collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa - Hodgson's gone  (Read 14195 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Re: 0% Villa - Hodgson's gone
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2011, 01:02:43 PM »
Hes ok is hodgson,you could do no worse than get him down the villa....he would do ok at your place,lesser expectations and all that.....just saying how i see it really....

Always a not so subtly disguised dig isn't there sheldon.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2011, 01:04:29 PM »
Hodgson is part of that group of managers that includes Curbishley, Allardyce (and I believe Coyle) who will always do well at a smallish Prem club but will struggle at a higher level.  I hope he doesn't end up here, my bet is Blackburn who he managed before ( I think).

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2011, 01:10:30 PM »
Let's hope King Kenny can work his magic and bring them even lower.  Why they think that all the foreign players at Liverpool will be inspired by this Anfield Legend I do no know.  Just heard some ex-scouse player saying this will give "the whole city a lift", why are Red Scouse fans such arrogant wankers?  Did anyone hear the reaction to Lawrie Sanchez saying they were no longer a "big club", spit the dummy? They nearly swallowed the dummy and shat it back out.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2011, 01:16:38 PM »
Dalglish in charge till end of the season. Hopefully it will end in tears like Keegan at Newcastle.

Yes Messiah retuens!

Offline N'Rexy

• GM : Jan, 2012
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2011, 01:24:02 PM »
That's one lot of players who got their Christmas wish. Let's see if our lot manage to do the same.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2011, 01:26:55 PM »
Hodgson could be at West Ham before long. Play football like they want, and history of keeping Fulham up when they looked all but down.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2011, 01:37:21 PM »
I'd have him over Houllier any day of the week.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2011, 02:17:19 PM »
I'd have him over Houllier any day of the week.

Particularly on a Saturday.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2011, 03:10:04 PM »
Hodgson had to go really,  poor performance after poor performance, then alienated the fans with your actions and comments.

You can't expect to stay in the job after that.

Oh wait.......................

Offline sheldon nose

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2011, 04:33:10 PM »
Hes ok is hodgson,you could do no worse than get him down the villa....he would do ok at your place,lesser expectations and all that.....just saying how i see it really....

Not at all mate,just think hodgson is a better manager than you have now....

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2011, 04:59:16 PM »
Let's hope King Kenny can work his magic and bring them even lower.  Why they think that all the foreign players at Liverpool will be inspired by this Anfield Legend I do no know.  Just heard some ex-scouse player saying this will give "the whole city a lift", why are Red Scouse fans such arrogant wankers?  Did anyone hear the reaction to Lawrie Sanchez saying they were no longer a "big club", spit the dummy? They nearly swallowed the dummy and shat it back out.

It was hilarious. John Aldridge nearly had a heart attack on the radio and cue loads of sanctimonious, pretentious bindippers phoning in to complain about Sanchez's comments..who went up in my estimation no end!

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2011, 05:30:29 PM »

Yeah, you lot would know all about lesser expectations.

A win next week and you can all go on an extended holiday. You'll have achieved your goal for the season.

The fact that GH is coming in for so much stick might give you a clue as to our expectations. Clue: they generally centre around more than staying up and the odd win against a local rival.

Though I'm sure if GH was B-lose manager and was able to deliver that level of heady  success you'd be having open top bus parades around the Town Hall.

Online The Left Side

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2011, 07:55:13 PM »
Such a shame they didn't get MoN in there, he could have taken a few of our deadwood of our hands. Still a tough start for Kenny, manure in the cup and then a derby game with Everton.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2011, 08:02:26 PM »
I have a lot of sympathy for Hodgeson. I think he is a very decent man and  manager, not surprised he hasnt survived the vipers nest that is Anfield, having Daglish hanging around and wanting your job didnt help.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2011, 08:06:26 PM »

Not at all mate,just think hodgson is a better manager than you have now....
Yeah, cos' Mcleish is so much better with his HOOFBALL tactics against every opposition...

I wish I was you Sheldon Nose. A Birmingham City supporter, such great knowledge of football and on a Villa forum regulary even on a Saturday evening declining all those hot women you would pull in the clubs because you'd rather be on here.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal