collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The day OUR derby died  (Read 18069 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: The day OUR derby died
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 07:40:47 PM »
Fair enough, if you lot want to sympathise with your nose mates about prices, trouble, lack of investment etc, you crack on.

I'll carry on taking the piss at them getting 22k against whom they invade the pitch whenever they spawn a win every ten games.
So you're happy to carry on seeing all those empty seats in the away end that could have been filled if the clubs and police did their jobs properly? Then maybe there'd have been a better atmosphere. I'm sure it was the empty away end that would have shown up more on tele. Were the viewers around the country aware that those seats were never on sale? I doubt it. Probably viewed as a piss-poor away following from us now we're struggling down the bottom of the league.

The space we were allocated was packed to the rafters and surrounded by coppers and empty blue seats. If any cretin was thinking of criticising our away support based on that Id be happy to put him right as I was one of four thousand who went there last month when tickets were available.

They pride themselves as being the team of the people in a city of over a million yet Norwich consistantly get more, they are a fucking joke.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 07:42:26 PM »
I wish the derby would die. I miss the days when we used to consider Man U our main rivals and never sang about Blues.

Admittedly this only lasted about two seasons.

Offline jembob

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 07:48:42 PM »
Our away allocation at the Sty is a disgrace. The official excuse of course is that Villa fans breach sacred Health & Safety laws by standing during the game. Since I heard that, I've made a point of checking the away fans at all Blues games on the TV and ALL away fans at the Sty stand all of the time. Even with a full complement of away fans today, the attendance for a match of this magnitude would have been dismal.

I don't know what's going on with the Police though. Unless they can spend the day watching events on CCTV, kettling reasonable demonstrators or sending costumed civilians to patrol high streets on foot, they just don't seem to want to know. I suspect that they are just going the same way as the rest of our society - target driven by MBA touting Chief Inspectors - crippled by mindless health and safety rules - shit scared of dealing with people properly for fear of causing offence to some vocal minority. As we saw with the student riots in London, they cannot cope with gathering effective intelligence to prevent trouble and would prefer to get the government to pass increasingly restrictive laws to do their work for them, under the guise of anti-terrorism of course.

Rather than letting people enjoy themselves and dealing with any idiots that turn up, they would prefer to sterilise the whole place of people. Banning fans from football games would surely decrease the amount of trouble at matches and I seriously believe that this would be the preferred option for the Authorities. For us to continue to have an important local cultural event like this twice a year is not to be encouraged any more.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:28:35 PM by jembob »

Online nodge

• GM : 23.02.2024
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 07:51:44 PM »
The day the donkey derby came to town,
the people came to watch from all around,
alas we didn’t see who won the race,
’cause the supergroup The Who swooped down from the moon,
and squirted tartar lemon in our face.

Offline charlie659

• Brian Little walks on water - FACT
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 07:56:18 PM »
The truth is that there are very few full football grounds these days, some are just more full than others & 22,000 is a fkin embarassment to them especially but also to the city of Birmingham as a whole. 

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 07:59:30 PM »
If they gave us say 8,000 for the fixture then it would look and sound a bit better for the cameras

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 08:00:52 PM »
A nose I know recons that 22k was a sell out as that's all the police let the club sell due to slashing our allocation and closing the stand above. Any idea if he's right or not?

Offline myf

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 08:01:36 PM »
I wish the derby would die. I miss the days when we used to consider Man U our main rivals and never sang about Blues.

I agree.  Having them and the other three WM sides in the Prem just drags us down to their level.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 08:04:36 PM »
I don't mind Baggies and Wolves matches as we never lose to them and I wouldn't be that devastated if we did. I know others on here care more about them than I do. Beating Small Heath is a momentary pleasure but if we lose we know they will be banging on about it for ever. I'd rather not bother with them at all.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2011, 08:05:49 PM »
Thanks Jembob.
I was beginning to think I was alone on this one when the thread turned into a pop at their lot for their poor support, which is a different issue.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 08:07:37 PM »
plus west midlands football is shit basically.......
Nah it's not that, just Birmingham, Wolves and West Brom have forever lived in our shadow.

It's a shame all our local rivals are no marks who belong in the Championship. Why don't we have any good local rivals? It's probably time to just boycott Birmingham City until they win something.

Offline Nigel Macdougall

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2011, 08:08:03 PM »
To be fair,I do believe they have a considerable fan base on the Isle of Man,who prefer to watch their games on internet streams or T.V.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2011, 08:09:47 PM »
A nose I know recons that 22k was a sell out as that's all the police let the club sell due to slashing our allocation and closing the stand above. Any idea if he's right or not?

Only if the police told them they could only sell one seat per block in first few rows of the Kop, Railway and Main Stand. You'd think that if the regulars in the railway couldn't sit there then the rest of the ground would be chokka, it was far from that.

Shit ground, no fans.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2011, 08:12:27 PM »
It means much much more to SHA than us.

It's 'death or glory' stuff for them, and they've dragged some of out lot into it.

For such a massive game for them 22k at the Sty, amazingly is an low turnout from the neanderthals.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2011, 08:13:15 PM »

Thats a bit like Coventry being obsessed with us though,United would have no interest in us at all. The ticket allocation and kick off times doesnt help our derbies,but they way their supporters have carried on over the years its no suprise.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal