collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Villa in Denmark
[Today at 06:32:28 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:32:23 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Paul.S
[Today at 06:29:35 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Petrov pleads for harmony between GH and Big John  (Read 20854 times)

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
Re: Petrov pleads for harmony between GH and Big John
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 12:06:00 PM »
I honestly don't think our senoir players have got a single ounce of respect for the manager.I seriously can't see us winning another game while GH is in charge their attitude stinks.They our humilliating our club with this shit :-[

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 12:07:32 PM »
Why the hell would we loan a player to help a rival avoid relagation? How stupid would we look if Carew scored the goals that keep the Boggies up whilst we go down?
Are they mad?  If he goes it beggars belief... Fuck it.

What Fergal said.

I'm beginning to think I've been dragged into a parallel universe here.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 12:08:20 PM »
I don't think it'd be a bad thing for Carew to bugger off to some other team, though to West Brom as a loan would be insanity.

He's been ok on the goal-scoring front, but he strolls casually around the pitch, all too often looking like he'd rather be somewhere else, all the while having his name chanted, when he rarely does anything to deserve it. This goes back far before Houllier, far before he was even at the Villa. Any fan of the clubs he's played for before will say the same thing about Carew, he's good for the first 18 months or so, then he gets bored of the local strip joints and looks complacent before he moves on to fresh territory.

What really annoys me though, is that for all his faults, we don't have a decent alternative, and from what we've seen, Houllier doesn't seem to have even tried to keep him on side, Carew was wrote off as soon as the twat we have in charge walked through the door.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 12:10:11 PM »
Words cannot fully describe my disdain for John Carew. His spectacular decline started long before this season started. He is the very epitome of what is wrong with the club at the moment, and I wish he'd just fuck right off as soon as possible. He brings nothing to the team any more, and is only a poster boy for the idiots that think that being caught in a lappers the night before a game is a sign of a legend, rather than a sign of a complete lack of respect for the club and its fans.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 12:10:36 PM »
I'd loan Carew to west brom- more chance of them going down with that lazy sod in their team!

Too right and if Sidwell joins Wolves things really do look promising, perhaps, we could shift Salifou to Wigan, or even Petrov to West Ham, Harewood might even pull off a great one at Blackpool if things go well.

I still have hopes for Agents Ridgewell and Gardner too.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 12:11:16 PM »
Words cannot fully describe my disdain for John Carew. His spectacular decline started long before this season started. He is the very epitome of what is wrong with the club at the moment, and I wish he'd just fuck right off as soon as possible. He brings nothing to the team any more, and is only a poster boy for the idiots that think that being caught in a lappers the night before a game is a sign of a legend, rather than a sign of a complete lack of respect for the club and its fans.

Very well put, sir.

Offline koreanmeatballs

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 12:11:39 PM »
Didn't Carew say he has ambitions to play in every major domestic league? There must be a German side out there who wants him. Don't give him to West Brom for fuck sake.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 12:15:27 PM »
Whether the players like him or not I wish they would shut up for 5 minutes and remember it's the club that employs them and pays the wages and maybe they should act and play accordingly...oh and it would be nice for the fans as well if they could put in a performance or two.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 12:17:18 PM »
All these Villa player stories and Villa manger stories constantly hitting the press proves one thing above anything else.
THE CLUB IS IN FUCKING TURMOIL.
The players, the manager, the staff, from top to toe, it is in turmol.
I think they all need to shut the fuck up, and do their talking in the transfer market (if the tosser is to continue to be the manager) and on the pitch.
JUST ALL SHUT THE FUCK UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 12:18:11 PM »
i honestly think these players have had it so easy for so long...  Some of them have been crap for years even under MON..
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 12:20:17 PM by JUAN PABLO »

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 12:20:11 PM »

Absobloodylutely. I certainly can't find the words to fully describe my disdain for him. The president at Lyon was spot on about Carew when we bought him, good though that deal obviously was at the time....

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 12:26:20 PM »
http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2011/01/07/stiliyan-petrov-urges-gerard-houllier-to-kiss-and-make-up-with-john-carew-97319-27945735/

Amazing how Houllier seems to fall out with so many players.

Maybe he should read - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motivation-Dummies-UK-Gillian-Burn/dp/product-description/0470760354

Not every player agrees with you

http://tinyurl.com/3xcstrs

I didn't say every player.

It amazes me that the captain is making statements like this to the press in an attempt to create some harmony in the camp.

Carew was onto a loser at Villa as soon as Houllier joined, we all knew that but hoped his paranoia would go away for the sake of the club.

It hasn't obviously.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2011, 12:32:03 PM »
I think Petrov needs to stop spouting off in the press and work on his fitness so after an hour in every game he isn't breathing out of his arse and as mobile as an OAP

Plus I read on the Evening mail that after the defeat he threw his captains armband on the floor "in disgust"

At what?

rumours are that when he threw it, it went backwards, straight into the opposition changing room, straight to their striker...

i really wish petrov would just shut the fuck up... maybe if he wasnt going about doing so many god damn interviews waffling shit that is then proven bollocks on the pitch, he might have some energy to actually move on the pitch...

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2011, 12:34:16 PM »
Money, money, money.

Must be funny,

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal