collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Go away Golloway  (Read 76286 times)

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
Re: Go away Golloway
« Reply #375 on: January 28, 2011, 09:23:56 PM »
Its a difficult one, because at what point do you decide that a club has thrown a game?
So a club puts out thier weakest team against manure because they have a more winnable fixture on the next tuesday, then at the end of the season they need the points and are playing Chelsea so they put the strongest team out, it can undermine the competition

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #376 on: January 28, 2011, 09:33:06 PM »
Fellow a forum-ers, come back after you have been on the Blackpool away day February 12 2011. That town makes you go mad and get desperate to leave.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #377 on: January 29, 2011, 05:24:19 PM »
I'm glad Holloway got fined solely because he's become such a big prat over the last few weeks.  On the issue itself, though, for tonight's FA Cup game Man Utd have made 8 changes to the team which beat Blackpool in the week. Hands up anyone who thinks SRAlex will get fined.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #378 on: January 29, 2011, 05:27:12 PM »
I hope it's a double bluff by Oyston.

"Surprise, divy! I accept!"

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #379 on: January 29, 2011, 05:36:30 PM »
At the end of the day. if the F.A tell a club to name a squad of 25 players, then the manager should be able to choose within that squad of 25 players. It really is as simple as that.

This is exactly right. All clubs were asked to name the squad and should be allowed to use it as they see fit. the FA are twats for doing this.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #380 on: January 30, 2011, 08:57:41 AM »

Me too, especially funny if it meant he'd miss out on his cut of the Charlie Adam fee after trying to talk it up for the last few weeks. 

Offline villa1

« Reply #381 on: January 30, 2011, 09:12:18 AM »
At the end of the day. if the F.A tell a club to name a squad of 25 players, then the manager should be able to choose within that squad of 25 players. It really is as simple as that.

Agree with this.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #382 on: January 30, 2011, 01:55:07 PM »

Me too, especially funny if it meant he'd miss out on his cut of the Charlie Adam fee after trying to talk it up for the last few weeks. 

What Charlie Adam fee? Both us and Liverpool have completely lost interest. We are trying to sign Bradley and Liverpool are now more concerned with keeping Torres. I think that neither team particularly needs to spend £8-12million on him and as such Holloway has talked and priced a player who seems to want to leave out of a move.

FWIW people up here, in particular those in the Scotland national team set up think that Bannan is or at least will be much the better player and that he should get chances ahead of Adam in the club and national sides. I think we should stick with the Scottish Xavi we already have.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal