collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sheffield United v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 71490 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Sheffield United v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2011, 05:01:49 PM »
Job done. Certain players were poor , NRC and Pires for me and Ash Young , I am now starting to think , he can go to Spurzzzz..   Yes he has the talent but he isnt showing that much for us at the moment, he thinks hes better than he is, lets take good money for him and get MOM walker on a permanent deal .... and we can score brilliant goals without him..

It would have been so much easier If the ref had not giving them a penalty , which wasnt , Petrov had scored his easier chance and that twat had not got sent off  , so Im happy we are in the hat... 

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2011, 05:01:55 PM »
Pretty awful.

We learnt nothing from that.

The only player who had a good game (Walker) was the one GH hasn't had time tohave an influence over.

It's just delaying the inevitable.

Play like that next week and we'll lose comfortably.

We win 3-1 away from home and you still manage to put a negative spin on it. Really, is there any aneed?

You clearly can't have watched the game.

Correct, I didnt. but that bares no relevance to my original point. Is there not a single positive you can take out of that? ie debut goal, a win when were not at our best, good football for the third?
Its so f""king depressing on here sometimes...

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2011, 05:01:58 PM »
A good win in the end, with great goals. I don't think that performance would have won a PL game but we're in the hat for the 4th round and that is the only thing that mattered today. I'm relieved.

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2011, 05:02:36 PM »
I actually think we defended with great commitment. I mean, there were plenty of players putting their bodies on the line for the team to make blocks and the like. I also think the penalty was dubious and Cuellar toed the ball away and Young's second yellow could've have resulted in a talking too but it's not unusual for a ref to fuck things up. It wasn't perfect but we need a win however they come at the moment so we'll take it and hopefully a bit of confidence has been restored.

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2011, 05:02:40 PM »
If they weren't given a dodgy pen we'd have spanked them 4 or 5. NRC was utter gash, we would have been better with Collins in midfield. Walker looks like the real deal, especially going forward. We need more players in before the Blues game though. 

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2011, 05:03:01 PM »
A good win in the end, with great goals. I don't think that performance would have won a PL game but we're in the hat for the 4th round and that is the only thing that mattered today. I'm relieved.
Summed up nicely I reckon.

Offline Dan England

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2011, 05:03:31 PM »
Pretty awful.

The only player who had a good game (Walker) was the one GH hasn't had time tohave an influence over.

We win 3-1 away from home and you still manage to put a negative spin on it. Really, is there any aneed?

You clearly can't look at things objectively.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2011, 05:03:56 PM »
We were never in any real trouble, the ball ping ponged around our box on a couple of occasions, without the dodgy penalty it was pretty comfortable. We didn't play great, but that doesn't matter, it's the cup and the win is all that matters.

Whether we get to keep Walker or not, I have a feeling he's going to be brilliant whilst he's here.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2011, 05:04:04 PM »
Pretty awful.

Correct, I didnt. but that bares no relevance to my original point. Is there not a single positive you can take out of that? ie debut goal, a win when were not at our best, good football for the third?
Its so f""king depressing on here sometimes...

I could have mentioned the positives, but, as things stand, I'm not really thinking all that positively about Villa at the moment, funnily enough.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2011, 05:04:07 PM »
Watched it on France 4. Wenger was in their commentary box.

1) A Young: petulant twat.
2) Walker. Played his socks off. Well done.
3) Petrov: has turned into Marty Feldman but he isn't funny either. Great goal at the end though.
4) Gabby: Could have had two cards like Ashley. Calm down.
5) 1-3 flatters us. It could so easily have been 2-2, or worse.

Wenger said that he could see the effects of Houllier's coaching when we tried to keep the ball. Fair play. But I'd like to see the effects of Houllier's coaching when we rampage through other teams' midfield and spank the fuckers to death. A lot to ask, I know.

6) Great to win away.
7) Triple Glenmorangies help you enjoy the football.
8) Nice to see football played on a muddy potato field instead of these hybrid woven things we have today.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2011, 05:04:13 PM »
The penalty gave them a lift but after the substitutions we were all over them and created several chances then the sending off brought them back into it again. Both were very harsh decisions but it seems to be the way things are going for us at the moment. All in all though a good solid win.

Offline Tony

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2011, 05:04:21 PM »
Good grief guys it's the cup, Arsenal drew at home to Leeds, Doncaster drew with Wolves, Burton beat 'Boro, Reading beat the Baggies yadda yadda yadda, we're through, it's a positive.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2011, 05:05:03 PM »
Pretty awful.

I'd hide all the knives and shoe laces in your house if i was you.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2011, 05:05:05 PM »
Pretty awful.

You clearly can't look at things objectively.

???

We played very poorly against a poor side in a division lower. How should I be looking at it?

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2011, 05:05:10 PM »

I still think the manager is crap because a; we're in the bottom 3, b; I got to all home matches and c; we struggled to beat Sheff Utd, who are crap, but made us look not that good.

Arsenal were made to look average against Leeds, it's the FA Cup, it happens.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal