collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kyle Walker  (Read 37184 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Kyle Walker
« Reply #165 on: January 09, 2011, 12:00:30 AM »
In a season of unrelenting shitness and largely justified misery, it'd be nice to take this as it was for now - a very promising debut from a young full back.

All this boo hoo we're developing Spurs' players for them is nonsense. We're 18th in the league for fuck's sake. I'd develop Small Heath's players for them if it meant we got out of the relegation places.

And as for the person who posted OMG IT WASNT EVEN HOULLIER WHO SIGNED HIM, THE SCOUTS MADE HIM TAKE HIM - that's the most idiotic, fuckwitted comment I've seen on here for a very long time.

Completely agree on both points of that post.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #166 on: January 09, 2011, 12:01:23 AM »
I don't want to be a grump but lets see how he plays in the next ten games before we clamour to sign him. He played well today and looks the dogs but we have had debutants play well and then disappear later on. <cough> Petrov, Warnock <cough>

Offline philsheard

« Reply #167 on: January 09, 2011, 12:41:51 AM »
he was excellent going forward but if, next sunday, he gives the ball away like he did twice today and tries to dribble past the opposition when he's nearer to his own box than the halfway line, then he's gonna drop us in it.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #168 on: January 09, 2011, 12:45:13 AM »
Lovely first goal and started the attack for our 3rd. It's gonna be hilarious watching him tear Agent Ridgewell another one.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #169 on: January 09, 2011, 12:46:33 AM »
It was a very good debut.  He won't have had much time to train and get to know his new team mates, so it was nice to see him slot in well.  He'll have harder games of course, but you can't ask for much more than a goal and a decent performance from a debutant who has been been playing Championship football.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #170 on: January 09, 2011, 01:07:04 AM »
In a season of unrelenting shitness and largely justified misery, it'd be nice to take this as it was for now - a very promising debut from a young full back.

All this boo hoo we're developing Spurs' players for them is nonsense. We're 18th in the league for fuck's sake. I'd develop Small Heath's players for them if it meant we got out of the relegation places.

And as for the person who posted OMG IT WASNT EVEN HOULLIER WHO SIGNED HIM, THE SCOUTS MADE HIM TAKE HIM - that's the most idiotic, fuckwitted comment I've seen on here for a very long time.

I'll give you one guess as to who that was. It isn't a trick question either.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2011, 01:17:41 AM »
Excellent debut. Well done Houllier. Now keep the quality coming in ..............

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #172 on: January 09, 2011, 10:44:21 AM »
Only saw ITV highlights but looked great. Very quick, skillful and composed. If he continues like that, will Spurs give him up? I doubt it, and how gaulling would that be?

Offline citizenDJ

• GM : 28.05.2020
« Reply #173 on: January 09, 2011, 12:16:54 PM »
Not that I've seen anything of him before yesterday, really, but I was surprised at how tall he is - I think I may have confused him with Naughton? Anyway, a good debut, and a good game for him to get up to speed and learn a bit of something about his team-mates in a competitive match.

Good luck to him, I reckon.

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2011, 12:28:29 PM »
Has anyone seen a reliable link to whether we have a buy clause in the loan deal? Or is that just wishful thinking?

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2011, 12:30:59 PM »
And now we are loaning Tottenham's reserve players!  This is beyond the joke.

EDIT:  And to think that people were debating whether or not to sign Beckham.  As if he would even give us a second glance.  No, this is our level, Kyle flippin Walker.

Same opinion?

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #176 on: January 09, 2011, 12:42:35 PM »
Has anyone seen a reliable link to whether we have a buy clause in the loan deal? Or is that just wishful thinking?

I buy clause is only any use if you have already agreed a provisional price.

Offline BILL DE VALL

« Reply #177 on: January 10, 2011, 03:47:18 PM »
He did well overall -very good goal-and looked really up for it(although that may have more to do with going back to Brammal lane)
I hope he does well for us-it's a bit of a shame for Eric Lichaj though as Kyle will doubtless limit his chances of 1st team football

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal