collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone been to watch Bayern at the Allianz??  (Read 4571 times)

Offline Holte L2

Anyone been to watch Bayern at the Allianz??
« on: January 08, 2011, 12:21:15 AM »
I'm trying to get tickets for Bayern Munich v Dortmund on the 26th Feb but the official website says it's sold out.
Just wondered if anyone else had been before and brought tickets without getting ripped off and another outlet!??

Cheers

Offline jb91

Re: Anyone been to watch Bayern at the Allianz??
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 02:05:46 AM »
I haven't been to see Munich play at the Allianz, but I have bought tickets for Eintracht Frankfurt off ebay (at the club's recommendation) and there were zero problems to report. Except that I was amazed to pay £20 to a second hand seller, for Frankfurt's biggest game of the season. have seats on the half way line, and be allowed to drink beer during the game.

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 08:55:49 AM »
I went to see a Champs League match against Bruges (I think - Bosko Balaban was playing), and they drew one one (I think). Crap match, and Ballack was Mr Selfish all match. Great atmosphere and good to see standing areas. We were quite high up - so a great view of the moving camera on pulleys! My Wife's Aunt (who lives in Munich) bought the tickets for us. I can try and ask from where she sourced them?

Offline 144 Hard Boiled Eggs

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 09:15:13 AM »
We went to Munich for the w/e a couple of years back and the Bayern game was sold out (it was the last game in December before their Xmas break and so is usually difficult to get tickets for). We just got the train down to the ground and bought a couple of tickets as we came out of the station near the ground from a pleasent young lady at face value (I think they were 12.50 euros each. We paid her 27 euros total to cover her booking fee for which she kept apologising for - if only she knew the prices we pay in England!) We've done this many times at different German grounds with no problem. The beer and gluhwein sellers prowl the stands so drinking while watching the game is no problem (probably compulsory!)

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 07:36:53 PM »
Lennythekad is the man to ask.

Offline lennythekad

• GM : 25.01.2023
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 09:03:48 PM »
Went to Bayern v Werder Bremen in the German cup in October last year. As the crowd was 64000 plus, I managed to get tickets from the club with no problem, but the Dortmund game will be the biggest of the season at the Allianz with a 69900 crowd, so I'd say you'd have to use an agency, a tout, or get lucky before the game off a local.
You can keep checking the Bayern site daily, who use viagogo, which is the same as our seat exchange.com., for any spares. The well known agencies are pretty reliable I believe, but most won't post to England, but will deliver to your hotel in Munich.
If you decide to chance getting tickets outside the ground beforehand, catch the s-bahn or u-bahn from the city centre to Frotmanning station for the ground. There are people selling tickets at the top of the station steps, although how much and how many for this game, I don't know.
If you do get tickets beforehand, don't buy a train ticket to the ground and back, as your match ticket counts as your travel ticket.
Another idea may be to contact the German Villains supporters club and see if anybody there can help out in some way.

I don't know if you've been to any German grounds before, but if you can get tickets, try to go to a Dortmund home game. The South Stand, when it's full is an awesome site.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 10:57:25 AM »
Another idea may be to contact the German Villains supporters club and see if anybody there can help out in some way.
This is their website. There's a link to their Facebook page on the homepage and you could post your request there. LINK
The Allianz Arena (called Arroganz Arena by Bayern haters) is a great stadium. I hope you manage to get tickets.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 08:26:08 PM »
Hi Gents

Thanks very much for your responses.  I really apprecite it!  I've requested assitance from all of the source's you've reccomended.  I've also brought tickets to Augsburg in the 2nd Division as a Plan B.  At 12.50 each, I thought they'd be worth getting just to guarantee some football.  If we don't get in for Bayern we're going to do a Tour the day after the game.  Also going to do a tour of the Olympic Stadium on the Monday we leave and pay our respects to Cloughie!
The only downside is I'll be missing Blackburn at home.......that's also been a fixture I never thought I'd get the chance to attend!

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 12:02:54 AM »
Obviously Bayern v Dortmund would be a great fixture to attend if you can, but Augsburg is a lovely city with  lots of great pubs and the team only missed out on the Bundesliga in the play-offs. You'll enjoy it!

Offline charlie659

• Brian Little walks on water - FACT
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 08:02:40 PM »
If all else fails, just hop off the U6 at Fröttmaning and there are always plenty of opportunities to buy on the stroll to the Allianz.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 11:42:19 AM »
If all else fails, just hop off the U6 at Fröttmaning and there are always plenty of opportunities to buy on the stroll to the Allianz.

Cheers mate, have you any ideas how much I'll pay? I'm eager to go but don't want to end up forking out sill money!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal