collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 01:39:14 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:35:13 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 01:39:14 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:35:13 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 01:31:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Nev
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:17:42 PM]

Re: Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 01:05:47 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mackems viewpoint.  (Read 5630 times)

Offline flan

Mackems viewpoint.
« on: January 06, 2011, 08:41:32 AM »
Morning all, your lot were unlucky last night. Had Heskeys sitter gone in then it'd have been a different story. You were beaten by a wonder goal (considering who scored it), but i dont think you should worry about relegation too much, still a long way to go and your a lot better than many teams down there.
Though I would be worried why Houllier seems unable to identify who is a winger and who is a forward.
The game wasnt all good for us either, Meyler, who has just returned from 8 months out, now looks to be out for another 6 with same problem. Welbeck could be out for a month and Zenden suspended means we are short on numbers for the pending visit of our neighbours in a week and a half.
Good luck with the rest of the season.

Offline Chris Harte

Re: Mackems viewpoint.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 08:44:58 AM »
Though I would be worried why Houllier seems unable to identify who is a winger and who is a forward.
You, me and about 30,000 others then.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Game
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 08:52:38 AM »
Cheers mate, good luck against fucking horrible Newcastle. If Gyan can't get in your team, can we have him please?

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 08:56:39 AM »
You, me and about 30,000 others then.

If that refers to the Gabby/Young arrangement then I'm with you 100%.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 08:57:07 AM »
A classy post and thank you, always liked Sunderland and their fans, and you have reminded me why!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Game
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 08:59:52 AM »
They're certainly the class side in the North East. Good history too but you'd never know it due to the media obsession with Pukecastle and the Bestest Fans in the World (TM)

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 09:02:25 AM »
Nice post Flan. Good luck for the rest of the season .......

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 09:02:39 AM »
Gabby left wing, Downing Right Wing, Young up front, Clark left back & Cuellar at right back meant half of our outfield players we're not playing in their strongest positions IMO.

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 09:05:30 AM »
Good luck for the rest of the season Flan. I wouldn't be too confident about Bruce(never called him that before) as he has shown a great talent for putting a balanced team together with some great long-term players who get better.
Trouble is, he usually ends up going into reverse and doing the opposite. Doing very well so far-hope you get revenge on Toon.

Offline flan

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 09:09:14 AM »
I'm afraid we'll need Gyan now Welbeck looks to be crocked. A nice replacement to have admittedly.
And yes it was Gabby/Young I referred to. As silky as young can look on the ball, he seemed ineffective in a free role. Gabby always causes us problems (apart from getting red carded last season if i remember true) so was chuffed to see him stuck out wide.
And as for our up and coming derby, I hate derby days. No sleep the night before and we usually end up losing regardless of form.

Offline BILL DE VALL

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 12:47:36 PM »
Flan
Shame about your lad Meyler-hope he gets fixed up soon
You might have to get your passports sorted for next seasons UEFA cup adventures!

Offline sfx412

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 12:52:01 PM »
Gabby left wing, Downing Right Wing, Young up front, Clark left back & Cuellar at right back meant half of our outfield players we're not playing in their strongest positions IMO.

Did you never watch a Mon team play, its nothing new, at least it showed some attempt to change tactics, a pity he didn't change them again, but maybe he doesn't feel the players are good enough.

Nice of flan to say we were unlucky, thing is your lot scored we put it over from 4 yards.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 12:52:12 PM »

MON, weaknesses - Players out of position, no plan B, substitutions made too late to make an impact on the game.

Last night....

Oh yeah, good luck for rest of season...

Offline flan

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 01:20:25 PM »
Nowt more frustrating than players out of position, we've had more than our fair share of that over the years. Fortunately now in bruce we seem to have an ability to change formation depending on whether we are on the offensive or defensive. Welbeck and Elmohamedy(who i thought was a bit jaded last night) are two good examples of this. It turns our 4-4-2 defensive into 4-3-3 offensive. but certain players dont adapt, as you are seeing with young/downing/gabby.
I don't think GH will change but I dont think he'll take you down.

Offline jembob

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 01:33:19 PM »
flan. Thanks for a bit of optimism, there's not much of that around here at the moment. From my viewpoint, a half decent performance from our squad should have beaten you last night but we can't seem to even manage mediocrity at the moment and that's why many around here are seriously worried about Houllier. I thought that Zenden's sending off was disgraceful last night - the second yellow happened right in front of us and it was a foul at most. I can't even remember him being booked first time around so it couldn't have been that sinister. Decisions like that become very expensive when you have mounting injury problems. What was you view of the officials last night? I thought they were very very poor and the worst we've seen at VP this season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal