collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:14:59 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:06:45 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Chris Harte
[Today at 09:05:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 12 Months On  (Read 2161 times)

Offline remy

• Claret & Blue Flag ALWAYS flapping
12 Months On
« on: January 06, 2011, 02:18:01 PM »
Once you get over the rage from the night before, the red mist clears and you can write without expletives!

General opinion on these boards have shifted from the 'give Ged time to stamp his own on the team' to 'Sack him now'. And that noise is deafening.

Im looking at 12 months ago when we had played 21 games in the league and it read WON 10, Drew 6 and lost 5 with a +12 goal difference. We had just drew 0-0 with Zola's West Ham and sat nicely in 6th place.  The line up for that game read:

Friedel
Cuellar Dunne Collins Warnock
Downing Milner Petrov Young
Gabby Heskey

Now look at last night's line up (I know gabby & young switched):

Friedel
Cuellar Dunne Collins Clark
Downing ReoCoker Petrov Young
Gabby Heskey

So minus a shit Warnock and a sold Milner its the same 9 that played miles better 12 months ago. Now is it Ged the Red's tactics, formation, motivation technique, training, arrogance, man management - WHAT IS IT ??!!!!

I think the way the guy joined the club and his allegiences to the Red shite have all been wrong which has also alienated the players. I think his methods are Taylor-esque (MKII) in that he is behind in thinking in the modern dressing room.

From the noises within the club I think we are stuck with him unless we are adrift in the bottom 3, out of the cups, beaten in the derbies and attendances way, way down. I think then he will be sacked and then a caretaker to 'try' and save us from relegation.

Cant keep bleating on about how MON left us in the shit. Thats yesterday's news. We must move on. And that means staying up this season no matter what. If he has any sense (please borrow a brain cell from the tea lady Ged) and play the kids against the blades so the senior numpties are fresh for the Knuckledraggers.

If we are relegated it would be a complete disaster for the fans, club and the city, aswell as Lerner's plans for the club.

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
Re: 12 Months On
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 02:35:16 PM »
Im looking at 12 months ago when we had played 21 games in the league and it read WON 10, Drew 6 and lost 5 with a +12 goal difference. We had just drew 0-0 with Zola's West Ham and sat nicely in 6th place.  The line up for that game read:

Friedel
Cuellar Dunne Collins Warnock
Downing Milner Petrov Young
Gabby Heskey

Now look at last night's line up (I know gabby & young switched):

Friedel
Cuellar Dunne Collins Clark
Downing ReoCoker Petrov Young
Gabby Heskey

So minus a shit Warnock and a sold Milner its the same 9 that played miles better 12 months ago. Now is it Ged the Red's tactics, formation, motivation technique, training, arrogance, man management - WHAT IS IT ??!!!!

There is a difference: yesterday was the second time GH had the opportunity to field that side. MON could play that side almost every match at the start of last season.

Chelsea are also now playing the same side as the one that performed so brilliant last season. They don't do too well (by their standards). Is the difference that their manager last year was fantastic, but the one they have got this year is clueless?

Offline remy

• Claret & Blue Flag ALWAYS flapping
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 02:49:03 PM »
I dont remember that side playing as badly as they did last night under MON.

Also, the other players Ged has used have all performed consistently badly. Goodbye top 6, Hello bottom 3.

Offline BILL DE VALL

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 03:17:10 PM »
reading around on this site and i think there are 2 main threads of thought

tatically:a lot of posters on here are at a loss as to why we lined up like we did last night,and the lack of changes in style /personnel

Morale:a few fallings out with players etc-are they really willing to give it all for GH?

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 03:35:02 PM »
I dont remember that side playing as badly as they did last night under MON.

Also, the other players Ged has used have all performed consistently badly. Goodbye top 6, Hello bottom 3.
Agree Remy.
We had our duff games under MON, but last night was the sort of horror show we used to consistenly get served up under Billy McNeil in 86/87.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal