collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is the Villa making you depressed?  (Read 13944 times)

Offline villa1

Re: Is the Villa making you depressed?
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2011, 06:32:07 PM »
Its my second full season with season ticket.  And I thoroughly love going to every home game.  Results hurt, im not kidding you.  Sometimes you wonder why bother, tickets are expensive, and getting there takes time and money.  We are down to one income at home, as my wife is training to be a teacher now, plus we have found out we are expecting a baby this year.  While absolutely delighted (it will be a boy, it will be a striker, and it will be comfortable with left or right foot shooting....no pressure), practicalities determine I probably will have to give up my ST next year for the price and time involved.  And that guts me.  I love going to the ground, I still get that buzz when I see VP, thinking whovever we are facing, we have a chance of getting a result.  I love the ground. I love watching my team.  I love cheering them on, and the ST has meant being able to see players like Milner, Heskey, Downing etc develop and improve, something you cant see from odd games or on the telly.  And even better, watching Albrighton, Clark, Hogg, Herd, Lichai and Bannan come through from the youth... well, this is what football is really all about.  Seeing our team in the bottom three is bloody annoying.  Fuck this, we have a much better squad than some of the dirge around us.  It wasnt so many weeks since we were bossing Man Utd about in our patch.  SAF said it was the best team he had faced so far.  One flukey goal off someones arse and a lucky result will turn the season, its all about confidence.  We have the skill (generally) to drive up the league, we just need to light that touch paper.  Come on lads, get it going, so we can look back on the 2010-11 season and reminisce on how we went from bottom three to glory.   

I've got a 9 month old and still got my season ticket. Time isn't really an issue, although I appreciate the financial side of things can be!

We just have a good moan about it on the way home from eaxh game. Throw in a few expletives  and we feel much better.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2011, 06:32:18 PM »
This addiction, like all others
brings it highs and its lows
But there's always people worse off in life
Aren't there Sheldon Nose?

Offline pmk1981

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2011, 06:32:31 PM »
I'm so depressed im struggling to produce a solid poo

Offline montague

• GM : 13.12.2015
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2011, 06:33:30 PM »
How long have you followed the Villa The Situation? Over 40 years for me and believe me the bad times outweigh the good. Bad times invariably follow good with indecent haste. The problem now is that expectations were raised and it has to be said that the MON period for all its faults was almost unprecedented in my memory, certainly since the 70's, in terms of a consistent run of success in the league.

Offline pmk1981

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2011, 06:34:11 PM »
Ps . Is it sad that I check the Internet every hour to see if houllier has been sacked.  I don't know if I would feel as good as I did when that Irish twat left our club

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2011, 06:34:24 PM »
I'm so depressed im struggling to produce a solid poo
No such problems for me, i've just been and it was like a copper bolt.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2011, 06:37:29 PM »
Depressed... probably not, but it just feels that way seeing as I'm just getting over depression and with Villa doing so bad it's bringing back some symptoms of my depression. It's not affecting my life, it's just annoying and my life isn't as good as it is when Villa suck. I'm still the same person, just have less time for football lol.

Offline SteveD

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2011, 06:39:53 PM »
Is it sad that I check the Internet every hour to see if houllier has been sacked.

I'm cheered by the thought that maybe he is too.

Offline flybo

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2011, 06:56:28 PM »
Makes me sad and sometimes angry when Villa lose. Puts me in a bad mood for a couple days. Life moves on.

Offline pmk1981

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2011, 06:58:34 PM »
Is it sad that I check the Internet every hour to see if houllier has been sacked.

I'm cheered by the thought that maybe he is too.

I bet woy aka big bird is

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2011, 07:04:24 PM »
It's more the piss taking at school that gets me, because I would follow the Villa through thick and thin, like everyone else on here, but when you have everyone seemingly laughing it at you for it, that's when it hurts.

You and me both.

Offline pmk1981

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2011, 07:06:45 PM »
It's more the piss taking at school that gets me, because I would follow the Villa through thick and thin, like everyone else on here, but when you have everyone seemingly laughing it at you for it, that's when it hurts.

Hipkiss92 ?  School ?  Feck me I feel old. I got pants older than u lol
You and me both.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2011, 07:10:11 PM »
They get me down when we lose, but I’m excited about tomorrow and the prospect of new players.

Offline Linus

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2011, 07:38:58 PM »
Making?

Offline villa1

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2011, 07:43:53 PM »

You and me both.

Snap. I've got a nose in my class too!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal