collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Gareth
[Today at 09:40:00 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 09:38:03 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:30:40 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 09:26:55 PM]

Diego Carlos by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:23:18 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Drummond
[Today at 09:20:21 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by algy
[Today at 09:18:36 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by AV84
[Today at 09:01:25 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Today's bullshit from Pravda: 6.1.11  (Read 3943 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Today's bullshit from Pravda: 6.1.11
« on: January 06, 2011, 09:05:39 AM »
Houllier extremely frustrated after Sunderland defeat

Gerard Houllier on Black Cats loss.

I'm on day 6 of 10 of my maths course today so will post the rest of their spin later this evening unless anyone else is kind enough to add it to this thread. I'm so glad I'm not at work.

Offline claretandblue barmy

Re: Today's bullshit from Pravda: 6.1.11
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 09:19:24 AM »
Last night he admitted we're in a relegation battle !!!  No Shit Sherlock !!  No that should be No Shit Inspector Clouseau

Offline alanclare

• Went to school in Aston
  • GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 09:48:58 AM »
Here is the full article. It would make a suitable text for an English A-Level question: "The following is an apology by a football manager following a totally inept display by his team. Analyse, and in your own words, write an account of what actually happened."

Gerard Houllier admitted he was extremely frustrated by Villa's defeat at the hands of Sunderland - but insists his players will maintain their belief as they battle to get out of the bottom three.The manager saw the golden chance and dismissal of Emile Heskey as the major turning points in the 1-0 set-back although he was pleased with the team's efforts to get back into the game.

He said: "We had an opportunity to step up in the league."I think there were two moments which were extremely crucial. One was when Emile unfortunately missed a sitter and put it on the bar. The second was when he was sent off. His dismissal was a key moment in the game when the two teams were very close to each other. We had chances in the first half, they had a couple of chances early in the second half. But we were getting back into the game and Emile was playing a very good game.

"It [the dismissal] was a shame because I was just about to make some changes. With Emile leaving, we had to put Gabby up front. I thought we were getting a bit better. I very much take into account the players reacted. They were a bit lucky because for the goal the ball went through practically four or five players.

"But I liked the reaction of the players - I liked their efforts - they put everything into getting back. In the end, I think they didn't deserve to lose. At the moment it's difficult. I must say we need just to keep our chins up and keep going. What we need at the moment is to keep the morale, keep the confidence and make sure the next game we can limit the damage because we have some big, big games coming up."

Houllier praised the vocal support of the fans in urging the team on after they had been reduced to 10 men and Phil Bardsley had fired the visitors ahead.
He added: "They were fantastic. But I understand their frustration. The players can't complain about the fans because every time we were under the cosh or every time we were looking to get back into the game, they were pushing and supporting the team.

"The supporters were good. For them, I would have loved to equalise just for them because they were practically sucking us forward."

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 10:51:39 AM »
Don't know how to do links but apparently the players are devastated and guess what ? want to get the season back on track

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 11:13:29 AM »

What we need at the moment is to keep the morale, keep the confidence and make sure the next game we can limit the damage because we have some big, big games coming up."

The players have no confidence and limit the damage he should be saying we are going to do all we can to get a win.

Offline villarob

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 03:24:21 PM »
"But I liked the reaction of the players - I liked their efforts - they put everything into getting back. In the end, I think they didn't deserve to lose"

It seemed to me that we huffed and puffed when they went down to 10 men. I can't see the point of Collins and Dunne up front leaving Ashley Young & Barry Bannon at the back.

Did anyone see Nathan talking to the fans by the Holte, clearly telling them that he didn't understand why he wasn't sent on as a forward rather than putting 2 centre halves up top.

It is bad enough losing but this bloke is in denial.

Offline Legion

« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 04:51:33 PM by Legion »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 04:54:46 PM »
Ha ha, good luck trying to flog hospitality packages bozos!

I see it was Clark's turn for the "determined to put things right" statement.  They must have all come out with that after the last 3 months now.

Offline Legion

Offline villa1

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 06:36:07 PM »
Why does he keep saying the fans were brilliant! We weren't. It was pretty much dead again. The whole place just stinks of apathy.

Offline villa1

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 06:38:59 PM »

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 06:48:58 PM »
"What we need at the moment is to keep the morale, keep the confidence and make sure the next game we can limit the damage because we have some big, big games coming up."
What a load of bollox.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal