collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Nat Lofthouse  (Read 7908 times)

Offline lovejoy

Re: Nat Lofthouse
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2011, 09:50:58 PM »
RIP. Someone who's poster you wouldn't mind on your boys wall. Not many current players would measure up.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 12:25:25 AM »

They use the expression "legend" far too much these days........but Nat Lofthouse WAS a legend.

Great player, and like many of his generation, a true gentleman........RIP Mr Lofthouse.

Are you Chris Kamara as they were pretty much his exact words this morning on Goals on Sunday at about 10am.

But RIP Nat. Never saw you play but knew the name as a great from back in the day.

Offline Laurence

• Exiled in Lancashire
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 08:41:00 AM »
Nat lived close to me in Chapeltown, Bolton.  My Wife (a die hard trotter) knew him pretty well and has only good things to say about him.  A few years ago and after a few pints I plucked up the courage to introduce myself in the pub to regale Nat with some of my late fathers stories of Wolves of the 50's and talk about the Villa.  Even though he was being accosted by a drunken brummie in his local he was friendly, chatted for a while and shook my hand, a genuinely nice guy and a true gent.  A Bolton legend.  RIP. 

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 09:12:17 AM »
A legend indeed.

RIP

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal