collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa fans attitude  (Read 8390 times)

Offline TimTheVillain

Re: Should we look at ourselves?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 09:52:05 AM »
As I see it, over 30,000 Villa fans paid ( in some form or another) to watch Villa play last night and what they got was utter shyte from their team.

I'm sure the fans went to the game with positive expectations, but VP is quite a depressing place of late - as soon as you take your seat the feeling of anxiety comes over you.

Question marks over all sorts of players / team formation etc take the mind over.

It's as if, the fans are expecting a crap display and in truth, are usually getting one.

The air of despondency needs clearing and QUICKLY.

Only another change of Manager will make that happen - Houllier lost it a while ago.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 10:07:34 AM »
Tonight for example, down to 10 men, conceded a goal to a strike Bardlsey has only ever dreamed of, and yet almost immediately the "YOUR GETTING SACKED IN THE MORNING" songs began. THIS WAS THE LOUDEST THE HOLTE WAS ALL NIGHT.
Says it all really. People are entitled to their opinions but that sort of thing should be saved for the final whistle. That sort of negativity will rub off on the players, make no mistake.

It cracks me that there is/has been a "Holte End - The 12th Man" banner drapped from the Upper Holte. That 12th man might as well be Steve Hodge practicing underhit back-passes the way it is at times.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 10:08:48 AM »
It'd be nice if a few more bothered to turn up.

But that's not what's losing us games.

Offline stevenjos

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 10:12:57 AM »
In these recessionary times, if supporters can see the that the club's heart isn't really in it, they're going to vote with their feet, as they did last night.

this

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 10:16:53 AM »
We are still acting like the person who has been dumped by the love of their lives. Hates everything and everybody, no enthusiasm for anything, no wanting to enjoy themselves... we need someone (a player or manager) to turn up to drag us out of the depression... and it has to happen quickly!

Very good post. That's exactly how it is. The heart fell out of the club in August and we all know why. We had it quite good for a long time and the sudden way we were 'dumped' was just hard to take. I could sense this watching the Europa game against rapid. it was liek watching villa in 1994/95. A sense of decline and a bit of ill fortune in the mix too.

If we could get Jol or Moyes I think we'd lift ourselves. Oh, and to carry London villan's analagy further, it'll only get worse for us whenever our 'ex' starts dating again and perhaps even wearing better clothes, looking better and doing things we'd hoped they'd have done wth us!

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 10:18:34 AM »
We are still acting like the person who has been dumped by the love of their lives. Hates everything and everybody, no enthusiasm for anything, no wanting to enjoy themselves... we need someone (a player or manager) to turn up to drag us out of the depression... and it has to happen quickly!

Very good post. That's exactly how it is. The heart fell out of the club in August and we all know why. We had it quite good for a long time and the sudden way we were 'dumped' was just hard to take. I could sense this watching the Europa game against rapid. it was liek watching villa in 1994/95. A sense of decline and a bit of ill fortune in the mix too.

If we could get Jol or Moyes I think we'd lift ourselves. Oh, and to carry London villan's analagy further, it'll only get worse for us whenever our 'ex' starts dating again and perhaps even wearing better clothes, looking better and doing things we'd hoped they'd have done wth us!

Wearing 31 in a red shirt maybe ??

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 10:46:02 AM »
I drove 3 hours to get to VP last night and 2 hours home again (less traffic).

I dont need anyone telling me I cold do more to support that shower. They are fortunate I even bothered to turn up.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2011, 10:46:45 AM »
At times like these we need to all pull together and get behind the lads sing our heart's out and let the players and the club now we are 110% behind them.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 10:49:54 AM »
We need a rallying point though. GH messed that up with the Liverpool comments. He needed the fans on his side, but he has failed miserably to do that.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2011, 10:51:11 AM »
My two mates and I were screaming encouragement all through the game.
As were many around me, didn't seem to make much difference.

Online lovejoy

Villa fans attitude
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 12:38:13 PM »
Not sure if its a brummie thing or not but all this negativity and moaning and being quiet until things go wrong and then getting on the teams back is not helping. Protesting, tnot turning up, boo-ing - its counter-productive.
Surely now, more than ever, the team needs our support. Its time to circle the wagons folks or we're doomed.

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: Villa fans attitude
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2011, 12:40:57 PM »
I didn't Boo, I didn't sing the "Sacked in the Morning song" - I simply walked out, embarressed and ashamed at the performance. I never said a word all the way back to the car.

I'm more than happy to support the team, obviously, and will be making the trip to Sheffield on Sat to give the lads my backing, but, if you pay your money, surely you get the chance to sing, chant or boo whatever you like? (obviously nothing racist, or illegal, obviously)

I want to see more from the players, too. Surely it's give and take?

Offline midnite

• GM : 30.03.2016
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2011, 12:44:19 PM »
I know what you're saying love joy but sometimes the team need to help the crowd. I thinks it's the manner of the defeats that getting us down. I know it is me. If they're losing but at least playing with gusto, pride, passion and the manager looks like he knows what he's doing then there's no reason to get on the back of anyone. U cheer on the team and give them all u can but when it's shite after shite after shite it starts to wear you down.
I don't agree with booing your own team. I don't see how that helps any one but u need to vent your frustration when it's sheer lack of concentration, stupidity and a clueless manager.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2011, 12:45:06 PM »
Not sure if its a brummie thing or not

It's not.

Fulham, Liverpool, West Ham, Wolves have all been booed off in the last week or so.

get paid £50k a week and don't turn up for work then you should expect a group of hard-pressed supporters to let you know how they feel.

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2011, 01:02:26 PM »
Not sure if its a brummie thing or not but all this negativity and moaning and being quiet until things go wrong and then getting on the teams back is not helping. Protesting, tnot turning up, boo-ing - its counter-productive.
Surely now, more than ever, the team needs our support. Its time to circle the wagons folks or we're doomed.

No I don't see it as a Brummie thing, but yes I do think we need to stick together and even though half the fcukers on the pitch don't deserve I'll be backing them on Saturday because they play for Villa.

A few years ago this would've been different maybe I'm growing up (finally some would say)  maybe it's to do with my interest and reading in the Ultras scene in mainland Europe, most Ultras will never turn on their team during a game, they may turn their main banner upside to show a sign of severe unhappiness with something at the club but still back the team 100% during a game. Protests are kept for when the team isn't playing.

I find something quite romantic about supporting team 110% even though their killing you inside and that's why I'll be cheering them like always come 3pm on Saturday.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal