collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What's gone wrong since Jan 2009?  (Read 21744 times)

Offline hipkiss92

Re: What's gone wrong since Jan 2009?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 08:11:54 PM »
Randy's given up.

I think his reaction to the equaliser on Sunday begs to differ.

Offline pav

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 08:14:30 PM »
I think he's scratching his head , not given up entirely , some of us on here have given up

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 08:36:26 PM »
Randy's given up.

And that proved what exactly? 

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 08:39:25 PM »
Randy's given up.

Saying he has given up suggests that his heart is no longer in the club, and that he would have little interest in the clubs current situation. To me that response would prove the opposite.

Offline Sutton_Villa23

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 08:43:33 PM »
i'm fed up with this MON blame culture - its complete bollocks. Yes, he walked out the week the season was starting but fucking hell, these people are proffesional football players. Instead of making KMac manager until Xmas we jumped the gun and got in that fucking clown Houllier who is taking us down. So thats when it went wrong....

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 08:47:24 PM »
i'm fed up with this MON blame culture - its complete bollocks. Yes, he walked out the week the season was starting but fucking hell, these people are proffesional football players. 

I could'nt agree with you more if i tried.

Offline puppyfeat

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 09:09:02 PM »
Yes, he walked out the week the season was starting but fucking hell, these people are proffesional football players.
The logical conclusion to that argument is that they shouldn't need a manager at all.

Offline Risso

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2011, 09:14:22 PM »
Randy's given up.

Saying he has given up suggests that his heart is no longer in the club, and that he would have little interest in the clubs current situation. To me that response would prove the opposite.

In the last year he hasn't spent any proper money on new players, has sold our best player and appointed a cheap, shit manager.  But he got all excited at Chelsea, so thats OK.  Even my Bolton supporting inlaws cheered when we equalized, it was an exciting game.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 09:16:34 PM »
Randy's given up.

In the last year he hasn't spent any proper money on new players, has sold our best player and appointed a cheap, shit manager.
Shit, quite possibly.

But apparently Houllier is anything but cheap.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2011, 09:19:50 PM »
Randy's given up.

In the last year he hasn't spent any proper money on new players, has sold our best player and appointed a cheap, shit manager.  But he got all excited at Chelsea, so thats OK.  Even my Bolton supporting inlaws cheered when we equalized, it was an exciting game.

And the lack of funds is in no way down to MON refusing to trim wage budget and effectivley pushing Milner out of the exit door, the Man City owners coming and vastly over inflating player prices and wages, and the global recession which even he and the club aren't going to be immune to?

For all the comments saying that we wanted to hear more from Lerner, these images of him speak louder than any PR-spun words ever could.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 09:22:14 PM by hipkiss92 »

Offline Risso

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 09:21:44 PM »
Randy's given up.

In the last year he hasn't spent any proper money on new players, has sold our best player and appointed a cheap, shit manager.
Shit, quite possibly.

But apparently Houllier is anything but cheap.

He's even dafter than I thougt then.

Offline villa1

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2011, 09:27:40 PM »
The claret sock's need a mention!

Seconded.

Offline mikeb1982

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2011, 09:33:23 PM »
Bluntly, the money ran out. We spent a hell of a lot of money trying to improve on 6th with less and less progress. MON wanted more spending and when he didn't get it he surmised that this team had peaked and he couldn't stop the rot with limited funds. This isn't the first time we've gone from flying high to near relegation in a couple of seasons and its usually down to players leaving, other players getting past it, and replacements not being good enough. We've had all three in spades

Is it just the money ran out or did MON piss rather a lot of it away and make RL reluctant to give him more?

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2011, 09:39:20 PM »
Bluntly, the money ran out. We spent a hell of a lot of money trying to improve on 6th with less and less progress. MON wanted more spending and when he didn't get it he surmised that this team had peaked and he couldn't stop the rot with limited funds. This isn't the first time we've gone from flying high to near relegation in a couple of seasons and its usually down to players leaving, other players getting past it, and replacements not being good enough. We've had all three in spades

Is it just the money ran out or did MON piss rather a lot of it away and make RL reluctant to give him more?

well he did piss rather a lot away - its best not to think how much we've lost on people like MFH, Davies,and Sidwell. However, i am beginning to think that Lerner believed so totally in MON that he gambled on getting into the CL and when that didn't materialise he's been forced to close his wallet. I mean 40m losses are unsustainable for all but the richest owners

Offline ClarrieBlue

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2011, 09:43:23 PM »
Just read this article. With tongue in cheek it suggests how you would go about sabotaging a club and certainly answers the thread question in part ie Whats gone wrong?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1344710/The-Midlander-Much-Houllier-soap-opera-Villa-really-slide-trapdoor.html

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal