collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa - Stevenage player floored by fan  (Read 12406 times)

Offline Nastylee

Re: 0% Villa - Stevenage player floored by fan
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2011, 08:36:31 PM »
If that story is meant as an excuse then he's fucked!

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2011, 11:25:16 PM »
Not really an excuse is it! YOu knew my bird before me and had a bit, when I was not on the scene at all, and that now upsets me so on the evening of one of our biggest victories ever I am going to run on the pitch and knock you out, despite supporting the team you play for. Erm... good luck son!

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2011, 11:52:13 PM »
Top marks for anyone who predicted there was a shagging angle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1346028/My-boyfriend-defending-honour-Mother-says-lover-attacked-ex-pitch.html

My boyfriend was defending my honour': Mother-to-be says lover attacked her ex on the pitch
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

The girlfriend of a man who was caught on camera punching an FA Cup player on the pitch says he did it because she used to be his 'lover'.

Pregnant Jade Coles says Rob Fitzgerald attacked Stevenage full-back Scott Laird after their shock 3-1 win over Newcastle because he was ‘defending her honour’. Fitzgerald was arrested on Monday on suspicion of assault in relation to the incident after handing himself in at Stevenage police station.

Laird falls to the ground following the attack, which Jade Coles says was carried out by her boyfriend Rob Fitzgerald
Jade told the Sun: ‘I haven’t been in a relationship with Scott now for two or three years but Rob knows about it.
‘Scott was a player and I don’t mean on the pitch. He was a bit of a ladies’ man.
‘Rob was at the game celebrating the victory on the pitch. He saw Scott celebrating and just lost his temper. He’d been drinking and that’s why it happened.’
If Fitzgerald, who is currently in custody, is charged and found guilty, Hertfordshire police would seek to place a football banning order on him which could last between three and 10 years. He could also face a jail term if found guilty of assault.

Prior to the attack, Laird is surrounded by supporters celebrating the win The punch, which knocked Laird unconscious, was captured on camera and will be investigated by the Football Association.  Stevenage chairman Phil Wallace was fearful that his club’s triumph could be overshadowed by the incident. ‘I’m stunned. I didn’t know this had happened,’ he said. ‘You try to keep people off the pitch but, after a result and a fantastic team performance like this, your thoughts are elsewhere. It will be up to the FA and others to decide what action, if any, will be taken.’
A spokesman for the club said: ‘Scott does know Jade but they haven’t had any contact for two-and-a-half years and they never dated.’

That would be me then ;-D

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2011, 02:15:36 AM »
Kind of disappointed that John Terry's little friend had nothing to do with it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal