

Sorry, this bit sounded interesting but I didnīt quite understand it. Could you elaborate?

there was a vacancy advertised selling match day programs in a kiosk in the trinity road stand, they were also planning to pilot the american style wandering vendor at the time, i would have earned only a small commission but got to work every home game. but for the reasons mentioned above i couldn't go and just assumed the job would no longer be there for me the only reason i knew she was dutch was that we were playing Ajax the day she rang me and we spoke about her name sounding dutch and that she had affection for avfc and ajax. lol

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2011, 06:10:24 PM »
I'm thinking of following Wolves next season. Or maybe Stoke, depends who can offer me the best package
You'd be better off doing drugs Damon....

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2011, 06:42:05 PM »
I think the addiction to Villa eventually morphs into an addiction to the place, the people the streets, the holy colours, the chip shops, the kids "looking after" your car, the fantastically beautiful way of speaking, your friends, the fans who drive you mad, hating just about every other team.

If The Villa became a franchise and moved to Norfolk and became the Center Parcs Villains I would still go to the triangle contained between Witton and Trinity on Saturdays just to be there.

As for Albert Einstein I am afraid he was a Citeh fan - when they were amusingly crap of course - he left the clue in his well known catchphrase E (himself) = MC2 (Citeh home and away).

Offline villa1

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2011, 08:42:19 PM »
It is an addiction... But it's a good one!

There's enough room in my life for Villa and my family.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal