collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa - Stevenage player floored by fan  (Read 12369 times)

Offline lovejoy

Re: 0% Villa - Stevenage player floored by fan
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2011, 12:09:51 PM »
Even so you'd have to question the thought process of thumping someone in front of live TV cameras in the middle of a football pitch. He's bound to get caught.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2011, 12:38:48 PM »
Exactly, why not just clout him downt he pub or on his doorstep if it's a grudge. It's not as though a stevenage player is going to be impossible to get to.

Offline Mac

• Heroes And Villains
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2011, 07:18:31 PM »
He doesn't necessarily have to be a Stevenage Town supporter. He could have used the scarf as a underhand subterfuge to get close to the player.
No way a true supporter is going to intentionally assault his own team's player!
I hope they catch him and prove it is the case. The consequences for this sort of crazy act could see them thrown out unfairly after winning so well.

I dunno, there's a few on here that might clock Pires one.  I might have done "sack of monkey poo" or Callaghan.

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2011, 10:05:31 PM »
According to Marcotti it is a Stevenage fan who hit him, and his Father has called the newspapers to say that his son will hand himself in to the police tomorrow.

Good to see the bloke has got his priorities in the right order.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2011, 10:10:07 PM »
What could have been on his mind? According to the chairman who has viewed all of the video evidence, the bloke had approached 3 other players on the pitch but couldn't get a clean shot at them.

Offline atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2011, 01:05:40 AM »
In this footage you can see the guy, it is claimed, both within the crowd and then run onto the pitch towards the end. The general theory of Stevenage fans is that he asked for the players shirt and when declined he hit him.

Offline atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2011, 01:09:55 AM »
In this footage you can see the guy, it is claimed, both within the crowd and then run onto the pitch towards the end. The general theory of Stevenage fans is that he asked for the players shirt and when declined he hit him.

Facing into the crowd on 50 seconds in.

Offline villa1

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2011, 09:20:34 AM »
He's obviously not the sharpest tool in the box.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2011, 11:41:28 AM »
Top marks for anyone who predicted there was a shagging angle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1346028/My-boyfriend-defending-honour-Mother-says-lover-attacked-ex-pitch.html

My boyfriend was defending my honour': Mother-to-be says lover attacked her ex on the pitch
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

The girlfriend of a man who was caught on camera punching an FA Cup player on the pitch says he did it because she used to be his 'lover'.

Pregnant Jade Coles says Rob Fitzgerald attacked Stevenage full-back Scott Laird after their shock 3-1 win over Newcastle because he was ‘defending her honour’. Fitzgerald was arrested on Monday on suspicion of assault in relation to the incident after handing himself in at Stevenage police station.

Laird falls to the ground following the attack, which Jade Coles says was carried out by her boyfriend Rob Fitzgerald
Jade told the Sun: ‘I haven’t been in a relationship with Scott now for two or three years but Rob knows about it.
‘Scott was a player and I don’t mean on the pitch. He was a bit of a ladies’ man.
‘Rob was at the game celebrating the victory on the pitch. He saw Scott celebrating and just lost his temper. He’d been drinking and that’s why it happened.’
If Fitzgerald, who is currently in custody, is charged and found guilty, Hertfordshire police would seek to place a football banning order on him which could last between three and 10 years. He could also face a jail term if found guilty of assault.

Prior to the attack, Laird is surrounded by supporters celebrating the win The punch, which knocked Laird unconscious, was captured on camera and will be investigated by the Football Association.  Stevenage chairman Phil Wallace was fearful that his club’s triumph could be overshadowed by the incident. ‘I’m stunned. I didn’t know this had happened,’ he said. ‘You try to keep people off the pitch but, after a result and a fantastic team performance like this, your thoughts are elsewhere. It will be up to the FA and others to decide what action, if any, will be taken.’
A spokesman for the club said: ‘Scott does know Jade but they haven’t had any contact for two-and-a-half years and they never dated.’

Offline SO Villa

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2011, 12:07:55 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1346028/My-boyfriend-defending-honour-Mother-says-lover-attacked-ex-pitch.html

My boyfriend was defending my honour': Mother-to-be says lover attacked her ex on the pitch
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

The girlfriend of a man who was caught on camera punching an FA Cup player on the pitch says he did it because she used to be his 'lover'.

Pregnant Jade Coles says Rob Fitzgerald attacked Stevenage full-back Scott Laird after their shock 3-1 win over Newcastle because he was ‘defending her honour’. Fitzgerald was arrested on Monday on suspicion of assault in relation to the incident after handing himself in at Stevenage police station.

Laird falls to the ground following the attack, which Jade Coles says was carried out by her boyfriend Rob Fitzgerald
Jade told the Sun: ‘I haven’t been in a relationship with Scott now for two or three years but Rob knows about it.
‘Scott was a player and I don’t mean on the pitch. He was a bit of a ladies’ man.
‘Rob was at the game celebrating the victory on the pitch. He saw Scott celebrating and just lost his temper. He’d been drinking and that’s why it happened.’
If Fitzgerald, who is currently in custody, is charged and found guilty, Hertfordshire police would seek to place a football banning order on him which could last between three and 10 years. He could also face a jail term if found guilty of assault.

Prior to the attack, Laird is surrounded by supporters celebrating the win The punch, which knocked Laird unconscious, was captured on camera and will be investigated by the Football Association.  Stevenage chairman Phil Wallace was fearful that his club’s triumph could be overshadowed by the incident. ‘I’m stunned. I didn’t know this had happened,’ he said. ‘You try to keep people off the pitch but, after a result and a fantastic team performance like this, your thoughts are elsewhere. It will be up to the FA and others to decide what action, if any, will be taken.’
A spokesman for the club said: ‘Scott does know Jade but they haven’t had any contact for two-and-a-half years and they never dated.’

Classy bunch.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2011, 02:45:54 PM »
that's Stevenage for you..

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2011, 04:08:04 PM »

My boyfriend was defending my honour

Why does it always have to be in melodramatic terms with wankers like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAj-Y6uUA_k

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2011, 05:02:38 PM »
Well they should just have a duel for her honour, "Pistols at dawn"!

Jade is such a Stevenage name isn't it!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2011, 06:38:57 PM »
If I get punched by every bloke who's missus I have slept with in the last few years I will be... pretty much unscathed, unfortunately.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2011, 07:39:04 PM »
So this guy is going out with a girl, that has been out with a bloke previously, so he punched him in the face?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal