collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Petrov pleads for harmony between GH and Big John  (Read 20946 times)

Offline TimTheVillain

Re: Petrov pleads for harmony between GH and Big John
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2011, 12:35:08 PM »
I think Petrov needs to stop spouting off in the press and work on his fitness so after an hour in every game he isn't breathing out of his arse and as mobile as an OAP

Plus I read on the Evening mail that after the defeat he threw his captains armband on the floor "in disgust.

I bet it went backwards or sideways.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2011, 12:36:59 PM »
That's complete bollocks, Petrov threw his armband to Coker, who was then subbed off himself and he threw it i think to Ash

Offline eastie

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2011, 12:37:05 PM »
Both petrov and Carew were past their best before  o neill left and I wouldn't care if both left the club , neither are good enough anymore !

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2011, 12:39:33 PM »
That's complete bollocks, Petrov threw his armband to Coker, who was then subbed off himself and he threw it i think to Ash

Sounds like a fucking hot potato.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2011, 01:17:53 PM »
Words cannot fully describe my disdain for John Carew. His spectacular decline started long before this season started. He is the very epitome of what is wrong with the club at the moment, and I wish he'd just fuck right off as soon as possible. He brings nothing to the team any more, and is only a poster boy for the idiots that think that being caught in a lappers the night before a game is a sign of a legend, rather than a sign of a complete lack of respect for the club and its fans.

Absobloodylutely. I certainly can't find the words to fully describe my disdain for him. The president at Lyon was spot on about Carew when we bought him, good though that deal obviously was at the time....

Agree

Although when I posted on here at the start of the season that with carew it should be a case of good riddance to bad rubbish i got called a tosser

or was it the wife...

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2011, 01:20:14 PM »
Firstly, Petrov is our captain. He has a recorder shoved in his face, what is he supposed to do? If he refused to comment you would have people moaning about how the captain won't communicate with the fans. I get sick of all of these banal player comments as well, but i wouldnt blame the players, I'd blame whoever controls the media dept of the club and has them constantly churning out these comments.

It clearly is a case that the players have no respect for GH though. Can you imagine if Petrov had come out with something like that under MON.

Finally, I think we need to keep Carew. He is unbelievalby, frustratingly inconsistent, but when he is on form, he is almost unplayable. He always seemed to get most of his goals in 1 half of a season. I think if GH can maje up with him, or better still, he gets the boat and new man comes in, I think Carew's goals could power us up the league.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2011, 01:21:55 PM »
I'd loan Carew to west brom- more chance of them going down with that lazy sod in their team!

Too right and if Sidwell joins Wolves things really do look promising, perhaps, we could shift Salifou to Wigan, or even Petrov to West Ham, Harewood might even pull off a great one at Blackpool if things go well.

I still have hopes for Agents Ridgewell and Gardner too.

Yes, let's sell one of our strikers to a fellow relegation struggler. I can't think of anything more stupid. Can you imagine Blues loaning Wolves Nikola Zigic?

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2011, 01:22:07 PM »
http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2011/01/07/stiliyan-petrov-urges-gerard-houllier-to-kiss-and-make-up-with-john-carew-97319-27945735/

Amazing how Houllier seems to fall out with so many players.

Maybe he should read - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motivation-Dummies-UK-Gillian-Burn/dp/product-description/0470760354

Not every player agrees with you

http://tinyurl.com/3xcstrs

I didn't say every player.

It amazes me that the captain is making statements like this to the press in an attempt to create some harmony in the camp
Sorry to bang on about this on yet another thread.

He's not 'making statements to the press', the press have lifted his quotes from the interview that he is required to give to the Official Site.

Whether he should be saying what he is saying is another matter, but let's not make it sound like he's phoning up various journalists giving them soundbites.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2011, 01:25:28 PM »
I think Petrov needs to stop spouting off in the press and work on his fitness so after an hour in every game he isn't breathing out of his arse and as mobile as an OAP

Plus I read on the Evening mail that after the defeat he threw his captains armband on the floor "in disgust"

At what?

rumours are that when he threw it, it went backwards, straight into the opposition changing room, straight to their striker...

i really wish petrov would just shut the fuck up... maybe if he wasnt going about doing so many god damn interviews waffling shit that is then proven bollocks on the pitch, he might have some energy to actually move on the pitch...

precisely

Anyway at least he still has 2 1/2 years still to run on his contract

Phew

Offline Mr Diggles

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2011, 01:27:22 PM »
Words cannot fully describe my disdain for John Carew. His spectacular decline started long before this season started. He is the very epitome of what is wrong with the club at the moment, and I wish he'd just fuck right off as soon as possible. He brings nothing to the team any more, and is only a poster boy for the idiots that think that being caught in a lappers the night before a game is a sign of a legend, rather than a sign of a complete lack of respect for the club and its fans.

Very well put, sir.

But he did score 10 in 12 at the back end of last season didn't he?  I agree he's been shite this season and behaved with an appalling lack of professionalism too, but there are quite a few short memories regarding his form.  The claims that he was adding nothing to the team long before MON left are kind of at odds with the fact his best run of form since he joined came in 2010.

Have to say I agree with the former argument. Yes he did score a few goals at the end of last season, but from Jan onwards he scored 6 league goals that brought only 5 league points. I know that misses some of the goals he may have set up, but I honestly think you attach too much importance to those statistics. Maybe you refer to his form in the FA Cup, where he scored 6 goals on our way to the Semi. Only 2 of those were from open play though (4 p3nalties) - hardly inspiring. He bullied Reading in a fantastic 20 minute period, and that is about it.

What I saw whenever he played was a beast of a man who played like he didn't care about the team. I saw a team that, as soon as Carew was on the pitch, was tempted (possibly instructed) to just try to lump it up for him, hardly attractive football. I honestly think Carew's presence in the squad and team was holding the club back from real progression (not alone admittedly - he was symptomatic of a wider malaise I think). He could have been a great player, but he was not motivated enough of the time, and wasn't as useful for Villa last season certainly, as he should have been.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:31:19 PM by Mr Diggles »

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2011, 01:31:40 PM »

Very well put, sir.

But he did score 10 in 12 at the back end of last season didn't he?  I agree he's been shite this season and behaved with an appalling lack of professionalism too, but there are quite a few short memories regarding his form.  The claims that he was adding nothing to the team long before MON left are kind of at odds with the fact his best run of form since he joined came in 2010.

As for Petrov, if he threw his armband down then I don't mind - he cares about the club and we were in the process of slipping in to the relegation zone.  However all this washing of dirty laundry in public isn't helping anyone, even if it was the manager who set the precedent.

agreed 100% about carew. he scored 17 goals last season. His highest finish at the club where he has been top scorer for the last three. We need him back on side. Sure he is inconsistent but he can score.

I've been impressed with Petrov with this outburst. Putting his place in jeopardy by publicly asking for Carew and Houllier to sort out their differences. I think he is a genuine sort too Petrov so he probably has the club's best interests at heart. Some indictment of the manager though.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2011, 01:39:27 PM »
People who are having a pop at Carew should remember he has been the top scorer for the last 3 seasons.  Why can't this bloke see what a player he can be if handled in the right way? It beggars belief that having fuked up by swapping him once for the world beater Baros here he has an opportunity to redeem himself and he goes and fall out with the bloke AGAIN!!!!!  For fuk sake, how much more unprofessional are we going to look?  The players clearly don't respect the bloke otherwise Petrov wouldn't have done this.  Shit happens, it's a fact but he won't get it back in the dressing room as far as I can see, so he should go NOW!!!!

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2011, 01:51:15 PM »
I can't fucking stand this, if Carew is shipped out to WBA that is an act of gross negligence by Houllier - a dereliction of his duties

Offline stevenjos

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2011, 02:17:18 PM »
I think its best for everyone if houllier does one, a manager comes in who can motivate and we get our top scoring striker back.....

.... it wont happen though. Good luck at the baggies John.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2011, 02:17:54 PM »

Plus I read on the Evening mail that after the defeat he threw his captains armband on the floor "in disgust"

At what?

That is rubbish. He did no such thing.  As he was being subbed he took it off to give it to NRC however NRC was also going off so he flicked it towards Ash  and it fell short. Having said that passing the band was a bit like his play I agree!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal