collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by brontebilly
[Today at 09:53:18 AM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by brontebilly
[Today at 09:51:18 AM]

Re: COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by trinityoap
[Today at 09:49:17 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:47:46 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by LeeB
[Today at 09:40:54 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Astnor
[Today at 09:34:17 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 09:32:44 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Petrov pleads for harmony between GH and Big John  (Read 20853 times)

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Re: Petrov pleads for harmony between GH and Big John
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2011, 03:21:38 PM »
Carew might be off, Heskey banned for three games. Where are the goals going to come from?

Not Gabby.

If he's played up front he will. As he has done for the past four seasons.

If being the operative word.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2011, 03:22:09 PM »
Is he fit to play?

Offline TonyD

« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2011, 03:24:54 PM »
Quite frankly "shambles" doesn't even get close.    Pile of festering horse cock would be nearer the truth.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2011, 04:13:52 PM »
his days are numbered but we have got to get a striker in so let Carew go and see if we can get a replacement in.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2011, 06:31:49 PM »
Djibril Cisse.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2011, 07:40:14 PM »
Petrov is captain, it is not just Carew he should be talking to the other malcontents should be told by him, as captain, to keep their mouths shut and their opinions to themselves. Why is the press involved he should be speaking to Carew man to man.

Offline mozza

« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2011, 08:43:21 PM »
Is this the same Petrov that isn't bothered about progressing in the FA Cup ?
(according to the Meaning Evil) -

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2011, 08:49:30 PM »

Plus I read on the Evening mail that after the defeat he threw his captains armband on the floor "in disgust"

At what?

That is rubbish. He did no such thing.  As he was being subbed he took it off to give it to NRC however NRC was also going off so he flicked it towards Ash  and it fell short. Having said that passing the band was a bit like his play I agree!

I saw it deifferently - Petrov looked agrieved to be subbed and appeared to throw the armband on the floor in front of Ash - he then preceeded to storm off towards the bench - he tugged at his shirt as he was doing so - he then appeared to ignore to shake someones hand - he looked well pissed and to me that is also demonstrated by others in the team. Hou does appear to have failed to  impress a good deal of the squad . 

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2011, 10:18:38 PM »
i think sometimes a players reaction to coming off can be misinterpreted, i would be more concerned if he just walked off shook every ones hand and smiled.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2011, 10:28:21 PM »
I'd drop Petrov for Bannan, I thought we had missed him, but he wins as many headers as Bannan does and when it comes to skill there is only one winner.

I know we need experience, but Bannan will only get this by playing.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2011, 11:52:57 PM »
i think sometimes a players reaction to coming off can be misinterpreted, i would be more concerned if he just walked off shook every ones hand and smiled.

I didn't speak to my best mate for a week after he subbed me in a crucial sunday league cup match, with the game level, which we then lost in the last minute.

It doesn't mean shit, and yet with the micro-analysis of every match and club in the league you can see how easily all this gets blown out of all proportion.

Offline villa for life

« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2011, 12:06:41 AM »
There's so much dissent amongst the players now that it has crossed my mind whether they will "not try their best" in the cup game, hoping Houllier gets the sack afterwards. Petrov has already stated the league is more the focus.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2011, 01:49:34 AM »
Houllier said: "Myself and John spoke before the Manchester City game. He didn't feel up to playing. He had missed training for various reasons and needed to work on his fitness which he is doing now.

"I will be delighted to have him in the squad and to play. Am I happy with his attitude? John is grown-up. If he feels he is not fit enough for the game, I take that on board.

"We know John. He can be outstanding. He is a very likeable person. There is no fall-out between John and myself. I am sure he has been working on his fitness and doing well. I don't think he will be involved in the FA Cup game but at some stage after that. I trust him to be back as soon as he is ready. We need him anyway."

Offline Brian Taylor

« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2011, 02:05:10 AM »
Excellent an olive branch for Carew now
Get him out there, get the crosses in and the goals will come

with kisses on the bottom if that will help. xxxxxx
Where is his favourite friend now whn we need her?

Offline villa1

« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2011, 07:33:07 AM »

Plus I read on the Evening mail that after the defeat he threw his captains armband on the floor "in disgust"

At what?

That is rubbish. He did no such thing.  As he was being subbed he took it off to give it to NRC however NRC was also going off so he flicked it towards Ash  and it fell short. Having said that passing the band was a bit like his play I agree!

I saw it deifferently - Petrov looked agrieved to be subbed and appeared to throw the armband on the floor in front of Ash - he then preceeded to storm off towards the bench - he tugged at his shirt as he was doing so - he then appeared to ignore to shake someones hand - he looked well pissed and to me that is also demonstrated by others in the team. Hou does appear to have failed to  impress a good deal of the squad . 

From where I was sitting i'd go 100% with the first version of events. He definitely handed it to NRC. He then passed it onto Ash when he realised he was coming off too.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal