collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa bottom of league by tonight?  (Read 21416 times)

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
Re: Villa bottom of league by tonight?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 10:57:48 AM »
Fair enough @ Holtenderinthesky

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2011, 11:02:20 AM »
Last time England won the Ashes in Australia Villa were relegated!!

Last time we were relegated we had more points on the board at this stage of the season. I'm going for a bath someone pass me the toaster.  :'(

It's weird though, that season we knew we were going to go, as pessimistic as I usually am there isn't the same feeling around the place, although that's probably because in the 80's everything was fucking depressing.
Didnt a very good team win the 1st division in 1981 and then win the European cup the following year?..... not all depressing

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2011, 11:07:00 AM »

Last time we were relegated we had more points on the board at this stage of the season. I'm going for a bath someone pass me the toaster.  :'(

Yeah but was the league as tight as it is now at the time?  A win at the sty would put us 14th or so, that probably wouldn't have been the case then.

Offline boboonthecorner

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2011, 11:13:28 AM »

I know what you mean, I just found the 80's extremely depressing. Even though we won the league some of the empty spaces at VP proved that even success just isn't enough sometimes.

It's weird though, that season we knew we were going to go, as pessimistic as I usually am there isn't the same feeling around the place, although that's probably because in the 80's everything was fucking depressing.
Didnt a very good team win the 1st division in 1981 and then win the European cup the following year?..... not all depressing

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2011, 11:14:10 AM »
Long way to go yet.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2011, 11:22:08 AM »
It's where we finish at the end of the season that counts not tonight.

Thats my sentiments exactly but it does make for uncomfortable reading seeing us in the bottom three.

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2011, 11:28:47 AM »
So negative.

We could be out of the bottom three by tonight.

If West Ham draw or lose v Arsenal - very possible, Wigan lose to Fulham (less likely but very possible) and Wolves lose 2-0 to Man City (very, very possible) we'll be out of the zone and ready to destroy Blues (very, very likely as I want it to happen!),

Stay strong and positive.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 11:31:52 AM by berneboy »

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2011, 11:34:38 AM »
What's even scarier is a defeat tomorrow and we could be bottom with the two Manchester teams to play.....

This season has definately not been for the faint hearted, a loss tomorrow could be one of the nails in the coffin as far as morale goes???

It's weird though, that season we knew we were going to go,

That's how I feel now. Last time we were bottom 3, I was telling anybody who'd listen that if we bought Solano and Izzet in January we'd finish fourth. We only bought Nobby and finished 3 or 4 points off. This time I think we're fucked. That said, signing Adam would be a huge boost.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2011, 11:35:46 AM »
Last time I shagged a Spanish bird in a German hotel room Villa were relegated.

You'll be pleased to know that this is not a likely occurrence this year.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2011, 11:38:21 AM »
Last two clubs who sold Milner were relegated.

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2011, 11:53:41 AM »
You auditioning for the part of Senna in the Up Pompeii remake Percy?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2011, 11:58:41 AM »

Don't know the reference, sorry, but I think I get you. I'm not optimistic at the moment. Funny though that some of the posters who have been moaning for the last four years seem happier now.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2011, 12:55:26 PM »

Don't know the reference, sorry, but I think I get you. I'm not optimistic at the moment. Funny though that some of the posters who have been moaning for the last four years seem happier now.
I'm having serious reservations (Reeves and Mortimer 'The club') about Houllier.
But now Makoun is signed there is no turning back, if we lose every game he'll be staying.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2011, 01:03:17 PM »

I'm having serious reservations (Reeves and Mortimer 'The club') about Houllier.
But now Makoun is signed there is no turning back, if we lose every game he'll be staying.

Yes might as well go for it with Hou now. Another 2 or 3 new faces eager to make a go of it at the Villa might give us the boost we need. If we limp to summer as a Premier League club I'd be quite confident in his ability to change things for the better long term, it's just the situation we find ourselves in now that I don't have much faith in him.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2011, 01:06:58 PM »

Yes might as well go for it with Hou now. Another 2 or 3 new faces eager to make a go of it at the Villa might give us the boost we need. If we limp to summer as a Premier League club I'd be quite confident in his ability to change things for the better long term, it's just the situation we find ourselves in now that I don't have much faith in him.

That's the thing, going for it with him.

I'm as unimpressed as anyone with the way things have gone - is it possible to be any other way? - but if we're staying with him in the meantime, we have to back him with transfer money, which at least seems to be happening.

I imagine it is hard to follow a manager so powerful and keen on doing things "his way" as O'Neill was. In fact, I can't really believe I'm about to say this, but that James Nursey article someone linked to last night was spot on on this.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal