collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Rod Liddle in The Times  (Read 25960 times)

Offline VillaZogmariner

Re: Rod Little in The Times
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2011, 10:36:12 AM »

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2011, 11:01:45 AM »
Also, whenever I see him he calls me `mate' because he can't remember my name. We all like people who do that.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2011, 11:03:30 AM »
Also, whenever I see him he calls me `mate' because he can't remember my name. We all like people who do that.
I'm so bad with names and faces that I never refer to anyone by their name (regardless of whether I know their name or not). It avoids any unpleasantness in the long run.

Offline RogerS

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2011, 07:05:38 PM »
Villa prospered under O'Neill because they ground out results against the bottom 14 teams with great consistancy, despite not - to my mind - having very much in the way of flair to distinguish themselves from the also-rans.
I seem to remember Villa taking 4pts off Manyoo last season, 3pts off Chelsea and Liverpool, and a couple off Spurz.

This guy isn't very knowledgeable about Villa, is he?

Was thinking the same thing as I read that article as well. Man's a buffoon IMO.

Offline RogerS

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2011, 07:08:45 PM »
He is fat, ugly and has bad breath. Annoyingly his wife is clever, funny and very fit

In that case you have to feel for her (metaphorically speaking).

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2011, 09:50:32 PM »
He is fat, ugly and has bad breath. Annoyingly his wife is clever, funny and very fit

Photo evidence required.
Rod Liddle, just as Damon described - he looks like he has bad breath...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/6749156/Rod-Liddle-accused-of-racism-for-blog.html

So OK that proves one part of Damon's  input just waiting for the picture as VSM  requested to prove the other part!

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2011, 10:18:43 PM »

I'm starting to like him.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2011, 02:32:53 AM »
When he took over he had better players than most remember. The main reason for us being so bad in 05/06 was Doolally's failure to get the best of a squad containing Thomas Sorensen, Martin Laursen, Olof Mellberg, Wild Willy Bouma, Gareth Barry, Steve Davis, Milan Baros and Juan Pablo Angel. A talented spine.

Allied to talented players who had fallen away - Samuel, Hendrie, (who MON apparently had a knack of getting the best from), some very talented youngsters - Cahill, Moore, Agbonlahor, solid and steady players - McCann, Hughes and a bit of experienced flair on the bench - Berger and Phillips...to be honest not too far off the quality Houllier arrived to find. O'Neill had a bit more time at the start and the signing of Petrov to hit the ground running.

The argument that he had to rebuild from scratch doesn't ring true to me - he had a good mixture of experience and talent to work with. 

I think you just have to look at where those players went when they left us to see how good they were.  Laursen, Mellberg and Barry I give you, but the rest went to retirement in America, bottom half PL clubs and Scotland.  It was a poor squad that needed the overhaul it got thanks to Randy's cash. 

I'm not saying it was stellar but it was far better than poor. After finishing 10th in 2005 and DOL buying Bouma, Baros and getting Milner in that summer, we had a squad set-up to challenge for Europe rather than one that flirted with relegation.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Re: Rod Liddle the worlds most ill informed tosser of a `journalist`
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2021, 01:10:55 PM »
Apart from being a racist shitbag, he has just shown himself up to be a complete and utter ignorant lazy misinformed hack.

Could somebody please reproduce here in full the drivel that he has just spouted.

https://twitter.com/BenTrenchard/status/1348225603862994944/photo/1

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Re: Rod Liddle in The Times
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2021, 01:16:23 PM »
"Rod Liddle...in the Sunday Times. With...like a sort of mackerel fish kind of...like a paste that's on the... bits gone on his jacket...and some is on his leg as well"

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2021, 01:20:45 PM »
Staggeringly lazy journalism.

What a humongous bellend.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2021, 01:26:34 PM »
Kid of embarrassing really. Do your job.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2021, 01:27:09 PM »
... given the utter disdain with which the top clubs regard the worlds oldest and most venerable football tounament. ( A suggestion for Aston Villa:you're not going to win the league. Why not have a stab at a perfectly decent consolation prize ? )

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2021, 01:48:50 PM »
Millwall fan and covid denier.

Says it all. Not worth using oxygen over.

Bit mad this thread is bumped up 10 years and 1 day after it started!

Hopefully he'll be long pensioned off from "journalism" by January 11th 2031.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2021, 02:42:15 PM »
The African Car Reverser thread is 8 this month. That will long outlive little Liddle and his dumb thoughts.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal