collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Breaking news on ssn - Houllier job safe  (Read 31611 times)

Offline Greg N'Ash

Re: Breaking news on ssn - Houllier job safe
« Reply #120 on: January 06, 2011, 10:22:16 PM »
Can't say i think his job is safe.  If we're doing as badly at the end of this month he'll be gone. Randy is giving him as much time as possible to turn things around to avoid sacking him and having us join the likes of Newcastle and Blackburn as national laughing stocks. February will be the tipping point as a new coach could still have a decent punt at keeping us up.

Offline dl9

• It all began vs Eintracht Frankfurt......
« Reply #121 on: January 06, 2011, 10:24:44 PM »
Being entitled to do something does not always make it a bright thing to do, Small Rodent. For example, you could buy a new car and then set fire to it because it needed a new set of tyres!

Any room for a French & Scottish double act in that car before it goes up in flames?

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2011, 10:25:34 PM »
lose to blose and i wonder if RL will hold his nerve

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #123 on: January 06, 2011, 10:26:10 PM »
Can't say i think his job is safe.  If we're doing as badly at the end of this month he'll be gone. Randy is giving him as much time as possible to turn things around to avoid sacking him and having us join the likes of Newcastle and Blackburn as national laughing stocks. February will be the tipping point as a new coach could still have a decent punt at keeping us up.

He'd better hope it doesn't come to that. Rightly or wrongly, if Houllier gets sacked in February, whether we stay up or go down, it's going to look an awful lot like he's attempted to go another transfer window without dipping into his pockets.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #124 on: January 06, 2011, 10:38:06 PM »

He'd better hope it doesn't come to that. Rightly or wrongly, if Houllier gets sacked in February, whether we stay up or go down, it's going to look an awful lot like he's attempted to go another transfer window without dipping into his pockets.

yep. i don't think we'll go down but we're definetely not too good to go down and i hope RL doesn't think that. He needs to back him financially because the weaknesses in some areas of the pitch just can't be ignored whoever is manager. If a new guy comes in after the transfer window and has to make do with GH's signings then so be it

Online eric woolban woolban

« Reply #125 on: January 06, 2011, 11:08:06 PM »
Not lost a derby match yet...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 11:09:57 PM by eric woolban woolban »

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #126 on: January 06, 2011, 11:10:24 PM »

Except the last time we played Blues.

Offline dl9

• It all began vs Eintracht Frankfurt......
« Reply #127 on: January 06, 2011, 11:12:53 PM »

And the prize for the most ominous post of the week goes to.........

(Despite a certain cup exit back on Dec 1st)

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #128 on: January 07, 2011, 09:34:52 AM »
I'm so glad that Randy and the board are running our club rather than the majority of lynch-mob minded, Radio WM presenter soundalikes (you know, the ones who thought it was a "blessing" when the club captain suffered an injury earlier in the season) that have been posting here.

For a proportion (I believe a minority) of the crowd to respond to conceding a goal that was due mainly to us being reduced to playing 10 against 11 (when it clearly should have been 10 v 10) with chants of "you're getting sacked in the morning" was truly incredible. Had that shot hit the post, had Heskey's chance that hit the bar gone in etc. etc. then many of the same sheep-like idiots would have been going home smiling.

We frequently bemoan the lack of success football-wise in this area - I think we get what a minority of the support (those who form their opinions from "Franksey", "Rego" and other assorted Radio WM know-nothings) deserve and, indeed, help to come to pass.

I also considered the future of the season ticket I've had in the same seat in the Lower Holte since the stand was built (my support goes back to 1964 not just 1990!). However, the reason was that I couldn't bear the thought of being on the same side as these "unsupporters" who do not know how to back their team when they need it. Then I realised that most people around me shared my opinion - and probably don't post on here!

No doubt I'll get a warning from a moderator for slanging you all, especially as this only my 5th post!!!

Yawn.

We've already had a 'it's so called Villa fans wot did it' blamefest.

Get some original material.

Can't see anything you said there being worth a ban or a warning though.
If you want to embarrass yourself further go ahead.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #129 on: January 07, 2011, 09:58:59 AM »
I saw Houllier on Match of the day and he said if we had won they would have been chanting my name!!

I think not mate.

Problem is what do we do? Is there anyone that can come in now knowing what we need? The last thing we want is to sign nobody in Jan, Maybe loan deals are the way forward for now and then we don't end up stuck with players another manager might not want?. I know one thing we need a striker we look woeful up front, there isn't enough firepower between Heskey & Agbonlahor, We need somoene to come in and give us a lift that's for sure

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #130 on: January 07, 2011, 10:08:57 AM »
I saw Houllier on Match of the day and he said if we had won they would have been chanting my name!!
I was chanting his name on the final whistle, although I did add 'FUCK OFF' at the front of it.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #131 on: January 07, 2011, 10:20:14 AM »
When I was 18 I was going to away matches in the old second division. When I was 14 to 16 I was going to away matches in the old third division, using money earned on a paper round to pay my fair on the train. !!

All very noble, I'm sure. But you find me a 14 year old kid today who could fund a season of following Villa away on the proceeds of a paper round.

If clubs want to charge 40 quid to watch football that's up to them, but they should understand that fans will be much quicker to show their disapproval if they've paid 40 quid to be insulted by lazy bastard players rather than 20 quid.

What were you doing when you were 17, by the way?

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #132 on: January 07, 2011, 01:22:25 PM »
GH was just asked at the press conference if 'he' was worried about his job and his answer was
"#avfc A: I belong to this exclusive private club of four people under great pressure and I'm delighted to be in such company"
Matt Kendricks twitter update, he's at the press conference!

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #133 on: January 07, 2011, 01:24:34 PM »
Nice to see 'he' is taking our crisis seriously! What a joke! Can't actually find 'the words to sum up how pissed off I am with him right now!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal