collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: x% Villa: Who's the clown...?  (Read 8498 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: x% Villa: Who's the clown...?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2011, 05:30:05 PM »
Bright lads these Liverpool players

1719: Can't help but think that Liverpool's Ryan Babel might be in a bit of trouble - he's tweeted a link of a picture of referee Howard Webb wearing a Man United shirt, as well as his earlier comment, below. "Twitticide", says one of my colleagues. I'd have to agree.

Offline mal

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2011, 05:44:17 PM »
i dont mean anything by this but what johnson's done here is 100% wrong. no better than calling a coloured person a nigga in my eyes.  cheap shot by a wonna be playboy showing off on twitter 
what johnson has done is take the cheap childish option of picking a very obvious sore/weak spot in pauls past.
 much in the same way a school kid will call a slightly thick kid a spastic simply just to inflict mental anguish. i hope merson sues him for slander/ deformation of character.
that is in merses past

Oh dear. I do despair. Johnson's reaction is just childish and ill-mannered.  It does differ in a crucial way from either racist or disability abuse in that Merson chose to drink take drugs and gamble, which does indeed make him a legitimate target for criticism especially when he is suggesting another professional is not behaving in a professional manner as the FACT that Merson's own career was littered with examples of his drink/drug/gambling excess having a deleterious effect on his performance makes it fair comment.
That said, for all his whiny self pity and false apologies it would be Merson at the top of his powers I'd rather have at VP than Johnson....

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2011, 09:09:51 PM »
his "wife went into labour"

Is this a euphemism then?

8-O

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2011, 09:30:38 PM »
He's wrong about Merson but perfectly entitled to the right to reply

Agreed.

Is it right to get so personal about Merson's offield problems though?  They have nothing to do with Glen Johnson.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2011, 09:42:09 PM »
I can't stand Glen Johnson. He's like Ashley Cole but without the talent. Not surprised at all with his comments.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2011, 09:52:09 PM »
I'm not suprised by Johnson's comments, once again a modern day footballer covers himself in glory.

Offline badluckeric(gates)

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2011, 09:34:51 AM »
Johnson was out of order. Merse was expressing an opinion about Johnson on the field of play. Johnson was attacking Mese's well documented problems off the field of play. Cheap shot.
As for average? He's having a laugh. I can think of many words to describe Merse but that wouldnt be one of them. I'm thinking, clever. talented, abiity to do the unexpected, etc .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal