collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Run In  (Read 8876 times)

Offline Villa'Zawg

Re: The Run In
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 01:40:19 PM »

I don’t see any signs that we’re going to suddenly become as effective as we were last season and remain extremely worried about the possibility of relegation. That will only change for me when our results start improving.

You don't see Chelsea 7 Villa 1 to Chelsea 3 Villa 3 as a sign then ?

You've done very well in identifying the only game since his first match where we have had an improved result over last season. Our defeat against Sunderland (draw last season) and draw with Blues(Won) suggests the corner hasn't been turned yet.

We can and should keep hoping for things to improve but we'll all know when we start seeing better results.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 08:04:43 PM »
The run-in as I see it, trying to be positive...

Villa 2 Man City 1
Wigan 0 Villa 2
Man U 4 Villa 6
Villa 2 Fulham 0
Blackpool 0 Villa 3
Villa 2 Blackburn 1
Bolton 0 Villa 4
Villa 12 Wolves 0
Everton 0 Villa 7
Villa 26 Newcastle 0
West Ham 0 Villa 234
Villa 5 Stoke 0
West Brom 0 Villa 11
Villa 0 Wigan 2 (some things never change)
Arsenal 1 Villa 10
Aston Villa 36,943 Relegated Liverpool 0

That leaves us on 67 points, which might just sneak us a Champions League spot.

Plus it's Our Year For the Cup.

Hope I've put all your minds at rest.

That cracked me up, Very good

Offline myf

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 09:00:47 PM »
Since Gerard took over we have dropped 15 points compared to the equivalent 17 fixtures last year after replacing the relegated teams with the promoted teams.

Last year we took 27 points from the equivalent 16 fixtures to the ones we have left to play. So if we suddenly improved enough to be as good as we were last season, we’ll end up on 49 points.

I don’t see any signs that we’re going to suddenly become as effective as we were last season and remain extremely worried about the possibility of relegation. That will only change for me when our results start improving.

"as good/effective as we were last season".  MON could grind out the results but the football was turgid.

We need 18 points by my reckoning from 16 games.  Just need to tighten up at the back and we'll do it.

Offline eric woolban woolban

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 09:48:54 PM »
I see a similar  run like the 97/98 season when we won 9 of our last 11 games. Only losing at home to Barnsley and Bolton. Both of whom went down.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal