collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sidwell to Fulham?  (Read 10375 times)

Offline Clark W Griswold

Re: Sidwell to Fulham?
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2011, 10:39:21 AM »
No offence to him but he won't be missed.  The fact that he earns (and probably will continue to earn ) 50k a week for his contributions sums up football today really.
And your views on the new manager/club paying £90,000 pw for Man Citeh's 3rd choice left back who is aged 29

Crazy if it's true.

I'd take Wayne Bridge if its a permanent 3 year deal on a third of those wages.
£90000 a week would be insanity, or anything close for that matter.

Offline ez

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2011, 11:24:42 AM »
Well done for selling him on. Thought he was here for the duration.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2011, 11:57:16 AM »
i have never been so happy to see the back of a player in my life...

i literally, danced a little jig when it was confirmed...

Offline Guy M

• Location: Maidenhead - less than an hour from Zeitgeist on a good day!
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2011, 11:58:28 AM »
I'm glad we have got him off the wage bill now hopefully we can go out and bring one in to replace him.
Yeah, but still initially for only 6 months with a view to a 4 year deal. Seems strange to me. He wasn't out of contract in the summer, was he?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 12:00:00 PM by Guy M »

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2011, 12:04:02 PM »
I'm glad we have got him off the wage bill now hopefully we can go out and bring one in to replace him.
Yeah, but still initially for only 6 months with a view to a 4 year deal. Seems strange to me. He wasn't out of contract in the summer, was he?

i think so. Doesn't say much for their confidence in his ability that they won't commit beyond 6 months.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 12:09:06 PM by gregnash »

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2011, 02:12:23 PM »
Most of us got him really badly wrong. So many people (myself included) thought he would be great for us but he only reached excellence in the field of ineffectiveness.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2011, 06:22:20 PM »
Most of us got him really badly wrong. So many people (myself included) thought he would be great for us but he only reached excellence in the field of ineffectiveness.

agreed,
 i thought he would be a great signing at the time and for the money,
as it turned out he would probably be in my all time top 6 of worst players i've ever seen at VP.

same goes for Ireland, thought he'd be the next Sid, could end up being the next sasa curcic,

then again i was telling everyone that would listen that Cook would be the weak link in the England team this winter !!
only evened up with my constant bigging Tremlet up over the last few years, so evens i suppose

it does just go to show how difficult it is sometimes when you cant just go and buy a top proven performer, you have to take risks, and some will come of and others not,

mind you Man City have spent big, and not got it right all the time, in fact i think there record is pretty poor, but i suppose it doesnt matter to them when its just monopoly money your playing with

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2011, 06:30:15 PM »
No offence to him but he won't be missed.  The fact that he earns (and probably will continue to earn ) 50k a week for his contributions sums up football today really.

Agree, he is an average footballer at best.

When he comes on from the bench he looks like he means business, bouncing about, correcting his shorts -- it's quite funny really...... !

Online atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2011, 06:41:49 PM »
I really did think we were getting a talented player but he spent so much time not wanting the ball that its hard to know if he actually has any talent apart from a talent to go missing. He did so very little during his time at Villa, although that goal away at Everton was a bit special.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2011, 06:43:57 PM »
£3.5 million? Bloody hell, Fulham really have got a bargain...

Offline villa1

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2011, 07:45:22 PM »
I thought he'd be a good signing too, based on his form at Reading. Was hoping he was going to recapture that.

Online spangley1812

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2011, 07:47:13 PM »
£3.5 million? Bloody hell, Fulham really have got a bargain...
we got less than half a mill for sidwell. the 3.5 deal being thrown around included the wages if he remains at fulham beyond the 6 month contract they signed him on, if they had really just paid 3.5 million they would have given him more that 6 months with an option to extend at clubs descretion.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal